Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Anyone noticed the delusions of WBA fans yet who can’t even fathom how Corberan moving to us would be a step up in his career? 

🤣🤣🤣

All things being equal it would be a step up. But in the current situation there is an argument to be made that he has more chance of being a PL manager in 2025/26 with WBA than with us.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, pkonline said:

You think with some of the comments, Enzo is going to rip up bits of Seagrave like the wallpaper and turf and take it with him to Chelsea.

Managers come and go. It's football.

With a bit of luck, he's bull doze Seagrave.

Edited by adejo92

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

All things being equal it would be a step up. But in the current situation there is an argument to be made that he has more chance of being a PL manager in 2025/26 with WBA than with us.

If he has that attitude than I wouldn’t want I manager that doesn’t believe they could keep us up anyway 

12 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

This is Chelsea, I’m not saying it will happen but it isn’t silly to think it would that is for sure. Chelsea aren’t the most patient 

Fair point.

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If he has that attitude than I wouldn’t want I manager that doesn’t believe they could keep us up anyway 

Rightly or wrongly, the pending points deduction is going to put some potential managers off. It probably put Enzo off staying. Managers want certainty. We don't even know how many points we'll be deducted yet, and won't for some time. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we are forced to gamble on a manager that is currently out of work, is desperate to get back into management, and therefore has nothing to lose.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Rightly or wrongly, the pending points deduction is going to put some potential managers off. It probably put Enzo off staying. Managers want certainty. We don't even know how many points we'll be deducted yet, and won't for some time. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we are forced to gamble on a manager that is currently out of work, is desperate to get back into management, and therefore has nothing to lose.

Enter Rafa Benitez.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Enter Rafa Benitez.

After listening to a few stories about him I wouldn’t want him anywhere near us. Sounds like a horrendous man manager.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

once the ' Here we go' is on record, its as good as official.

Not where rudkins involved it's not, there were here you go's over sensi rudkin has the ability to mess up any deal at any moment of time

But yes it Is probably done

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

If you were his agent why would you agree to be paid lower than the last 3 Chelsea managers and the same as Sean Dyche?

He really wants the job

he knows that he hasn’t done his time to get this post 

a five year deal effectively guarantees him £25m over that period 

Chelsea don’t want to be committing to more than that - they know it’s a risk

They also know he isn’t likely to stay out of work once they sack him so they won’t have to pay that sum out. 

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I hope he gets a good reception. While I didn't find his 'idea' even remotely entertaining, I understood that getting promoted by any means was imperative to the club's immediate future. In that respect he delivered. He left the club in a better place than he found it and that's all you can ask of any manager really.

Whilst I appreciate he did his job and got us back up and I would have liked him to stay he won't get a good reception from me not a bad one either just a nothing. He hasn't earnt a good reception. If he had stayed built on what he had started and delivered us success then yes but leaving at a time we need stability when we gave him his first opportunity as a manager in English football leaves a sour taste

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Saw that he’s only earning £100k/week

he’ll be by far the lowest earning big six coach 

the length of the deal  gives him some security for when he’s discarded and gives Chelsea the ability to increase his remuneration if he performs well.  It’s an indicator that they want the project with him to work and it’s long term but it doesn’t commit Chelsea to paying  a fortune if/when he gets sacked.  
clubs v rarely end up paying off a manager’s contract unless they never take a new job.  (Unless you’re Lcfc ) 

Only?

I'd show my bum hole on East Midlands Today every night for 100k a week.

( there's probably some bonuses for certain targets, i'd imagine.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Whilst I appreciate he did his job and got us back up and I would have liked him to stay he won't get a good reception from me not a bad one either just a nothing. He hasn't earnt a good reception. If he had stayed built on what he had started and delivered us success then yes but leaving at a time we need stability when we gave him his first opportunity as a manager in English football leaves a sour taste

Agreed. Pretty standard for former players to get booed (maybe after a polite initial applause). Nothing personal, that’s just how it goes. 

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Only?

I'd show my bum hole on East Midlands Today every night for 100k a week.

( there's probably some bonuses for certain targets, i'd imagine.)

I think we can do a whip around to match that number for you not to show your hole. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

I think we can do a whip around to match that number for you not to show your hole. lol

I can do a great goldfish impression..

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I probably should have said, "I hope he doesn't get a bad reception.". I don't think he deserves any booing.

It's fine if you and others don't want to react to him at all. I get that.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

I honestly think they're sensing a shift in how manager hirings work. They're just going to keep a ton of managers on gardening leave so that if any other club wants to come get them, they have to pay a fee. They'll snatch up managerial talent like they do youth talent.

Just what I was thinking 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

They'll qualify for the champions league and so many people will have egg on their faces.  remember this post and feel free to remind me about it if im wrong.

Spurs qualified quite a few times for CL campaigns and were still pretty shit. 

Initially,  top 4 might satisfy the Chelsea board but any drop in levels and he's toast.

Although he'll be able to afford caviar on his😄

Tbh He might do OK but he'll be up against some big hitters and his way of playing,  even with much better players, will still cause some calamitous moments, which he'll be heavily scrutinised under the ever watchful media.

He's had a fairly easy ride so far but things will be different for him from now on. 

Feel free to remind me about it , if I'm wrong👍😄

2 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Spurs qualified quite a few times for CL campaigns and were still pretty shit. 

Initially,  top 4 might satisfy the Chelsea board but any drop in levels and he's toast.

Although he'll be able to afford caviar on his😄

Tbh He might do OK but he'll be up against some big hitters and his way of playing,  even with much better players, will still cause some calamitous moments, which he'll be heavily scrutinised under the ever watchful media.

He's had a fairly easy ride so far but things will be different for him from now on. 

Feel free to remind me about it , if I'm wrong👍😄

Anyone who can turn Ndidi into a dynamic attacking Midfielder gets my attention if im being honest! :D

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We have to rebuild the whole backroom training team. We are back to square one and have lost all continuity with the group that got us promoted. Its the reverse of last season.

Dont panic mr mainwaring 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Dont panic mr mainwaring 

Not panicking. Just saying as it is. One of the best things about coming top and getting promoted as we did is the confidence it carries over to the next season. We've lost all that.