Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Give it a rest, mate. You've made your feelings about Maresca clear plenty of times. 

Maybe we were top of the league with a phenomenal record, so the Leicester fans shouldn't have been on his back and he had a right to be arsey. 

Just because other fans don't agree with your view, no need to criticise them for a different opinion! 

Have I?

Tell me, what are they?

Please, do enlighten me, because I've been quite whilst he doesn't go without criticism from me i've also been very complementary about him.

Criticising other fans? I speak for myself when I say apathetic Leicester fans, I'm one of the most apathetic, it is generally where we find ourselves as a club and fanbase though.

Also, think you've contradicted yourself a little bit within 2 sentences.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Did the job in getting us up. Can't fault him for that. Shame that's where his legacy stays though. 

Probably on the Micky Adams scale in the grand scheme of things rather than NP or MON 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've kept quiet on this but i'm going to bite; Please, bear in mind some of the players spoke glowingly of Rodgers.

That's not to say they don't love working under Enzo but just something to consider.

They're hardly going to say otherwise.

The fact they had a players only meeting that coincided with getting over the line speaks volumes, added to it coinciding with our best performance of the season (5-0 v Southampton - That Enzo didn't like)...It's not to say Enzo's 'way' is wrong, but sometimes you need to change it up.

That's what I mean, when it's not going well it maybe his downfall. Our advantage is we had a band of brothers team ethic that allowed the players to sort it amongst themselves, would Chelsea players have that? Who knows. What is an unknown is if Enzo would have adapted with us in the PL where required, going to be interesting watching Chelsea next season, my personal opinion is he's a cracking coach, but him management skills are lacking, and that will be highlighted managing Chelsea

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

That's what I mean, when it's not going well it maybe his downfall. Our advantage is we had a band of brothers team ethic that allowed the players to sort it amongst themselves, would Chelsea players have that? Who knows. What is an unknown is if Enzo would have adapted with us in the PL where required, going to be interesting watching Chelsea next season, my personal opinion is he's a cracking coach, but him management skills are lacking, and that will be highlighted managing Chelsea

Enzo created that spirit the season before we couldn't even score a goal, team wasn't even talking to each other.

That's why he will do well where ever he goes.

Edited by whoareyaaa

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He had a task. Task 1 was to get us promoted. And regardless how effective his style was, whether it was enjoyable or if he made mistakes over the course of the season. He did that. He did it when others (Martin and Farke) with similar resources failed or did it the hard way. 

We’ve had some utter donuts manage the club. He did far better. We don’t need to hate/boo/ridicule everyone who leaves the club. Sometimes just enjoy the mutual respect. It’s Chelsea, it’s a massive club. And it propels him - of course he backs himself, most winners do. It’s the most obvious decision anyone could make. 

I hope he does well. He respected the badge and showed us some honour after the way we were treated by many the season before. 

Nah, even if you like him and enjoyed his tedious all out possesion football style you simply can't want him to go on and do well at f*king Chelsea. One of the most vile clubs in world football. I hope he fails miserably and relegates them personally.

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He had a task. Task 1 was to get us promoted. And regardless how effective his style was, whether it was enjoyable or if he made mistakes over the course of the season. He did that. He did it when others (Martin and Farke) with similar resources failed or did it the hard way. 

We’ve had some utter donuts manage the club. He did far better. We don’t need to hate/boo/ridicule everyone who leaves the club. Sometimes just enjoy the mutual respect. It’s Chelsea, it’s a massive club. And it propels him - of course he backs himself, most winners do. It’s the most obvious decision anyone could make. 

I hope he does well. He respected the badge and showed us some honour after the way we were treated by many the season before. 

Leaving after less than 12 months is not respecting the badge in any way. It’s a lack of respect and loyalty for the club that has given you a fabulous opportunity. He’s had a great season but if he leaves this quickly having remodelled LCFC as part of a supposed long term project he talked about then he goes in the same bin as McGhee and Megson! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I don't begrudge him leaving.  The job keeping us up was going to be every bit as hard as getting Chelsea to Champions League and the resources, not to mention pay, are significantly better there so were it me, I'd leave too.  I'm just not very confident in the club's ability to find the right replacement.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Literally 8 weeks ago we had polls on here and the majority wanted him sacked! People change their minds like the wind, if that £10m means we keep KDH then rather Enzo goes than KDH

It's just on the internet though, I doubt anyone seriously wanted him sacked, they were just instant reactions after crap results.

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's just on the internet though, I doubt anyone seriously wanted him sacked, they were just instant reactions after crap results.

I wanted him sacked. And when we went up, I was hoping he'd leave one way or another. 

Legacy intact. All leave as friends. Was a good season for both parties. We are both happier apart than together. 

Wins all round

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Leaving after less than 12 months is not respecting the badge in any way. It’s a lack of respect and loyalty for the club that has given you a fabulous opportunity. He’s had a great season but if he leaves this quickly having remodelled LCFC as part of a supposed long term project he talked about then he goes in the same bin as McGhee and Megson! 

Dont be naive.

There is little loyalty in football nowadays.

It's mostly about the $$$.

He wont have ANY loyalty to us, he will just see us as a stepping stone.

Sacked by Xmas hopefully  for them👍🏾