Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did it, or is that one of those “common knowledge” things?

It definitely happened, I don’t know if that’s the reason for the turnaround.

• Like 1

Of course there's an element of confirmation bias in it for me but in the last 20 games of the season we were the 8th best side in the Championship (11th in the last 15) which is an utter disgrace with the squad we've got. Our first half of the season being as good as it was papers over the cracks for the final half of the season. We went from the best side the Championship has ever seen to bang average in the space of a month. 

No hard feelings to Enzo as he delivered the objective but part of me thinks it could be a blessing in disguise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It's strange that we've already decided as a fanbase that he's going to go there and be a failure. A lot of people on here will have egg on their face if he does well with them.

I think its more about Chelsea then Enzo.

Edited by coolhandfox

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Of course there's an element of confirmation bias in it for me but in the last 20 games of the season we were the 8th best side in the Championship (11th in the last 15) which is an utter disgrace with the squad we've got. Our first half of the season being as good as it was papers over the cracks for the final half of the season. We went from the best side the Championship has ever seen to bang average in the space of a month. 

No hard feelings to Enzo as he delivered the objective but part of me thinks it could be a blessing in disguise. 

But..... The season is played over more than 20 games? 

• Like 1

What's Fatawus contract status? I'm more concerned that Leicester are going to fanny about looking for a new manager and not sign him permanently before his loan contract runs out and he'll be off to Chelsea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm more disappointed we've lost somebody putting some genuine pressure on the board than the coach himself. The earth could get boomed through the sun and Rudkin would still come out of the other side in power at this club.

Seemingly absolutely guaranteed his job. Crazy 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good for him. He did his job getting us promoted and can't blame him for turning down serious cash for an opportunity at delivering his style of football with relatively unlimited funds. 

The alternative being us... Potential points deduction, no funds for strengthening, players out of contract... 

Realistically who shouldn't jump at the chance?

As a foxes fan I just hope we steady the ship, make a sensible appointment and build for the future 

Edited by kingston_fox
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm more disappointed we've lost somebody putting some genuine pressure on the board than the coach himself. The earth could get boomed through the sun and Rudkin would still come out of the other side in power at this club.

This. I don’t want him to leave and think he’d do well if he stayed but I think we can replace fairly effectively. I’m more worried that it signals where the power really lies and strengthens Rudkin’s position. 

Edited by RumbleFox

Posted (edited)

We've just watched the Southampton extended highlights and shouted 'traitor' everytime Enzo came on screen. Cos we are clever like that.

Edited by Chelmofox

7 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Cheers for getting us back up, but saves us paying him off at Christmas. Think this is best all round for everyone. 

Fair comment to be fair. Fully agree.

Plus I don’t blame him for going the amount of shit he got from over half the fans on FT in April. Loads on here wanted him out - looks like you’ve all got your wish!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

This. I don’t want him to leave and think he’d do well if he stayed but I think we can replace fairly effectively. I’m more worried that it signals where the power really lies and strengthens Rudkin’s position. 

Not touting for Rudkin but not sure how it’s his fault that Chelsea want our manager, or why Maresca wouldn’t be interested in going to a so called top 6 team. If he goes then good luck to him, thanks for this season and we move to a new chapter. Just get the new manager in place asap and make sure it’s a good fit. Up the City

4 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Given our financial position, the £10 million isn't to be sniffed at.

Wish him well at Chelsea. His playing style may well work with the players they have.

I’ve listened to them pulling it apart all afternoon on the radio, and I just can’t see it working with who they have right now. After a billion spent, he still would need to overhaul things to make them the possession side he wants and needs. Absolutely crazy appointment 

6 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Not touting for Rudkin but not sure how it’s his fault that Chelsea want our manager, or why Maresca wouldn’t be interested in going to a so called top 6 team. If he goes then good luck to him, thanks for this season and we move to a new chapter. Just get the new manager in place asap and make sure it’s a good fit. Up the City

Oh aye, I actually don’t hold any hard feelings. I just think it was a positive seeing a manager call him out (or calling the club out at least). Just worried Rudkin will tighten his grip. It was a real chance for a shake up. 

It doesn't break my heart him leaving. 

What will absolutely break my heart is if he gets sacked before Christmas, goes to one of our bottom half rivals and makes them better than us. 

• Like 2

The problem is we’ve got players out of contract who may not be wanted by the new man in charge. Vestergaard for example would only be worthwhile extending his stay here if he was playing under Enzo and now what? 

The club need to pull the trigger fast on a new manager because otherwise it severely affects preparations for next season and that’s the last thing we need with a points deduction looming. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I think we should be forward thinking and innovative. How about we let the players manage themselves. Cheap, no money needed and the players can be blamed and sacked and/or fined, thus saving money? Also asking for subs and lifts. 

Works for Sunday league...ish

Edited by fox_favourite