Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Just now, Fox92 said:

Pochettino is a better manager and, with the same squad, only finished 6th.

On the flip side I think you are over rating Enzo. I have said that all season and stand by it now. He did what he needed to do here, but with our budget/facilies/squad any half decent manager would have achieved the same.

We will have to agree to disagree.

I'll come back at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

He'll have the money to get the players in he needs. . he'll organize them well and will make them difficult to beat. He did very well  at putting square pegs in round holes at Leicester and the average player will have a higher technical ability than what we have. so he is going to be a success. im sure of it. and so many will have egg on their faces.,

I'm not angry at him or Chelsea for this, im angry with how  our financial handlings have allowed this situation to develop. I'm angry at the board.

Football is not as easy as a manager managing better players so will be successful. If that was the case then all managers that move to a bigger club would succeed, but they don't.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Football is not as easy as a manager managing better players so will be successful. If that was the case then all managers that move to a bigger club would succeed, but they don't.

His attention to detail, studious nature and  the type of tactics he prefers will suite the chelsea squad very well. to think he will likely improve that team too, could make things very intresting

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

And yeah at times last season we looked lost 

I don't think so every team has a blip, we won the league.

He now has a much better and bigger squad with teams in transition.. no reason he can't get top four

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

The worse thing about this is that he will probably make Chelsea good again.

Lot of work to do now on our end

Maybe...

But then again more experienced managers with more success on their CV's haven't cut it at Chelsea. 

Going to a Dirty 6 club, especially Chelsea, brings a whole new level of pressure and expectance on a manager, and only time will tell if their board (and fans) will cut him some slack when he goes full 'stubborn mode' when things aren't going so well.

I wonder also if he'll come out with the same arrogant.. "This is the way Chelsea play, whilst I'm here, and I'll throw my toys out of the pram and leave the next day if questioned" quote.

Enjoy going to sleep at matches with EnzoBall Chelsea fans.. You' re going too love it.. 

• Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

There is a full season to go off, the style he implements and the way he gets the players playing for him.

He got our players to go all in on his style and on its day worked so well, i honestly wish him all the best but you look at that Chelsea squad and it is so unbalanced. 

Chelsea dont seem to care about FFP etc. so he will probably get money to spend but at some point he has to control some massive ego's that are not going to get a look in. 

Poch came out on record slating the state of the players entourages and how they were more interested in that than playing football, pretty sure all of these players are still about. 

For Enzo to get to Pep levels (which Chelsea board and fans will now expect) he has a massive job on his hands. He gets it wrong and they will sack him. Time isnt going to be on his side, they need results. 

Look at the penalty fiasco last season, it was embarrassing, he has to sort the culture out first which if someone like Poch couldn't do i dont see how someone with little experience does, especially when he is likely to have zero input on player sales or incomings.  

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

No idea. We will see shortly what out situation is. Then people can make an informed decision on whether Enzo's actions were reasonable given the context. Im not blind to the fact that loyalty only goes so far. But one season 🤔🤔

No Ipswich and Southampton are not currently facing points deductions, is the answer so it’s not really comparable with McKennas situation and as you suggested he was much coveted and is staying where he is, that might be also down to the fact he was reportedly told he wasn’t selected for the job. 

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Getting rid of Enzo's pet dog Balague has to be one of the greatest silver linings in the history of clouds. 

Agreed.

He got too much involved over Maresca, and seems like moving into English football has built up his ego too much really.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

He got our players to go all in on his style and on its day worked so well, i honestly wish him all the best but you look at that Chelsea squad and it is so unbalanced. 

Chelsea dont seem to care about FFP etc. so he will probably get money to spend but at some point he has to control some massive ego's that are not going to get a look in. 

Poch came out on record slating the state of the players entourages and how they were more interested in that than playing football, pretty sure all of these players are still about. 

For Enzo to get to Pep levels (which Chelsea board and fans will now expect) he has a massive job on his hands. He gets it wrong and they will sack him. Time isnt going to be on his side, they need results. 

Look at the penalty fiasco last season, it was embarrassing, he has to sort the culture out first which if someone like Poch couldn't do i dont see how someone with little experience does, especially when he is likely to have zero input on player sales or incomings.  

I would say that's one of his biggest assets getting the players on board and then implementing that style while being able to sign players to fit that style, I don't see how it can go wrong.

Chelsea have been a mess yes and Poch is a more experienced manager but Enzo has an aurora about him that Poch doesn't.

Just now, kingfox said:

Looking forward to seeing him get the sack, after we beat them 1-0 at Stamford Bridge thanks to a Vestergaard overhead kick. 

And a Coady masterclass in defence.. I'd imagine Connor fancies his chances of impressing a new manager 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't think so every team has a blip, we won the league.

He now has a much better and bigger squad with teams in transition.. no reason he can't get top four

He is also up against much better teams and managers. At a level he hasn’t managed at before, with such high expectations the job isn’t as straight forward as having great players so top 4 nailed on lol he will find his plan A working far less at such a higher level and need to adapt accordingly 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, Simonb said:

And a Coady masterclass in defence.. I'd imagine Connor fancies his chances of impressing a new manager 

A back three of Coady - Vestergaard - Souttar grinding out a 1-0 victory at Stamford Bridge 💉

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Getting rid of Enzo's pet dog Balague has to be one of the greatest silver linings in the history of clouds. 

Actually more interested to watch Balague now fumble his way through the sh1t show that is Chelsea. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He is also up against much better teams and managers. At a level he hasn’t managed at before, with such high expectations the job isn’t as straight forward as having great players so top 4 nailed on lol 

Yes he is but he also has much better players available, I don't think it matters if he has managed at this level before he spent a full season in the Championship ( the hardest league in the world lol )and was Peps assistant for a season so he will know what to expect. 

It's not like he has just came from abroad and has no idea how English football works.

Edited by whoareyaaa

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Hurt more when Little and O'Neill left.

Very much agree. Those two built a connection with the fans.

I think there is a bit of an overreaction to Enzo leaving and some unnecessary hate. He came in and did the job he was asked to do, and gave us some good times and memories. That Preston away game will go down as a great experience. At the same time, he wasn't hear for that long and didn't overperform or achieve miracles. I'd add Ranieri to that list, even though he had to go, and Pearson who was unlucky to go and did great things for us.

Enzo leaving definitely hurts more than Rodgers going though! lol

• Like 4