Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

32 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He will do well at Chelsea no doubt about that, with the players they have and his style it will work.

He should do well but players at a higher level may not buy into his ideas as easily as our did 

Laughing my nuts off at The Shed End forum. He's going to be booed from virtually the first loss and he doesn't have the temperament to handle that. 

Car crash is the only future I can see I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I can't see Chelsea fans putting up with tippy tappy.

As I said earlier if Maresca got arsey with an apathetic Leicester fanbase who make very little noise either way and hardly put anyone under any pressure, ask question or hold anyone accountable whatsoever good luck under the spotlight at Chelsea.

I'm here for it, I think it'll be quite entertaining, ironically.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Laughing my nuts off at The Shed End forum. He's going to be booed from virtually the first loss and he doesn't have the temperament to handle that. 

Car crash is the only future I can see I'm afraid.

Chelsea fans are the biggest turds going. Booed Poch for most the season until he went and then all of a sudden he was getting somewhere. Entitled pricks the lot of them. 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Chelsea fans are the biggest turds going. Booed Poch for most the season until he went and then all of a sudden he was getting somewhere. Entitled pricks the lot of them. 

Oh yes. I know they are. They're dreadfully entitled - most don't remember what they were before Abrhamovic bought them success.

Enzo just won't cut it.

• Like 3

Just now, VictorFox said:

Be interesting to see how he gets on. Chelsea fans will turn on him quickly and I can imagine that dressing room with all the big name players could be quite toxic 

I presume he'll have Cole Palmer on side from the start which will be a tremendous boon for him. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, VictorFox said:

Be interesting to see how he gets on. Chelsea fans will turn on him quickly and I can imagine that dressing room with all the big name players could be quite toxic 

Would be funny if he tries to give them shade there, will be like poking a rabid bear.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Haha 1

If they get a nice run of fixtures early on and maybe a decent result against someone they'd consider a rival then he'll get the benefit of the doubt when they hit some rocky terrain. If they lose to Man City, Spurs and Liverpool in their opening 4 or 5 games, then he'll be on a hiding to nothing, despite the fact that that could easily happen to anyone.

Weirdly, I actually think he will do OK at Chelsea initially. His style of play was loved by the players here and he has got an abundance of talent with that Chelsea squad, that may actually make it work a lot better. I think he will get them 4th first season. 

Long-term though, I am not so sure. It's a style of play that can be easily criticised if things start going sour, as it did with us. 

Incredible move for him personally though, and it really is a huge step for him.

I'm pretty neutral about the whole thing, wouldn't have minded him staying, but not that fussed he is going either. 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He should do well but players at a higher level may not buy into his ideas as easily as our did 

I think they will, until it starts going wrong. Remember we've got some players that have done the rounds saying Enzo best gaffer they've worked under. We might see it as karma I'd he fails but he'll likely do well

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think they will, until it starts going wrong. Remember we've got some players that have done the rounds saying Enzo best gaffer they've worked under. We might see it as karma I'd he fails but he'll likely do well

As a rule of thumb, players getting picked like the coach and players not getting picked …..

chelsea have a pretty big squad when the injuries subside  - he’s got his work cut out to keep them all onside 

Just now, weller54 said:

Player power got us over the line..

Just as in 2014/15 when Cambiasso took control and saved our PL status.

You burning your bridges on purpose?  lol