Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I imagine he's ambitious and wants to manage in the best league in the world.

If/when we go up, I think he'll want at least a season with us to test himself. Can't see him getting any other PL offers so why not stay with us?

I think a lot depends on what transfer budget he gets. I don’t think he will stick around if he cannot bring in players he wants and we lose likes of kdh.

20 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

I meant no ingratitude or derision, simply that Enzo is in a privileged position at a great club and I'm not sure I dislike keep ball it just seems copied and a little weak right now.

This has been a good season and Enzo is a good manager, but is good good enough?

Think that’s fair, and he has one job from here, well two if we expect him to not be sidetracked by the current PSR sideshow (which we do). I am appreciative of the change post relegation, but hold no attachment to him. Seems like a decent bloke.

Just now, Paninistickers said:

He's been given 15 or so premier league players and the biggest budget ever at this level (by a mile) to play at a level below and finish in the top two. 

I'm not having a pop at him. But it's a stark reality that literally any normal manager should be able to win promotion when dealt  a hand like that. 

Who are these 15 premier league players?

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If/when we go up, I think he'll want at least a season with us to test himself. Can't see him getting any other PL offers so why not stay with us?

Vincent kompany shows how you can lose your stock quickly. 

Got Burnley promoted at a canter. Rumoured to be in for spurs job. Can't imagine he'd get anything like now. 

Enzo may want to cash in while stock is high 

I cant believe he didn't make any changes sooner. Mav was poor all game Faes wasn't much better, Hamza saved his ass a few times today.

I also don't understand why we don't put Vesty up top and just win knockdowns to create chances for others.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think that’s fair, and he has one job from here, well two if we expect him to not be sidetracked by the current PSR sideshow (which we do). I am appreciative of the change post relegation, but hold no attachment to him. Seems like a decent bloke.

You're right his heart is in the right place but football at this level is the greatest show on earth, arousing such passion, strong opinion and whatever is said/not said about Enzo he is an Inexperienced manager.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Not sure he's as good as I thought he was. One idea, over and over again.

Just now, Paninistickers said:

JJ, Faes, Choudhury, Ricardo, Vesty, Souttar, Kristensen, Iversen, Coady, Winks, Kels, Daka, Vards, Praet, Wilf

Add to that he was allowed to bring in 38m worth of players to beef the above squad up (Inc Fatawu) on Hermansen, Mavidi,  Fatawu and Cannon

And decent.manager has to finish in the top2 with all that going for him

Faes isn’t, Hamza definitely isn’t. Vesty isn’t, Kristiensen? He’s not even hear. Iverson is wank, Daka’s first touch rivals Rolf Harris’, and Praet  is made of paper mache……. So where are these 15? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

For sure, you don't leave a decent job as peps assistant if you aren't hugely ambitious.

However, as we saw with Kompany, staying in a challenge in a club that hasn't got a chance in hell of staying up can hugely dent their value. 

I think if we're as ****ed financially as we seem, he'll look and chance himself with getting another role 

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He's been given 15 or so premier league players and the biggest budget ever at this level (by a mile) to play at a level below and finish in the top two. 

I'm not having a pop at him. But it's a stark reality that literally any normal manager should be able to win promotion when dealt  a hand like that. 

15 premier league players? Or 15 players that have played in the premier league? There's a big difference. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He's obviously a really principled man and that has to be respected, but right now we face a very perilous situation off the pitch and a worrying one on the pitch. 
This is one of the most important seasons in our recent history and if we bottle this we could be in massive trouble, potentially facing points penalties or financial ruin. 
With that in mind it's frustrating just how stubborn Enzo is being, it's clear to anyone watching that we don't have the players to play the way he wants at the level required, it has worked in some games this season where we've played really well, but there have been far too many poor performances this season. 
We really cannot afford to mess this up, and yet here we have a manager utterly refusing to adapt his system to fit the squad he has to extract the best performance. Not only that, teams have adapted to us because they have worked out that under pressure we crumble, and they are exploiting that. 
It will be unforgivable if Enzo puts his philosophy before the future of the club and we fail. I have a feeling he will be off in summer, his system needs investment that we simply cannot give him. If he is not going to be pragmatic then we need someone else who will. 

"Worked in some games", yeah, not like we been top of the league all year. "Some"! Laughable.

What system better fits out squad? 

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Faes isn’t, Hamza definitely isn’t. Vesty isn’t, Kristiensen? He’s not even hear. Iverson is wank, Daka’s first touch rivals Rolf Harris’, and Praet  is made of paper mache……. So where are these 15? 

