Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

At that kind of money, fair play. Think Chelsea are slightly nuts, mind. Cheers for Preston away and a good promotion campaign but we move on. No guarantees he'd have kept us up anyway.

Very desperate, more like.

They really need to find on-pitch success for the sake of their finances.

Edited by Wymsey

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Am predicting he'll be gone on October 30th..

I think he will do well actually. Think he will have them top 4. He has a way of getting players to buy into what he wants. 

But I don’t think the fans will like it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

5 years:schlupp:

If he stays his full term he will be the longest continually serving Chelsea manager since Dave Sexton who was there 03/10/67 to 03/10/74

Even Mourinho was only there for 3 years (first spell) and 2 years (second spell) 

• Like 1

Got us promoted… one full season in the championship is all we have to go on and yes he did a fine job with a side expected to go up. Whether he can do it at Chelsea is a complete unknown it is a risk for them and to give him a 5 year deal is just a huge surprise 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

The worse thing about this is that he will probably make Chelsea good again.

Lot of work to do now on our end

Hmmmmm.

Their fans are fuming….. so, one or two bad games he’s under massive pressure. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Got us promoted… one full season in the championship is all we have to go on and yes he did a fine job with a side expected to go up. Whether he can do it at Chelsea is a complete unknown it is a risk for them and to give him a 5 year deal is just a huge surprise 

I wouldn't be surprised if he still there in 3 years. 

Posted (edited)

Not really an opportunity he can turn down, and even if it goes wrong at Chelsea it won't really dent his standing too much given how much of a basket case they have been. 

Would like to have seen how we fared under him at the highest level even if most of us felt it might be a bit of a disaster given his football philosophy and lack of finance to make that work at premier league level.

Overall I liked Enzo, he did a good job righting the ship, reconnecting the club with it's fans and took, in my opinion unfair stick from certain fans who conflated our squad quality with it's cost. Having said that, i don't think losing him as manager is catastrophic,  I just don't trust the board to get the next appointment right.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he still there in 3 years. 

I would, this is Chelsea we are talking about, hardly known for sticking with managers even if they do a decent job. Let’s face it no one actually knows what Enzo can do there isn’t any previous to go on. Regardless he has done well for himself to get such a big contract at a big club 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Not really an opportunity he can turn down, and even if it goes wrong at Chelsea it won't really dent his standing too much given how much of a basket case they have been. 

Would like to have seen how we fared under him at the highest level even if most of us felt it might be a bit of a disaster. I liked Enzo and he has taken a lot of stick from certain fans who conflated our squad quality with it's cost, but I don't think losing him as manager is catastrophic, but I don't trust the board to get the next appointment right.

To be fair to Rudkin and the board we do usually get it right when it comes to managers although not sacking Rodgers earlier was a big mistake of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

We gave him his first gig in England. A platform to progress and build a managers career. I don't wish him good luck at all. He dropped his knickers quicker than a hooker on Black Friday. Ta ra baldy!!!

Given the current state of the club, and the offer on the table he would’ve been mad not to 

"Dear Tifo's R Us, I need to cancel my order for WE'D GO TO THE ENZO THE EARTH FOR YOU and Baldy beardy chap picture.........already printed you say? Bill F*****g Chelsea then". Sorted. Move on.