Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Really unusual to lose your manager to Chelsea, having just won the Championship, and feel that Chelsea are the ones getting the raw deal.

Some of the comments are over to the top, and arguably a bit disrespectful to his achievements here but that said, I have no disappointment feelings about him going.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MPH said:

They'll qualify for the champions league and so many people will have egg on their faces.  remember this post and feel free to remind me about it if im wrong.

He really isn't all that, and I doubt he will finish Champions League, but he moves at a time when Klopp has just left and Manchester United are in a bit of a mess. Probably best time to join for him, best change he and Chelsea have in a long time.

A couple of dropped points and their fans will be on his back. 

Edited by Fox92

15 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

5 years:schlupp:

i love the fact his has an option to extend it to a 6 year deal :D :D :D

They have had 5 managers in the past 6 years! 

• Haha 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Given the current state of the club, and the offer on the table he would’ve been mad not to 

Neither Ipswich or Saints will have it easy. Getting promoted and kicking on is a real challenge. But I still don't feel that legitimises running off at the first opportunity. It seems the much coveted Ipswich manager is staying where he is. 

Win Win for both parties. He wouldn't have got what he wanted here from a recruitment standpoint if he had stayed and probably jumped at any job should it have came up during the season, which would have caused more upheaval than this with still near on 3 months to the start of the season. He gets a massive contract where if he is booted early gets a mighty pay off.

Another positive for us other than the 10 million release clause in the bank balance (finally Rudkin has done something sensible) is that he is going there as head coach with limited say on transfer activities, so he's unlikely to come back and raid us on the cheap for any of our assets, Hermansen in particular would be a perfect fit for his team at Chelsea as their keepers aren't up to much.

Dunno what reception he will get if he is still in charge by the time we play Chelsea at home, he delivered the bare minimum given the squad we had, but equally would probably still be here had Top, Rudkin and Whelan hadn't sold him a lie when he first joined about the absolute state of the FFP mess we're in.

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Neither Ipswich or Saints will have it easy. Getting promoted and kicking on is a real challenge. But I still don't feel that legitimises running off at the first opportunity. It seems the much coveted Ipswich manager is staying where he is. 

Do they face point deductions?

spending limited?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He really isn't all that, and I doubt he will finish Champions League, but he moves at a time when Klopp has just left and Manchester United are in a bit of a mess. Probably best time to join for him, best change he and Chelsea have in a long time.

I think you are under valuing what he is capable of, especially with a squad like Chelsea have.

He will also be able to bring in anyone he wants pretty much

Edited by whoareyaaa

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think you are under valuing what he is capable of, especially with a squad like Chelsea have

I don’t have no clue what he is capable of, there is absolutely nothing to go on in terms of managing such a club only the one season with us. At times last season he got done by lesser teams and managers and didn’t make the right changes at the right time… so yeah he did well but nothing special 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

He'll have the money to get the players in he needs. . he'll organize them well and will make them difficult to beat. He did very well  at putting square pegs in round holes at Leicester and the average player will have a higher technical ability than what we have. so he is going to be a success. im sure of it. and so many will have egg on their faces.,

I'm not angry at him or Chelsea for this, im angry with how  our financial handlings have allowed this situation to develop. I'm angry at the board.

• Like 1

The right outcome overall in my opinion. 

I do think he would have really struggled with us next season, he is a great coach, did a fantastic job last season, but ultimately his shortcomings would have been a major weakness for us. 

Thanks for everything, and enjoy the toxic environment that is Chelsea football club. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Fvck the good luck. Hope he fails. Will be back as Pep's number two within the next decade.

Won't need to be on that contract. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I don’t have no clue what he is capable of, there is absolutely nothing to go on. At times last season he got done by lesser teams and managers and didn’t make the right changes at the right time… so yeah he did well but nothing special 

There is a full season to go off, the style he implements and the way he gets the players playing for him.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think you are under valuing what he is capable of, especially with a squad like Chelsea have

Pochettino is a better manager and, with the same squad, only finished 6th.

On the flip side I think you are over rating Enzo. I have said that all season and stand by it now. He did what he needed to do here, but with our budget/facilies/squad any half decent manager would have achieved the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Can't see a future at Chelsea for Ben Chilwell under Enzo. 

was thinking the same. He if he has anything about himself will be looking for a move ASAP as he does not fit into his style one bit. 

Forfana on the other hand if they get him fit and firing could thrive. 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Do they face point deductions?

spending limited?

No idea. We will see shortly what out situation is. Then people can make an informed decision on whether Enzo's actions were reasonable given the context. Im not blind to the fact that loyalty only goes so far. But one season 🤔🤔