Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

5 years pay when he gets sacked. Crazy deal, but fair play to his team for negotiating.  Even if you get top 4 at Chelsea you get the sack. No way the ever see a 5 year deal out!

Saw that he’s only earning £100k/week

he’ll be by far the lowest earning big six coach 

the length of the deal  gives him some security for when he’s discarded and gives Chelsea the ability to increase his remuneration if he performs well.  It’s an indicator that they want the project with him to work and it’s long term but it doesn’t commit Chelsea to paying  a fortune if/when he gets sacked.  
clubs v rarely end up paying off a manager’s contract unless they never take a new job.  (Unless you’re Lcfc ) 

Edited by st albans fox

It's not completely out of the question that he goes to Chelsea and does well. In an ideal world he has some great ideas and better players make it work. I've enjoyed Fatawu, Mavididi and KDH but he's not got the likes of Palmer to work with.

Don't think they really have the Winks role covered, Enzo would wish they still had Jorginho for that role.

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

5 year deal, Christ. So what is the thinking behind that? They’re going to back him come hell or high water over the next few years, even if they have a few stinkers of a season? Doesn’t seem Chelsea’s M.O. When was the last time they offered a manager a 5 year deal?

They havent. Ever! not even with some of their greats. 

Maybe we have dodged a bullet as i imagine we would have tried to match his offer in some form. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

5 year deal, Christ. So what is the thinking behind that? They’re going to back him come hell or high water over the next few years, even if they have a few stinkers of a season? Doesn’t seem Chelsea’s M.O. When was the last time they offered a manager a 5 year deal?

No chance they actually let a manager have time and grow the team. Chelsea are about instant success… if you are t getting that you are out. Sometimes you could have done a good job there and still get sacked. It’s a poison chalice, and potter hasn’t found it easy since getting the chop 

Not sad at all 

Good luck to him 

To be honest I like many others wanted him gone when he was destroying our run in 

He isn't a manager for a relegation scrap and that's what we need now 

David Moyes will do for me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

No chance they actually let a manager have time and grow the team. Chelsea are about instant success… if you are t getting that you are out. Sometimes you could have done a good job there and still get sacked. It’s a poison chalice, and potter hasn’t found it easy since getting the chop 

That’s why I’m trying to work out what makes sense with the 5 year deal?

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Saw that he’s only earning £100k/week

he’ll be by far the lowest earning big six coach 

the length of the deal  gives him some security for when he’s discarded and gives Chelsea the ability to increase his remuneration if he performs well.  It’s an indicator that they want the project with him to work and it’s long term but it doesn’t commit Chelsea to paying  a fortune if/when he gets sacked.  
clubs v rarely end up paying off a manager’s contract unless they never take a new job.  (Unless you’re Lcfc ) 

If you were his agent why would you agree to be paid lower than the last 3 Chelsea managers and the same as Sean Dyche?

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

That’s why I’m trying to work out what makes sense with the 5 year deal?

MAYBE it's so they can divide the wages over a longer period of time. They are Amortisation FC after all.

• Like 1

Asking Chelsea to show respect :giggle:. The club that encourage under contract players to phone in to their clubs sick and meet them for talks instead of training. The club who turned up for a Cup Final against us in Chavy shell suits as if they were hanging out at a shopping centre for the afternoon. The club who targeted Ricardo's knee in order to provoke a ruck close enough to the bench to get to substitute Amartey (who OK was a little disrespectful to them a few days earlier). The club who cynically took out De-Bruyne in the Champions League Final, the club who....................................................etc

• Thanks 1

Good luck to him. He’s a good manager when his teams are playing well. He struggles with changing outcomes of games, where things aren’t going to plan. We just need to look at the use of substitutions. Granted he will better player and a larger squad to play with, but i don’t see him taking a calculated/ necessary risk to win a game!

Just now, fazzyfox said:

Asking Chelsea to show respect :giggle:. The club that encourage under contract players to phone in to their clubs sick and meet them for talks instead of training. The club who turned up for a Cup Final against us in Chavy shell suits as if they were hanging out at a shopping centre for the afternoon. The club who targeted Ricardo's knee in order to provoke a ruck close enough to the bench to get to substitute Amartey (who OK was a little disrespectful to them a few days earlier). The club who cynically took out De-Bruyne in the Champions League Final, the club who....................................................etc

Vile club with absolutely no class

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, MPH said:

They'll qualify for the champions league and so many people will have egg on their faces.  remember this post and feel free to remind me about it if im wrong.

Not sure why people would have egg in their faces. Villa finished 4th this season so he’s not got to beat a lot.

If he does well at Chelsea it doesn’t change the fact that he’d struggle to implement his style of football with inferior players relative to the division.

I’m not confident he’d have kept us up, but having better players does tend to make you look a better manager.

Still, he did the job here and I’ve nothing against him.

• Like 3