Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Managing us this season is a tougher job than managing Chelsea. 

The best we can hope for would have been scrapping survival imo. That isn't getting you the biggest jobs in football. 

I disagree, he’s just got a Premier League side promoted from a league they should never have been in. 

That’s got him one of the top (10?) jobs in world football, so keeping us up, despite a points handicap, would only improve on that

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Everyone's favourite journalist confirming he's gone

High tempo, high pressure lol. Not sure he ever watched us play did he?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Managing us this season is a tougher job than managing Chelsea. 

The best we can hope for would have been scrapping survival imo. That isn't getting you the biggest jobs in football. 

Hmmm tougher job here, yes.

More pressure? Expectation (despite how often the word entitled gets thrown about on here)? Nope.

He arguably cracked and threw his toys out the pram under the slightest pressure last season.

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Everyone's favourite journalist confirming he's gone

Well, he confirms it’s the opportunity to be part of the elite where Enzo feels he belongs that led him to leave rather than FFP, comms issues being ‘key factors’ etc. 

So contradictory, you can tell he still thinks Chelsea is a basket case of a club as he references Poch’s experience (and said as much on the Euro Leagues podcast) but his boy has decided to move there so he needs to back him up. He even says he’ll get stability at Chelsea 😂

• Like 1

Fair play to him. He’s come in, done the job asked of him, started the squad reshaping, restored belief and left for a job a large proportion of managers would like.

Would his style have worked for us in the Prem? Could any decent manager have gotten us up with our squad? Could we have kept him if we weren’t in a PSR hole? We’ll never know.

Thanks for the promotion, best wishes, now for us it’s onto the next chapter. Let’s hope we appoint with wisdom and vision.

Looking forward to seeing their fans reaction after throwing away a 2 goal lead at Brentford, for Enzo to say 'I was clear from day one, as soon as there is doubt, I leave.' Got away with it here, but he won't there.

As I've previously said, I think he'll get top 4 with them next year, but I personally feel that's where they were getting to anyway. They've picked up form, got a large young squad and plenty of teams around them in transition (liverpool) and/or generally quite poor in depth (United etc). 

I really think they'd have gotten it without changing managers though, so for me, he needs to win a trophy, probably the conference league, to measure success. Top 3, within 12 points of first would be impressive too taking in to account their recent years.

I just hope it don't affect our team too much. I know managers come and go, but this lot generally seemed to buy in to his style and enjoyed playing it. 

• Like 1

5 years doesn’t really mean a lot, it’s the termination clause that determines the level of compo payable if he is sacked. So it could be a 5 year deal but only a 12 month severance payment and could also be linked to achieving or not achieving certain performance objectives. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What were you watching?

Most games where we didn't do that? You don't have 70% possession playing high tempo football, it doesn't work. The idea is patience above all and then you kick into gear when possible. That's the whole possession philosophy?

As for defensively, one of the most frustrating aspects was that we did neither consistently. Games like Southampton, the counter pressing was fantastic and there were other occasions but for the majority of the second half of the season we dropped right off but not in the way we did in our title winning season (where we still counter pressed, then went deep), we just seemed in no mans land. Neither deep, nor aggressive. You'd get 1 player pressing on their own and not very effectively. We were far too passive if the plan was to defend our box at all costs and go from there.

Not a stick to beat Enzo with as the results clearly show it worked but it's just a horrible misconception about our style of play. Or at least for the second half of the season where the good work on style of play evaporated.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Chelsea fans gonna love this ****. 

Guillem's probably already excitedly planning a 'Meet Enzo' event at some upmarket London restaurant, tickets starting at £500, might even sell out this time given the size of Chelsea's fan base.

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Most games where we didn't do that? You don't have 70% possession playing high tempo football, it doesn't work. The idea is patience above all and then you kick into gear when possible. That's the whole possession philosophy?

As for defensively, one of the most frustrating aspects was that we did neither consistently. Games like Southampton, the counter pressing was fantastic and there were other occasions but for the majority of the second half of the season we dropped right off but not in the way we did in our title winning season (where we still counter pressed, then went deep), we just seemed in no mans land. Neither deep, nor aggressive. You'd get 1 player pressing on their own and not very effectively. We were far too passive if the plan was to defend our box at all costs and go from there.

Not a stick to beat Enzo with as the results clearly show it worked but it's just a horrible misconception about our style of play. Or at least for the second half of the season where the good work on style of play evaporated.

He's obviously talking about out of possession being at a high tempo. We press teams to death.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Tweet from Guilam didn't last long.....saying post deleted on my Twitter now...soglad we are rid of that melt aswell

What did it say?

Just now, AKCJ said:

He's obviously talking about out of possession being at a high tempo. We press teams to death.

No we don't. Even our recent teams were much more aggressive that this one last season. It was horrificly inconsistent. Sometimes a high press, other times not. It certainly wouldn't be a hallmark of this team.

And he's not obviously talking about that because he says high tempo and high pressure as though they are 2 separate things, 1 often used for attacking play and 1 for defensive. So he's talking s****

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

Guillem's probably already excitedly planning a 'Meet Enzo' event at some upmarket London restaurant, tickets starting at £500, might even sell out this time given the size of Chelsea's fan base.

It won't matter how upmarket the restaurant. Balague won't notice it as he spends most of the time noshing under the table!

• Haha 1

I am actually kinda pleased for him. Not for the job he's walking in to but to land that kind of money so early in his management career is like winning the lottery. He did his job here 

Just now, Tuna said:

What did it say?

well it went for 6 minutes and 3 seconds...but much like watching Maresca's Leicester... i stopped watching after 1

that 1 he said hes gone

Falling Asleep GIFs | GIFDB.com

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

No we don't. Even our recent teams were much more aggressive that this one last season. It was horrificly inconsistent. Sometimes a high press, other times not. It certainly wouldn't be a hallmark of this team.

And he's not obviously talking about that because he says high tempo and high pressure as though they are 2 separate things, 1 often used for attacking play and 1 for defensive. So he's talking s****

I don't know what to tell you mate lol All the stats prove that Enzo coached a high pressing, high tempo team.

His tactics got him over the line with the best team in the championship, but when you realise he lost nearly 25% of the matches played, it shows that when the tactics don't work, they really don't work. Ipswich lost 6 and Burnley lost 3. No team has won the league and lost as many as we did in the past 10 years. 

I'm slightly disappointed he's leaving as I'd like to have seen Enzo ball in the prem, but I'm not really that devastated as I think quite a few of the managers we've been linked to this week could have done the same and lost less games. 

• Like 2