You're being overly dramatic. 

Regardless of personal opinions on players, including mine, take Dennis Praet (who pisses me.off) . Maybe 75 PL appearances, goals and assist  at the PL level, 100 serie A games. International and Europa league experience. And he's nowhere near good enough for our team.

Championship clubs simply don't have players with that kinda CV,.let alone ones we can afford to leave out. Ask Mark Robins, Liam Rosensior or the Cardiff manager if they'd like Praet in their squad. They'd snap your hand off

Or, if you don't like the Praet analogy, how about asking Robins if he'd like 38m quid to spend and a wage budget of 60m?

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I like him I really do but I’m worried this is the case. Have we seen any improvement as the seasons gone on? 

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s looking like it’s a genuine possibility. And it will be completely on him in my opinion. 

I’ve always been worried about his stubbornness and complete lack of flexibility….. it could be our undoing.  

If we do blow it clubs are going to see that he failed to get promoted out of a very poor league with a squad that good. (I appreciate it’s probably not as a good as first thought but still strong) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think people have regularly forgotten he’s basically a managerial novice including when we were on a roll. He’s still learning about being a number one and he’ll learn a lot in the next few weeks. That’s part and parcel of taking a gamble on him. 

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

JJ, Faes, Choudhury, Ricardo, Vesty, Souttar, Kristensen, Iversen, Coady, Winks, Kels, Daka, Vards, Praet, Wilf

Add to that he was allowed to bring in 38m worth of players to beef the above squad up (Inc Fatawu) on Hermansen, Mavidi,  Fatawu and Cannon

And decent.manager has to finish in the top2 with all that going for him

Choudhury, Faes, Kristensen, Iversen, Daka, Praet, Souttar, based on what exactly? 

4 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

If we do blow it clubs are going to see that he failed to get promoted out of a very poor league with a squad that good. (I appreciate it’s probably not as a good as first thought but still strong) 

It probably is the best squad. 

But it’s not being used properly. Enzo is ignoring the teams strengths and is trying to force his philosophy onto them. And in times of hardship that doesn’t breed confidence. 

It’s interesting looking at talisman’s body language, and KDH does not look remotely impressed at the moment. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

You're being overly dramatic. 

Regardless of personal opinions on players, including mine, take Dennis Praet (who pisses me.off) . Maybe 75 PL appearances, goals and assist  at the PL level, 100 serie A games. International and Europa league experience. And he's nowhere near good enough for our team.

Championship clubs simply don't have players with that kinda CV,.let alone ones we can afford to leave out. Ask Mark Robins, Liam Rosensior or the Cardiff manager if they'd like Praet in their squad. They'd snap your hand off

Or, if you don't like the Praet analogy, how about asking Robins if he'd like 38m quid to spend and a wage budget of 60m?

I think what can be said, is Enzo Isn’t playing football to suit this teams strengths. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It probably is the best squad. 

But it’s not being used properly. Enzo is ignoring the teams strengths and is trying to force his philosophy onto them. And in times of hardship that doesn’t breed confidence. 

It’s interesting looking at talisman’s body language, and KDH does not look remotely impressed at the moment. 

Did you say he was ignoring their strengths when we had winning runs?

3 minutes ago, Danno said:

Choudhury, Faes, Kristensen, Iversen, Daka, Praet, Souttar, based on what exactly? 

Based in the fact they've all played well, in bits and pieces, in the PL. Or Ligue 1. Or Serie A. Played at World Cups. Played in the Europa league. How many championsio teams have got 15 players who done that?

Lemme phrase this another way. You think Mark Robins would take his squad over ours? The Norwich manager (whoever that is)Even Daniel Farke, if he had carte blanche, would choose our squad over his. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Did you say he was ignoring their strengths when we had winning runs?

I did actually yes. I’ve said throughout that I’ve held some reservations about Enzo’s reluctance to be flexible. You learn nothing about a team and manager when you’re winning, but you do when you’re losing, and at the moment Enzo doesn’t appear to be dealing with it very well. Is it lack of experience or stubbornness. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Based in the fact they've all played well, in bits and pieces, in the PL. Or Ligue 1. Or Serie A. Played at World Cups. Played in the Europa league. How many championsio teams have got 15 players who done that?

Lemme phrase this another way. You think Mark Robins would take his squad over ours? The Norwich manager (whoever that is)Even Daniel Farke, if he had carte blanche, would choose our squad over his. 

😂 all failed, which is why we’re in the championship, and no one wanted them in the summer. Musa had a good game once in the PL, doesn’t make him a PL player 

• Like 1