Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

6 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

While it’s a good move for Enzo (and arguably us), it’s going to end in tears.

Chelsea fans are already rightly going wtf after going from Poch to a Championship manager. 

Going to be similar to Nuno at spurs, fans aren’t on his side from the off and as soon as he hits a bad run of form, it’ll be curtains.  

He moaned about our fans, he will stand no chance with Chelsea fans.

I can’t wait for more of his excuses. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VLC86 said:

Why? If the price is right our entire squad is up for sale unfortunately and if you have a scenario where Enzo goes in and says “I need this player” you are into pants down territory.

Shame it’s our shitest squad in years, otherwise might have had their pants down 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Enzo has to take this job his only real chance of a big job, if he stayed with us he could be sacked by Xmas and probably never manage in the premier league again.

Didn't hurt Kompany.

Tbh it's speak volumes of where football is where Maresca and Kompany are getting 'elite' jobs. (Appreciate elite and is being used loosely regarding Chelsea atm)

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

lol As if he hasn’t got enough money already.

I can accept ambition as an answer but I do laugh whenever people say “money sets him up for life” as if he’s leaving Accrington Stanley.

How much is enough money  ? Its all about levels. He'll see squad players earning more than him .

It's like if you can afford 1st class air travel and someone offers private jet wages .

• Like 1

Just now, los dedos said:

How much is enough money  ? Its all about levels. He'll see squad players earning more than him .

It's like if you can afford 1st class air travel and someone offers private jet wages .

Also making sure future generations of your family are rich beyond their wildest dreams 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

So it'll be €10m for Enzo, that doesn't include his entire backroom staff I'd assume. We'll be looking at €15m+ 

we have backroom staff? 

56 minutes ago, Benji said:

We really need to start excluding Chelsea from our release clauses.  We're becoming their feeder club when we really should be telling them to f off if we have any ambition.

Also, and without immediately going to "Rudkin's an idiot", how on earth has Maresca got a release clause??  He had zero negotiation power - we took a punt on him and gave him a chance with a squad far too good for the championship.  The release clause would only be relevant if he'd done well, i.e. we got promoted, and then why would we let him go unless it's on our own terms?  Feels like shocking negotiation from us.

I for one will be really disappointed if he goes.

clubs don’t hold onto a manager that wants to leave. It’s never worked that way. 

This was actually smart as it gets the club some cash. if we had no release clause he’d be leaving and we’d get a pittance 

Posted (edited)

Can thank him for getting us back up but Maresca in the PL wasn't going to work at Leicester playing that style of play. Look at Kompany and Burnley and Kompany was given the funds to buy the players he wanted. 

A points deduction, budget restrictions, his bad temperament. He wouldn't have lasted past October.

Edited by gazzaa2
  • Like 1

Many are predicting a rocky ride for Enzo at Chelsea, so presumably they would also be happy that his high risk football has pitched up at Stamford Bridge rather than the KP? Personally, I was dreading watching his experiment flop against Premier League opposition next season and now look forward to the club appointing a more pragmatic replacement. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 2