Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Just now, Finnegan said:

Don't be daft mun. 

Fatawu is good, he isn't that good. 

Chelsea have stockpiled more wingers and attacking midfielders than any club on the planet. 

Besides Maresca will need preseason to look at and assess all his options and it's not as though they'd be averse to coming back for him a year from now for an absurd fee if his current players aren't deemed to be up to par.

I'm actually not that bothered if he takes the job at Chelski.

Probably wont last Xmas knowing them and it'll feck up his reputation as it does for most when sacked there like Potter who was deemed as the next Messiah and is now nowhere to be seen.

Sometimes  they dont realise what they have until they feck it up.

13 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m surprised he was a serious contender in the first place for Chelsea. On balance I’d prefer if he stayed, but I’m not majority bothered. It reeks of jumping ship when he knows it’s going to get harder, and we should have never lost 10 games last season.

11 actually.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

lol As if he hasn’t got enough money already.

I can accept ambition as an answer but I do laugh whenever people say “money sets him up for life” as if he’s leaving Accrington Stanley.

he’s set up for a good few years but if you’ve got a home in Italy and a home in London and yore travel king back and forth  the Leicester job  after one season is NOT going to set you up for life

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

McKenna staying at Ipswich having not got the Chelsea job. 

Means we’re competing vs. Brighton for a new manager, and they’ll likely be more attractive. 

McKenna will end up at Brighton. We’re competing with Ipswich. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

McKenna staying at Ipswich having not got the Chelsea job. 

Means we’re competing vs. Brighton for a new manager, and they’ll likely be more attractive. 

That is bad news for us.

A bit of a strange one this, Chelsea fans don't want him and a lot of our  supporters, myself included, not that bothered if he leaves. I think Enzo ball wouldn't have worked with our squad quality but may work at Chelsea. We need a more pragmatic manager for next season as we will be spending a lot of time in the trenches and playing on the break.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Anyone at Leicester races? Any sign of anyone like top/whelan/rudkin? After relegation last year whelan was the only one who attended. If so someone’s bound to ask…

Doesn't appear Top is there. Doubt Rudkin goes without him.

• Like 1

Looks like that's him gone then.

Never brought in to his style of football, but he will leave us in a much better position than when he came so got to wish him well.

Pretty sure when he came he essentially cleared out the back room staff to replace with his own? 

The players played for him, and were complimentary. Chelsea have a good squad,  they just don't seem to click, perhaps they hope that will change under Maresca.

I still think it's a huge gamble for them though.

Now we've got to find a new manager and the majority of a new squad. All whilst financially crippled and ran by muppets. 

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

he’s set up for a good few years but if you’ve got a home in Italy and a home in London and yore travel king back and forth  the Leicester job  after one season is NOT going to set you up for life

He would have been paid very well at Manchester and would have had a promotion bonus from us , I would have thought.

Still think he'd be able to shop at Morrisons and not Aldi😄

Just now, Weller Wing said:

He would have been paid very well at Manchester and would have had a promotion bonus from us , I would have thought.

Still think he'd be able to shop at Morrisons and not Aldi😄

Oh he’d be well off for sure just not set up for life. He will be now though…

I think this has been triggered by Arteta making Arsenal competitive again and Bayern going for Kompany. Chelsea are so clueless they just looked for the next best former Pep assistant. 

Just now, Dames said:

I think this has been triggered by Arteta making Arsenal competitive again and Bayern going for Kompany. Chelsea are so clueless they just looked for the next best former Pep assistant. 

I'm not so sure it's as clueless as you think. This is the latest in the Pep disciple experiment. So far with resources outweighing the competition they have all achieved some form of success. Bayern believe that Kompany can replicate his Burnley success there because, as with their championship season, their resources outweigh that of their competitors. In terms of playing squad Enzo had better resources than the competition and won the league. Now they probably won't expect to be winning the league but they'll be hoping to open up a gap over other clubs that have less resources than them rather than finishing 6th and 12th as they have the last few years.

• Like 1