Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

He's still unproven and his record last season was mixed when the level of football was poor for the most part.  Huge risk in leaving imo, if he repeats his failures there, he will be looking to get back with Pep before Christmas.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Not panicking. Just saying as it is. One of the best things about coming top and getting promoted as we did is the confidence it carries over to the next season. We've lost all that.

We scraped the league especially in the period after Christmas, chucked in some really stinking performances, bad substitutions or none at all, not adaptability or Plan B. 

It's not all doom and gloom, we should of walked last season with the squad we had and the competition around us - doesn't make Enzo special. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I like the way it’s a 5 year contract with an option of another year when in reality he isn’t likely to make it to 2 years 

How many managers have lasted 1 year since Boehly took over?

Surely sacking is the understood end game with this appointment? It's just a matter of how.

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

How many managers have lasted 1 year since Boehly took over?

Surely sacking is the understood end game with this appointment? It's just a matter of how.

Pretty mad ain’t it has any one lasted more than 1 season with him in charge? I don’t get why you just don’t offer managers 1 year with an option if you are doing well can’t see how offering 5 years to any one is a good idea 

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Just list all the cliches if it makes you feel better. We didn't scrape anything, and even with an on the beach performance on the last day we were 7 points (plus goal difference) points clear of the playoffs. The Championship is a grind, as all the teams in the top 6 found out as everyone stopped winning every week. It was proven that clear heads and not panicking was needed. 97 points, and people behave like we scraped through the playoffs after coming 6th.

Lots of this good work has been lost now. The next appointment is key. In the grand scheme of things our manager (and his team) has now been elevated to a top 6 position, and we are unsure if we can even hire for Championship managers who didn't cut it in the playoffs.  Its not doom and gloom, but in my opinion we are in a far worse position than we were 2 weeks ago.

Yes but we had the best championship squad in the history of the game and if Enzo was any good and tactically knew what he was doing we would have won every game 3-0 without conceding all season.😂😂😂

My unborn child could have got that squad promoted, he's a ****ing fraud.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Not panicking. Just saying as it is. One of the best things about coming top and getting promoted as we did is the confidence it carries over to the next season. We've lost all that.

Exactly. 

That momentum could have been worth 10 points. It’s so typical of us to squander any advantage 

• Like 3

Notice how once again the PR machine from Chelsea in full action about the 'long term' etc after 2 or so managers having lasted less than a year or year and a half each. 

Wouldn't shock me if Enzo's contract has clauses for easy removal rather than it being a flat out 5 year contract 

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Exactly. 

That momentum could have been worth 10 points. It’s so typical of us to squander any advantage 

We didn't really have any momentum. We got cleanly despatched by a basic low block counter attack team for about the 8th time that season. I 100% guarantee if we set up to low block counter attack against Chelsea next season we win, it's so basic! 

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We didn't really have any momentum. We got cleanly despatched by a basic low block counter attack team for about the 8th time that season. I 100% guarantee if we set up to low block counter attack against Chelsea next season we win, it's so basic! 

Nonsense. We got results against decent West Brom and Norwich sides, spanked the play off winners 5 nil and dispatched Preston with half the players still pi55ed. Lots of momentum there.

Love your take that just going low block wins us games like Chelsea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

We scraped the league especially in the period after Christmas, chucked in some really stinking performances, bad substitutions or none at all, not adaptability or Plan B. 

It's not all doom and gloom, we should of walked last season with the squad we had and the competition around us - doesn't make Enzo special. 

Managed to lose 11 games against some absolute dross!..

.. the guy's a genius 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Managed to lose 11 games against some absolute dross!..

.. the guy's a genius 😂

Bodes well for us when we face them next season at least!

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Love your take that just going low block wins us games like Chelsea. 

It does with Maresca in charge. Every single team that employed that tactic last year beat us. Hull, Boro, Boro, Blackburn, Millwall, Plymouth, QPR, Bristol. It looked too easy for them all. 

Momentum is now made by a good preseason. We need now the right manager in and shrude additions. I wouldn't have minded Enzo staying, I actually felt his style was more likely to get results against mediocre prem clubs than in did in the Championship. But now we move on,  we will compete. 

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

I like the way it’s a 5 year contract with an option of another year when in reality he isn’t likely to make it to 2 years 

Did you mean 2 months?

15 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It does with Maresca in charge. Every single team that employed that tactic last year beat us. Hull, Boro, Boro, Blackburn, Millwall, Plymouth, QPR, Bristol. It looked too easy for them all. 

Momentum is now made by a good preseason. We need now the right manager in and shrude additions. I wouldn't have minded Enzo staying, I actually felt his style was more likely to get results against mediocre prem clubs than in did in the Championship. But now we move on,  we will compete. 

Just conveniently forget the teams we beat playing low block. And great to make out it’s some sort of problem only we face. Leeds suffered the same, and I saw Liverpool struggling at times with low block. Man U pretty much lowblocked the FA cup final.  

Agree preseason important. Need to be getting the team together yesterday and preparing right away. 

Even at the Q&A session earlier this year. He seemed genuinely uninterested and very cocky. Good riddance I say. Want someone here who wants to be here. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ryy said:

85th Fabrizio tweet 

Despite him being previously wrong about the length of contract, how likely is it that Romano is correct about €10m being the correct currency and for Maresca only (with compensation for the staff seemingly separate)?

4 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Despite him being previously wrong about the length of contract, how likely is it that Romano is correct about €10m being the correct currency and for Maresca only (with compensation for the staff seemingly separate)?

Let's hope we rinse the scumbags for every penny we can. 

• Like 1

Just a general comment. Players don't really give a shit about managerial, or player, transfers. 

They'll be fine. It's a selfish business is football. The likes of Winks, KDH, Vesty etc al, who've all benefitted under Enzo,  won't bat an eyelid.