Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 minute ago, Vardy Party said:

Is what it is..  pretty gutted in the sense that he did what he had to do.. take us back up.  Thought he was a very good coach, excellent man manager, players seemed to love him but more than anything seemed to rebuild that connection that Rodgers destroyed.   himself (the manager), /players/fans.   Felt like it was an exciting “project” he spoke about a lot.   That being said.. Part of me feels like he’s too stubborn to change the way we played & could’ve got battered in games in the PL & wouldn’t have been surprised to actually see him get dismissed in the first 10 ish games of next season.   So atleast we get £10M for him which could be big with all this PSR shite.  Personally would take Moyes.. first season back in PL, like to think he’d keep us up & could finish around top 10 & be a stable PL club again.  Never dull being a lestoh fan is it😂🦊

Rumoured to be 10 million Euros so that's around 8.5 million but it isn't a guaranteed payment.  It will be a negotiation between us and Chelsea with that as a background figure. 

They might pay it but if he really wants to leave we're not in a great position. if we were not in such a financial mess we could refuse and put him on gardening leave if they don't pay the full compensation.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This only worries me if the club under estimates his value. 

If Maresca immediately wants to take Winks or Hermansen because he sees them as essential to his system, we have to be turning around and saying fine, but we know that and they've both got four years left so that's £50m each. 

If we sell Hermansen for something like 45m in profit, which is what he's probably worth, after having him for a year? I'm not too mad about that.

He's an incredible keeper that's destined for big things but he won't be anywhere near as important to us in the Premier League without Enzo as he was in the second division with him. 

He's a goalkeeper for teams that are going to dominate possession. I'd swap him for a strong shot stopper that's four or five inches taller and costs us a middling fee tbh. 

Nobody is paying £50m for any keeper this window. 

Amd £50m for Winks? I mean...he had a good season but behave.

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 1

Sad but not gutted to see him go. Football rarely got out of second gear, and there were some really turgid times. Overall fantastic we won the league, but I really struggle to be overly gutted by this. 

Chelsea are taking a significant downgrade on Pochettino, but maybe Maresca is more willing to sit on his hands.

I trust we will get a decent replacement.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

110 million to Chelsea and a hotel for any of our players. *****

Just make sure we don't listen to the halfwits suggesting Steve Cooper, that Forest goony lookalike can fook right off shit ****!

Edited by Foxin_Mad

2 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

Should be refusing any negotiation imo. Pay or he stays 

So you would force a manager that don't want to be here to stay and manage us 🤔 

What are they going to do when Chelsea are 2-0 down and the plan isn't working for Enzo? 

I am shite at Football Manager 2024, but I at least change a few things when I am a few goals down. Enzo just does exactly the same until the end regardless. Definition of insanity that bloke. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This only worries me if the club under estimates his value. 

If Maresca immediately wants to take Winks or Hermansen because he sees them as essential to his system, we have to be turning around and saying fine, but we know that and they've both got four years left so that's £50m each. 

If we sell Hermansen for something like 45m in profit, which is what he's probably worth, after having him for a year? I'm not too mad about that.

He's an incredible keeper that's destined for big things but he won't be anywhere near as important to us in the Premier League without Enzo as he was in the second division with him. 

He's a goalkeeper for teams that are going to dominate possession. I'd swap him for a strong shot stopper that's four or five inches taller and costs us a middling fee tbh. 

id be very very surprised if Chelsea came in for Winks, maybe Hermansen but they'll have to pay over £30mil id a thought maybe more

Chelsea will be paying £9/10mil alone for Enzo, and im pretty sure they arent out the woods yet FFP/PSR wise either

the whole thing is a bit shit but hey ho

4 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

Can’t go and work for Chelsea in that case, there will be a non compete 

Doubt it. 

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

That's the point. If you want them, pay up. The idea is to keep the players. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Chelsea will, paid 25m for Brightons 3rd choice

no chance he goes for winks 

Edited by Cincinnati Fox

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So you would force a manager that don't want to be here to stay and manage us 🤔 

They’d pay the money now we know he’s first choice. 

While it’s a good move for Enzo (and arguably us), it’s going to end in tears.

Chelsea fans are already rightly going wtf after going from Poch to a Championship manager. 

Going to be similar to Nuno at spurs, fans aren’t on his side from the off and as soon as he hits a bad run of form, it’ll be curtains.  

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Doubt it. 

That's the point. If you want them, pay up. The idea is to keep the players. 

Why doubt it? If there’s not why would they bother to negotiate/ pay anything at all? Literally no point in a release clause otherwise 

So waking up to all the noise and it all sounds a little ominous now. Looking like Enzo is going bar any drastic reversal which will be very awkward after so much foreplay. Time to start looking at another manager.

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

:dunno:

Unless they have release clauses, their value, especially so close to the start of their contract, is whatever we determine it to be. 

Harry Maguire and Wesley Fofana absolutely aren't £80m footballers, Danny Drinkwater was never worth forty odd. 

The flip side of that is that James Maddison for £35m or whatever it was is unbelievably good business. 

It's just about the strength of your negotiating position. You're probably right, 50 is an exaggeration, but the point is the same. If we hold out for significant profit I don't have a major issue with selling. Especially Hermansen, whose value is significantly higher to a top team than it is to one just looking to survive. 

1 minute ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

How the **** has he got that job 🤣…. 

Chelsea wanted another manager, sacked Poch and then found the manager they were after was heading elsewhere,  sooo to save face they then drew up a quick shortlist of anyone half decent who was available and Enzo  threw his hat, coat, socks into the ring......probably:ph34r:

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Put in the compensation agreement that they can't sign any of our players this summer.

Why? If the price is right our entire squad is up for sale unfortunately and if you have a scenario where Enzo goes in and says “I need this player” you are into pants down territory.

Edited by VLC86

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Chelsea wanted another manager, sacked Poch and then found the manager they were after was heading elsewhere,  sooo to save face they then drew up a quick shortlist of anyone half decent who was available and Enzo  threw his hat, coat, socks into the ring......probably:ph34r:

Poch wasn't sacked by Chelsea.