Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Just now, Finnegan said:

This is pure copium tbh. 

Mckenna had already had a year at Ipswich, was entrenched with his squad and had confidence and momentum on his side. 

That Enzo came straight in and immediately broke records with us with little effort with the squad having been sapped of all confidence and morale by Rodgers is frankly remarkable. 

I think it's really sad that the incompetence of Rudkin and Co will see Enzo leaving after a year and the fans will probably blame the manager for a lot of it and it'll sour how he's viewed here because thy he's been absolutely exceptional. 

TBH even if we had a competent board he would still be leaving if Chelsea came knocking.

I just don’t think anyone saw it coming. 

I think the Kompany and Enzo moves are of course linked to Pep, but probably more taking the gamble now due to how Arsenal have done with Arteta. It's proved scalable.

The miss there though is that Arsenal have a great recruitment set up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is pure copium tbh. 

Mckenna had already had a year at Ipswich, was entrenched with his squad and had confidence and momentum on his side. 

That Enzo came straight in and immediately broke records with us with little effort with the squad having been sapped of all confidence and morale by Rodgers is frankly remarkable. 

I think it's really sad that the incompetence of Rudkin and Co will see Enzo leaving after a year and the fans will probably blame the manager for a lot of it and it'll sour how he's viewed here because thy he's been absolutely exceptional. 

Not sure that you can pin this one on incompetence. What could we really do if Chelsea come knocking?  We gave Rodgers a massive contract during similar speculation and that didn’t work out too well for the sustainability of the club. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

If he’s not there for at least 18 months, less than 20 games for Parma, a season with us and failure at Chelsea. Not looking great.

It's all about the 💷 and don't let anyone tell you otherwise 

7 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Unless he's a lot better man manager than I can give him credit for he is going to struggle with the egos at Chelsea. I predict a sacking. 

I hope he is sacked as soon as possible 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Not sure that you can pin this one on incompetence. What could we really do if Chelsea come knocking?  We gave Rodgers a massive contract during similar speculation and that didn’t work out too well for the sustainability of the club. 

Maybe I'm naive but I honestly believe that if Maresca had faith in the long term project here that he'd be staying. 

Chelsea are frankly a bit barmy and if he'd stayed here and put the time in I think he could be looking at better and more stable jobs. 

He's spoken passionately about wanting to build something and really work on a project and I think he thought that's what this is. But I also think he got sold a lie and is pissed off about it and largely wants out. 

Chelsea feels like any port in a storm really. That's not to suggest they aren't a massive club and it isn't a group opportunity in a lot of ways but I just don't think it would have been anywhere near as easy to tempt him if we had a competent sporting director and no pending points deduction blindsiding him. 

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I think the Kompany and Enzo moves are of course linked to Pep, but probably more taking the gamble now due to how Arsenal have done with Arteta. It's proved scalable.

Arteta was a game away from being sacked. Arsenal stuck by him. Can't see the same thing happening at Chelsea. Hire and fire. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

think it's really sad that the incompetence of Rudkin and Co will see Enzo leaving after a year and the fans will probably blame the manager for a lot of it and it'll sour how he's viewed here because thy he's been absolutely exceptional

He's goes Chelsea even if we are in a good place.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Unless he's a lot better man manager than I can give him credit for he is going to struggle with the egos at Chelsea. I predict a sacking. 

What egos are we talking about? This isn't a squad of winners? This isn't the John Terry era, there's no Eden Hazards in there. This squad has won nothing. It doesn't have any real superstars.  Literally the only player that can flop his bollocks out and give it the big'un is Cole Palmer. And he's been there a year. His namesake is the only player in the side to win anything, and that was with Argentina. And there are enough squad options to sit them out if they kick up a fuss.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

My take is Just because there is a release clause it don't automatically mean they want to pay it all. 

Its not a case of pay it or dint have him.

If he wants to go where does that leave you?

It's all about negotiation and there's the staff team involved as well who will need releases.  

So unfortunately no... its not a simple case of "Just paying the release clause" 

I would imagine they’re negotiating for him and his backroom staff so it would be an overall fee. Ultimately, they want Maresca knowing his release clause so that alone shows there is an element of them willing to pay it.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

What egos are we talking about? This isn't a squad of winners? This isn't the John Terry era, there's no Eden Hazards in there. This squad has won nothing. It doesn't have any real superstars.  Literally the only player that can flop his bollocks out and give it the big'un is Cole Palmer. And he's been there a year. His namesake is the only player in the side to win anything, and that was with Argentina. And there are enough squad options to sit them out if they kick up a fuss.

I think they all think they are better than they are. You only need to look at tgat penalty where they were fighting like teenage girls. It's gonna take some skill to manage a squad that Size with players who think they are it! 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Nobody is paying £50m for any keeper this window. 

Amd £50m for Winks? I mean...he had a good season but behave.

Mads for me is worth £30-£35m with regards to Winks, Chelsea can find a better play than Winks to play that role but he’s worth around £20m realistically.

12 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Yet look at Fergusons assistants careers 

33 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

After getting us promoted and winning the title, I would have liked Enzo to stay for another year. Just because he's got to know the club, the players and probably had a good idea where we needed to strengthen this summer.  Him leaving now does unsettle us slightly.

But let's be honest - he wasn't perfect. One dimensional tactically, refused to change anything. We overcomplicated it at times last season. If we do that again next season - with a slow build up and a high defensive line. We'd be in for a very tough tough season I believe. Also his arrogance was a bit annoying - acting as if no one dare question him about his way of playing. Supporters aren't stupid and we all watch football most weeks. Sometimes, you need a plan B. 

We take the compensation - and go and find the best replacement we can. 

This is the best/most logical response I’ve seen on this topic. 

• Like 2