Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am starting to think this might be a master stroke.

The Shed End forum is absolutely golden. lol

I've just looked on there and they're quoting me.

Talk about being misinformed!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Interestingly on the Chelsea forum a lot of fans are saying his style wouldn’t suit their players 

It won’t.

Moreover, he’ll not find the same level of buy-in.

As others have said, he’ll be out before this time next year - but then he will be a few million better off for it so I can’t blame him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we get £10m for him that's a good deal.  There's half a chance he's peaked already. Plus £10m helps us with FFP.

I can't see his style of play keeping us up next season, but there's a chance he might excel at a top club.

I'm not exactly gutted he's leaving, which says a lot

• Like 2

Just now, Daggers said:

It won’t.

As others have said, he’ll be out before this time next year - but then he will be a few million better off for it so I can’t blame him.

He will get them playing for him like he did with our bunch, it will be a master stroke for Chelsea.

• Haha 1

Just now, Daggers said:

It won’t.

Plus we get the opportunity to find a bloke with a viable plan for 45 pts

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stevie Synex said:

Enzo and Rudkin spent most of last Thursday at the training ground locked in talks lm told.

Thought he’d got on the train to London, according to some on here.

21 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I'm preparing myself for all the propaganda and gloating if Chelsea have a good start to the new season.

Drinkwater and fofana haven't gone down too well, Chilwell has been okay though.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Which is why I said I'd rather us go all out for survival lol

haha sorry wasn’t calling you out, just adding to your conversation as you’d already commented 

• Like 1

Extremely disappointing; I had hoped Enzo would be our manager for a long time and although I had question marks about Enzo ball in the Premier League and was getting really pissed off when we had our down turn in form last season with his unyielding stubbornness, it is not ideal to be starting again with a new manager for next season.

Enzo did however show it can be done, coming in and developing a new style and he turned things round very quickly so this gives me hope whoever we get in can give us a fighting chance next season, but what worries me is the decision making at the club and what sort of shortlist they will have in terms of a replacement.

It is a great opportunity for Enzo, I don't blame him for taking the job, really questionable whether or not it is the right choice for Chelsea but it is certainly a bold move.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Will be hard to replace him though I think we will go straight back down if we lose Enzo

Most likely with him too anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, foxinsocks said:

The starting point for compensation for the backroom boys is all the wages we have paid them plus 75%

Oh yeah nice

Had to check their forum but they are quite right, for them an underwhelming appointment, for Enzo a big pay day,  for us, best he be gone now since he wants out and we take a nice cash payoff 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s a strange feeling, it’s been such a long time since we’ve had a manager leave to join another club….

My reflections of Enzo’s time here are mixed. 

Firstly, no one can deny the excellent job he has done here. The club was on its arse when he arrived, a shock relegation, the board making a complete hash of the finances, and a playing squad full of over expensive not particularly interested players. 

He was the tonic this club desperately needed, we needed someone with a steadfast philosophy, and a clear plan. Enzo’s ideology gave us just that, he knew what he wanted to do and that’s what he was going to do. This clearly captured the kinds of the players, and they clearly all warmed to him as a person and a manager. He managed to turn the futures around of players like Vesty, and find a whole new lease of life for players like Wilf. It is exactly the type of leadership we needed, and it ultimately saw us promoted in the most competitive championship campaign probably ever. 

However, as this news breaks it is possibly the right outcome for all parties involved. Despite the success on field, and what I think was brilliant recruitment, there were signs of Enzo’s inexperience and managerial naivety which very nearly cost us if it wasn’t for the quality the team had. The reason why this is a concern going forward is next season we really won’t have the luxury of a manager who appears to be so fixed into his philosophy. Its natural for a young manager to be like this, but next season we’re up against it from the off, there will be periods in the season where we could end up playing 5 of the top 8 over a sequence of games, and if you’re out of form, there’s no way you can just keep trying the same thing over and over again in hope things will turn, because you’ll get eaten alive. 

We are going to need a much more flexible approach for next season, a manager who puts the individuals of the squad before his philosophy, and will be able to get the best out of the group he has. At premier league level, I don’t think we can offer Maresca what he needs to make his philosophy work…… at Chelsea he has the players to implement this much more effectively than we do. So for both us and him, this is probably the best scenario going forward, as gutting as it is to lose a clearly talented and promising manager, we need to make sure we’ve got the right person for next season to maximise our potential and give us the best chance of staring up. 

Sensible, balanced analysis.  

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Extremely disappointing; I had hoped Enzo would be our manager for a long time and although I had question marks about Enzo ball in the Premier League and was getting really pissed off when we had our down turn in form last season with his unyielding stubbornness, it is not ideal to be starting again with a new manager for next season.

Enzo did however show it can be done, coming in and developing a new style and he turned things round very quickly so this gives me hope whoever we get in can give us a fighting chance next season, but what worries me is the decision making at the club and what sort of shortlist they will have in terms of a replacement.

It is a great opportunity for Enzo, I don't blame him for taking the job, really questionable whether or not it is the right choice for Chelsea but it is certainly a bold move.

It is a very bald move.

• Haha 1