Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

People saying about Chelsea coming in and buying Mads (or anyone else) should probably note that it's been widely pointed out that Chelsea need to sell to buy. Gallagher, despite being one of their better performers this season, is often being linked with moves away (though no takers it seems) because they need to raise funds. This is disputed, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept their spending a bit more sensible this summer.

Given they have asked for permission suggests that high level details have already been agreed either via talks with his representatives or informal talks with Enzo. For it too get to this stage it’s highly unlikely to fall through now. Deal all but already done IMO I wouldn’t  be shocked or surprised if this is announced in the next 24 hours. 

1 hour ago, Langston said:

Is it a release clause or just the approx compo to buy out his contract? Genuine question because I've no idea.

Yes almost certainly will be a buy out of the contract rather than a release clause as stated there would be no reason for us to put a release clause in

They'll get top 4 next season and he'll be the messiah. Then sack him the following Christmas when they're battling top 6.

I think the top 4 would've been achieved with poch or whoever they employed as well, won't have ought to do with Enzo. Spurs need an overhaul, Liverpool will fall off with Klopp going and quite a few stars aging. United are miles off the top, as are Newcastle now.

They've had a year at Chelsea of these young players gaining experience, one or two slightly more experience quality signings and I think top four is nailed on, of not already. They ended the season on form.

For me, unless he wins a trophy, I don't feel you can measure his achievement next season as they were progressing that way anyway.

Wish him well though. Came in to get us promoted and he's done that. I don't think Leicester appeared to have been completely honest with him at the start regarding the financial situation  either.. so at least whoever comes in knows they'll be jumping in to the sh1t.

• Like 2

Realistically, he's done a good job. Turned a bunch of players low on confidence and no real style, to play the way he wants and put some square pegs in round holes (Ndidi). He also turned players like Vesty into a starter.

Yes this leaves us up the poo hole, but whatever you think he's done well here. Just a shame how it's ended. 

• Like 1

McKenna in charge of our squad last season breaks Reading's points record. It's that simple for me. We looked unstoppable on form but horrendous off it and Maresca is too tactically inflexible to deal with it. I've long had concerns that he would be sacked by Christmas anyway, so getting £8m for him helps with FFP and doesn't disrupt the preseason that much if we appoint well and quickly.

• Like 2

I don't think it's a massive loss for us to be honest. He did well initially until his stubborn game plan was found out by other managers and we ended up limping over the line whilst being the easiest team in the league to play against. Thanks for getting us back up, we move on and let's get behind the new manager :thumbup: 

I hope everything goes well in the talks and Chelsea won't back down. Because if Chelsea decide to go with another manager we're absolutely screwed. Top will be forced to sack him and we'll be another 10M+ down. No way we'll allow now this guy to stay another season. Glass was already cracked, now it's fully broken in pieces. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

How the **** has he got that job 🤣…. 

Pep breathed in his vicinity, so he’s now an amazing manager. That’s how it works.

• Like 3

Really interesting to see how he lines a side up at Chelsea. Would be amazed if he deviates from the setup he had here.

He will be screaming for a new GK and that central centre back.

Posted (edited)

He did what he came to do.

He was wanted out by a majority in march/April 

Let's just move on,  come October we could be looking to buy him out of his contract... 

Thanks, Enzo, we are grateful 🙏 

Edited by damolcfc

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

McKenna in charge of our squad last season breaks Reading's points record. It's that simple for me. We looked unstoppable on form but horrendous off it and Maresca is too tactically inflexible to deal with it. I've long had concerns that he would be sacked by Christmas anyway, so getting £8m for him helps with FFP and doesn't disrupt the preseason that much if we appoint well and quickly.

If doesn't really work like that though does it? 

He always spoke about being somewhere long term for the project. It lasted one year lol 

Not actually too bothered when I think about it. It’s not an ideal summer for it to happen but we move on.

Doesn’t feel like when we lost Pearson unexpectedly. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

This is pure copium tbh. 

Mckenna had already had a year at Ipswich, was entrenched with his squad and had confidence and momentum on his side. 

That Enzo came straight in and immediately broke records with us with little effort with the squad having been sapped of all confidence and morale by Rodgers is frankly remarkable. 

I think it's really sad that the incompetence of Rudkin and Co will see Enzo leaving after a year and the fans will probably blame the manager for a lot of it and it'll sour how he's viewed here because thy he's been absolutely exceptional. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

After getting us promoted and winning the title, I would have liked Enzo to stay for another year. Just because he's got to know the club, the players and probably had a good idea where we needed to strengthen this summer.  Him leaving now does unsettle us slightly.

But let's be honest - he wasn't perfect. One dimensional tactically, refused to change anything. We overcomplicated it at times last season. If we do that again next season - with a slow build up and a high defensive line. We'd be in for a very tough tough season I believe. Also his arrogance was a bit annoying - acting as if no one dare question him about his way of playing. Supporters aren't stupid and we all watch football most weeks. Sometimes, you need a plan B. 

We take the compensation - and go and find the best replacement we can. 

I think this sums up where I am perfectly. He’s done the job he came to do and got us promoted. We really didn’t need a manager change this soon after he’s got to know our players. 

I was, however, really worried about his tactical flexibility during our poor run last season. He really didn’t have a clue when plan A failed. 

It will be interesting to see how it goes at Chelsea. If it starts well it could work well for them, but if he goes on a bad run it could go sour very quickly. I’m not sure their fans would have too much patience if they’re losing and he just tries exactly the same thing game after game - with zero ‘in game’ management 

Another chance for revenge for them taking Kante.

First Danny didn't drink water.

Then Wes the sick note.Now the o e dimensional stubborn one.

Maybe they'll take Vestergaard and Soumara would be the dish served cold.

• Haha 1