Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

I find the whole thing bizarre. He agreed to stay here because we agreed to his demands and now he’s going to a club that want complete control over everything.

Im not denying it’s a big step up in his career and that bits understandable but behind the scenes at Chelsea is worse than being ran by Rudkin.

For a man who sticks to his philosophy and principles it’s a bit of a strange move. Think he will do better at Chelsea than he would have done here with that style though as I do think we would have gone down under him playing the way we do.

Not gutted nor happy he’s going, feel very impartial. My concern is who we bring in because I have no idea who i’d go for now.

He’ll be sacked by Chelsea by Xmas, we’ll get moyes, stay up and have a crack at the league cup like old times. 

10 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I mean, it took Jamie Vardy to arrange a player only meeting to turn our form around and ultimately ensure promotion

I mentioned this early on in the thread

i honestly think we’d be in Leeds situation now had we stuck to his way.

Wish him well but I’ll lose no sleep

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

McKenna has shown loyalty. It does exist. I have no issue with being used as a stepping stone but after 1 season? Not having that, we should expect better as fans, I’m sure the players that have worked hard under him, players like Winksy will be surprised and disappointed. I agree with your Xmas prediction though! 

Interestingly though he’s been touting himself out. Apparently met with Brighton at least twice before De Zerbi departed. 

So Chelsea want exciting possession based football. Honestly can say that there was only a handful of games that I found exciting. Most where pretty boring side to side and backwards passing. There are other ways to win football matches as we proved winning the Prem. We are probably bookies favourites to go down next season so let's just give it a go with a new hungry manager who can adapt to games better.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

McKenna has more sense than go to Chelsea. NO manager is a long term success there. 2 years at best, most last less than a year. 

McKenna would definitely be going to Chelsea or Man Utd if they had offered it to him

• Like 3

Just now, moore_94 said:

McKenna would definitely be going to Chelsea or Man Utd if they had offered it to him

I actually believe the only reason is extending is under the condition he can leave for Man Utd when they are ready, as I believe he met with them this close season. If that’s true, then good on him I say.

• Like 2

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Interestingly though he’s been touting himself out. Apparently met with Brighton at least twice before De Zerbi departed. 

Fact is, he’s turned Brighton down and is staying at Ipswich. This will be his third season with the Tractor Boys. Maresca has given us one. I’d say committing to 3 years is loyal. Staying just for 1 season is definitely not. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Finding it quite funny as well after moaning about fixture arrangements in the Championship, he’s gotta contend with the conference league next season in an extended format! 😂

Rumours they may not actually join the conference league due to financial restrictions 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Whoever takes over for us is in for a properly tough season. Staving off relegation is the only goal and will likely be a miracle if it can be achieved. 

Can’t imagine many here turning down double or triple the dosh for doing basically the same job, if it was offered. 

My opinion is that this works out best for everyone. We get around £10-£12 million compensation (depending on back room staff) and a manager who might be pragmatic enough to keep us up. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

Plus, I was hoping Maresca would be able to put some pressure on Rudkin's role at the club in some capacity, and I presume that will end with his departure.

Yep. I genuinely held hope things would change a bit over the summer. Now we’re a manager down and a cock still in his job as DoF. 

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Fact is, he’s turned Brighton down and is staying at Ipswich. This will be his third season with the Tractor Boys. Maresca has given us one. I’d say committing to 3 years is loyal. Staying just for 1 season is definitely not. 

But he's done the exact same thing Enzo has, touted himself around to the bigger jobs going. His agent will have been doing exactly what Enzo's did. 

He's not been offered it, easy to remain loyal when the job you're after aren't interested. 

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Reported that McKenna withdrew from the process/ruled himself out of the running after meeting with Chelsea

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Nah..

Cambiasso told JV to arrange the meeting and was live on Teams to give the instruction. 

Nah. Cambiasso astral projected onto the pitch and was calling play by play. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Whoever takes over for us is in for a properly tough season. Staving off relegation is the only goal and will likely be a miracle of it can be achieved. 

Can’t imagine many here turning down double or triple the dosh for doing basically the same job, if it was offered. 

My opinion is that this works out best for everyone. We get around £10-£12 million compensation (depending on back room staff) and a manager who might be pragmatic enough to keep us up. 

Yeah, I'm kind of on this wave length. It's just a shame it's all gone the way it has. I just don't trust Rudkin to get the next appointment right. 

Edited by fox_favourite

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Reported that McKenna withdrew from the process/ruled himself out of the running after meeting with Chelsea

Reported that Chelsea told him thanks but no thanks and there weren't going to go any further with him in the process

Bye bye. 

I’m not even that bothered either, did what I expected in getting promoted but he’s not some sort of genius that some people paint him to be.