Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Posted (edited)

There was a long standing meme in English football about the same selection of managers taking it in turns to manage clubs at the bottom of the Prem. 

Allardyce, Hodgson, Pardew, Sparky, Arry, etc. 

But when you think about it there's a similar cadre of elite managers just doing the rounds at Europe's top clubs. Guys like Tuchel, Ancelotti, Pochettino, just kinda doing laps of the big clubs getting hired and fired. 

Gets to a point where there's only so many you can hire. At some stage it's worth it for clubs like Bayern and Chelsea to take a punt on a next big thing. Don't really see that it's that surprising. They either hire someone they know has a long history of being mid table or they take a chance that a young manager is something special. 

Don't think it's that weird.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Chelsea is a poison chalice.  Poch and Tuchel Both left because the owners wanted to control the transfers and were crap at it - so theses guys figured they may as well leave.  In away Enzo is in that position with us... he has already called for the club to change... and now he is off.

30 minutes ago, gazzaa2 said:

I'd make an appointment with The Championship in mind the year after. We'll have to cut our cloth for the next couple of years.

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Corberan or Rosenior in that case. But I'd like us to go all out for survival 

Never get these opinions as we could get someone rated like corberan or rosenior next summer after we’ve gone down.

We want to target the best we can for now (not saying that might not be coberan or someone similar) But the point is, just worry about the championship when we are back there. 

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Rudders is negotiating with chelsea - I heard he came back from the first meeting with his underpants on backwards

Christ, how much will we be paying them?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Many are predicting a rocky ride for Enzo at Chelsea, so presumably they would also be happy that his high risk football has pitched up at Stamford Bridge rather than the KP? Personally, I was dreading watching his experiment flop against Premier League opposition next season and now look forward to the club appointing a more pragmatic replacement. Fingers crossed! 

Chelsea have much better players & may be able to execute the Enzo plan in the Premier league Personally I think with our players we would get hammered most weeks playing the Enzo system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Never get these opinions as we could get someone rated like corberan or rosenior next summer after we’ve gone down.

We want to target the best we can for now (not saying that might not be coberan or someone similar) But the point is, just worry about the championship when we are back there. 

Which is why I said I'd rather us go all out for survival lol

27 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Nobody is paying £50m for any keeper this window. 

Amd £50m for Winks? I mean...he had a good season but behave.

If any team would, that team is Chelsea.

Just now, gurru991 said:

Chelsea have much better players & may be able to execute the Enzo plan in the Premier league Personally I think with our players we would get hammered most weeks playing the Enzo system.

Possibly, but they have got the last few Managers sacked or frustrated so I wouldn't bet on it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

clubs don’t hold onto a manager that wants to leave. It’s never worked that way. 

This was actually smart as it gets the club some cash. if we had no release clause he’d be leaving and we’d get a pittance 

The release clause benefits the player/manager not the club.  We could have still negotiated a £10m settlement if Chelsea were interested, but we would have had the ability to negotiate.  Our hands are behind our backs, just like it was for Kante.

Edited by Benji

4 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

You don't know that Enzo I'd pushing for anything he hasn't said anything only journalists with rumours.

It could all be completely made up. That is completely different from mahrez who was actually sat sulking in an airport

He has literally signed for chelsea lol 😆 

Best thing to happen to the club this is not so good for chelsea thou.

Just now, An Away Move said:

Hate your style and wasn’t afraid to tell you.
Hate you for leaving. Disloyal bastard.

Yours,

FoxestTalk.  

You don't speak for me. 

• Like 2

when Pearson left after the great escape we were all so worried - and look what happened.  I do think we have not got the players to make enzoball work - we would give away too many goals and score few.
We need someone who will play to the strengths of the player we have and scrape 45 point.  IMO that is ralph rangnick.

• Like 2

I don't know why anyone would wish him well tbh. Thanks for getting us up, did a decent job, think we can agree on that but...leaving after a year for one of the most dislikeable clubs in the country. Nah, will enjoy it very much if it all goes tits up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Enzo plan? 

It's simply the carbon copy of Peps