Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Very much agree. Those two built a connection with the fans.

I think there is a bit of an overreaction to Enzo leaving and some unnecessary hate. He came in and did the job he was asked to do, and gave us some good times and memories. That Preston away game will go down as a great experience. At the same time, he wasn't hear for that long and didn't overperform or achieve miracles. I'd add Ranieri to that list, even though he had to go, and Pearson who was unlucky to go and did great things for us.

Enzo leaving definitely hurts more than Rodgers going though! lol

Rodgers coming back is really going to hurt then...

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yes he is but he also has much better players available, I don't think it matters if he has managed at this level before he spent a full season in the Championship ( the hardest league in the world lol )and was Peps assistant for a season so he will know what to expect. 

It's not like he has just came from abroad and has no idea how English football works.

It is quite different actually managing the side to being an assistant. He could do well, no guarantees there never is, but my god it is a big risk from Chelsea… just as it was for us when we appointed him. He is unknown, and I’m sure Chelsea aren’t going to just let him grow, he will need to get them firing from the off. Arteta had the needed time at Arsenal and was under pressure until he got it right, Chelsea aren’t going to give him the same opportunities 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Got to laugh ain’t ya.. 

As if getting promoted to the hardest league in the world with the Points Deduction/FFP/Still employing Jon Rudkin handicaps wasn’t enough, now we need a new manager (who’ll have to completely overhaul the style of play, again). 

Leicester City FC 🦊😍

• Haha 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

5 years pay when he gets sacked. Crazy deal, but fair play to his team for negotiating.  Even if you get top 4 at Chelsea you get the sack. No way the ever see a 5 year deal out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Chelsea talks with Maresca progressing well

Latest from Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

Chelsea's talks with Enzo Maresca are progressing well, with a club delegation currently in Marbella for meetings with the Leicester boss.

Maresca is excited about the prospect of becoming Chelsea head coach but wants to make sure everything is done in the right way and that Leicester receive the respect they deserve.

He is grateful to the Leicester owners for giving him the opportunity to manage the club and if he leaves, he wants to make sure he maintains good relations.

The details of any potential move still need to be agreed - compensation, personal terms, and the make-up of backroom staff who could move with Maresca.

The process is still likely to take a few days to be completed.

Notice the change in vocabulary here. 

All the way through this process it's been how Enzo is super keen to move, super keen to go to Chelsea. 

Now things are about sorted we're seeing bits around wanting to make sure Leicester are treated with respect, get the compensation they deserve etc 

PR masterclass from his group 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Can’t wait to be asset stripped to the bone this summer

Can't see that many of our players being better than what Chelsea already have, plus they're going to have to be careful of FFP

12 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Looking forward to seeing him get the sack, after we beat them 1-0 at Stamford Bridge thanks to a Vestergaard overhead kick. 

Your whole post was completely believable until you mentioned Vestergaards overhead.   😜

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The only potential reason Chelsea have taken this incredibly brave* move  in appointing Enzo is that they see something in the way he sets up the team, or how the operate they believe will suit them as a team now or in the future 

* other adjectives are available

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, L Blocker said:

Can't see that many of our players being better than what Chelsea already have, plus they're going to have to be careful of FFP

I don’t think I’m worried about Chelsea picking off our players this time 

• Like 2

While I do think that overall him leaving is bad for the football club, I find it hard to get too bothered about it. I guess it sort of mimics his football philosophy in that way, it was all very methodical and clinical, but just lacked emotional attachment to the fans. It might work for Chelsea, but from a football fan's point of view, having Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea all playing pretty much the same way isn't good for the league 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I don’t think I’m worried about Chelsea picking off our players this time 

Pretty sure they are chomping at the bit to get hold of Kasey Mcateer

• Haha 4

Big win for Maresca. He avoids the flexibility and pragmatism that managers of newly promoted teams need and if he ****s it he’s got a huge pay off and some Herbert in Europe will give him another job.

I don’t rate his chances, the Premier League is a higher standard tactically. Was found out repeatedly against the better teams and managers last  (Brendan-lite was the only one he really had on toast) - largely a flat track bully.

I just want a likeable person next tbh, our recent managers have either been pompous twats or extremely dour.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Chelsea will win the league next season.

Chelsea have a very exciting, but young squad. Can't blame any manager for wanting a crack at it but......

They are very young and lack any form of experience, particularly now Sliva has gone. They need a centre forward and a couple of decent and experienced defenders. They are almost certainly on the wrong side of FFP and although they're in a much better position than we are, they might find it very difficult to get the players they need. 

Enzo could very well be a dead man walking, Chelsea fans expect a lot, and his style of football might not work too well defensively with they players at his disposal (much like it would here next season if we continue with Vestergaard at the centre of our defense. 

His situation is different to McKenna, he should feel pretty safe at Ipswich regardless of how they get on next season, where as anywhere else he could be out the door by Xmas. Enzo could be out the door whether he's with us or at Chelsea, so can't blame him too much for taking the chance.

I enjoyed last season because of the results, not because of the football and there always seemed to be some tension between him and the fans, so let's see how his ego holds up in London. Not that fussed he's gone, more fussed that we have another new plan in place, and that it needs to be in place quickly. But we move on, and hopefully get the right guy in place, at least we're a bit more attractive than this time last year 

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

5 years pay when he gets sacked. Crazy deal, but fair play to his team for negotiating.  Even if you get top 4 at Chelsea you get the sack. No way the ever see a 5 year deal out!

Five year deal, my word. 

Show Me The Money GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I would say that's one of his biggest assets getting the players on board and then implementing that style while being able to sign players to fit that style, I don't see how it can go wrong.

Chelsea have been a mess yes and Poch is a more experienced manager but Enzo has an aurora about him that Poch doesn't.

I agree but he couldnt really get it wrong  our team. We were a broken mess when he took over. We had no direction what so ever and to be fair little amount of ego's left. The ones left i imagine all of their agents tried to get them out of the door but were either deemed not good enough by other teams or they were comfy sitting in the championship on a decent wage so for me that is easier to imbed than the absolute bin fire that he is about to inherit at Chelsea. Their team is like no where else,  on paper they probably have the best individual talent in the league but have under performed for the past 5 or 6 seasons and it has to be the utterly bonkers owner/s they had/have or the fact the players are just a bunch on individuals that only really care about themselves. 

For me if he gets it right they will challenge the top 3 (Liverpool are a bit of an unknown next season currently) but if he gets it wrong team he wont last and i think they have proved over the years they don't care about sacking someone on a big contract. 

I thank him for his time and wish him all the best but man he is going to need some luck along the way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

5 year deal, Christ. So what is the thinking behind that? They’re going to back him come hell or high water over the next few years, even if they have a few stinkers of a season? Doesn’t seem Chelsea’s M.O. When was the last time they offered a manager a 5 year deal?

Potter!