Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Just now, AKCJ said:

The more I think about it, the worse it gets.

He'll probably want to take Hermansen with him as well. This is a proper disaster.

Hermansen is the only player in our squad that I am possibly worried about him going for, none of their goalkeepers are as good with their feet as Mads is

Can't see them him wanting to go for anyone else though

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

Some of the responses in here….

Can anyone really say, if they were in the same position as Maresca, that they would turn down this opportunity?

This is a job  that will make him financially secure for life , even if he lasts less than a season.

The post-Plymouth thread was full of Maresca out posts. That was literally last month!

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

No self respecting so called 'top' manager is going to go there and tarnish their reputation, particularly when they don't seem to have any say in player purchases and other alleged interferences. 

For Maresca however, rather like Potter, it's arguably an offer he can't refuse. Better salary no doubt and albeit a very risky one, a chance to try and prove himself at a big club. 

He'd be taking an even bigger risk if he stays here perhaps under the current circumstances. If it's offered, I think he has to take it. Neither has he arguably got, or likely to get, before the start of the season, the type of players he needs to play his system. In that respect, as he seems completely wedded to his system to the point of stubbornness or simply unable to adapt to anything else, it's probably better for both party's that he leaves. Potentially a really good manager for us but perhaps not in our current circumstances. 

It doesn't make sense. Where's the risk? Does Enzo believe he's an established top manager after one year in Championship? Even in Championship he managed to reach Rodgers levels of arrogance. 

P. S. I was Enzo out so I'm not even remotely sad he's leaving. Enzo knows tactical football as much as I know rocket science. 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

The more I think about it, the worse it gets.

He'll probably want to take Hermansen with him as well. This is a proper disaster.

Not too bothered if he does as I rate Stolarcyk as a much better shot stopper anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Hermansen is the only player in our squad that I am possibly worried about him going for, none of their goalkeepers are as good with their feet as Mads is

But we'd be able to get ~£30m plus for him, and that removes the need to sell KDH 

47 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

I’d like to think we’re still an attractive prospect for a manager, even with the financial mess and points deduction.  We’re in the PL, where many managers want to be.  And let’s face it, all managers have massive egos and think they’re amazing.  Many would probably relish the challenge of keeping us up despite the obstacles.  And if they fail - well, it’s not their fault is it, it’s the points deduction and the finances.  So they walk away with their heads held high and a big wad of cash.  What’s not to like?!! 

I'd make an appointment with The Championship in mind the year after. We'll have to cut our cloth for the next couple of years.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

But we'd be able to get ~£30m plus for him, and that removes the need to sell KDH 

A lot easier to replace KDH than Mads though imo (especially if our next manager wants a keeper good with their feet as well)

Just now, gazzaa2 said:

I'd make an appointment with The Championship in mind the year after. We'll have to cut our cloth for the next couple of years.

Corberan or Rosenior in that case. But I'd like us to go all out for survival 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Always thought Sanchez was one of the best at it at Brighton, doesn't seem to have gone well at Chelsea though.

1 minute ago, Will1981 said:

Not too bothered if he does as I rate Stolarcyk as a much better shot stopper anyway.

Can he take the whole squad with him and just leave Vardy and a couple others? This squad and especially the defense isn't anywhere near PL quality. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Surely just the release clause…

My take is Just because there is a release clause it don't automatically mean they want to pay it all. 

Its not a case of pay it or dint have him.

If he wants to go where does that leave you?

It's all about negotiation and there's the staff team involved as well who will need releases.  

So unfortunately no... its not a simple case of "Just paying the release clause" 

1 minute ago, pkonline said:

Hermansen contract is to 2028 so the ball would firmly be in our court if Chelsea came for him, only selling if Chelsea pay their usual over the odds.

Onana price tag and I'm volunteering to take him to Stamford Bridge myself. 

31 minutes ago, MPH said:

Some of the responses in here….

Can anyone really say, if they were in the same position as Maresca, that they would turn down this opportunity?

This is a job  that will make him financially secure for life , even if he lasts less than a season.

lol As if he hasn’t got enough money already.

I can accept ambition as an answer but I do laugh whenever people say “money sets him up for life” as if he’s leaving Accrington Stanley.

• Like 1

Is what it is..  pretty gutted in the sense that he did what he had to do.. take us back up.  Thought he was a very good coach, excellent man manager, players seemed to love him but more than anything seemed to rebuild that connection that Rodgers destroyed.   himself (the manager), /players/fans.   Felt like it was an exciting “project” he spoke about a lot.   That being said.. Part of me feels like he’s too stubborn to change the way we played & could’ve got battered in games in the PL & wouldn’t have been surprised to actually see him get dismissed in the first 10 ish games of next season.   So atleast we get £10M for him which could be big with all this PSR shite.  Personally would take Moyes.. first season back in PL, like to think he’d keep us up & could finish around top 10 & be a stable PL club again.  Never dull being a lestoh fan is it😂🦊

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

if they want him i suspect we'll make them pay well over the odds for him

theyve been linked with Trafford as well, i suspect they might go for him 

Im surprised Enzo is going Chelsea tbf, think he might be in for a shock tho, as given the state of the chelsea ownership i'd be very very surprised if he lasts the season, think Chelsea have looked at Arsenal and Arteta and thought, hes doing well we should get someone who worked under Pep too.

its kinda meh to see him going but honestly im not overly arsed if im honest

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

My take is Just because there is a release clause it don't automatically mean they want to pay it all. 

Its not a case of pay it or dint have him.

If he wants to go where does that leave you?

It's all about negotiation and there's the staff team involved as well who will need releases.  

So unfortunately no... its not a simple case of "Just paying the release clause" 

Should be refusing any negotiation imo. Pay or he stays 

Was wondering how many times a promoted team had changed manager in pre-season so had a quick look at the last 10 years. It's only happened twice in that period: Watford in 2015-16 (who stayed up) and Hull in 2016-17 (who went down).