Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

2 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

New Jacket…

IMG_0866.jpeg

W@nker. Let’s not forget we were on target to smash points records last season until Enzo couldn’t find plan B and persisted with Daka. We know how long it takes for Top to sack a manager, so this could actually save us.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Let's hope we rinse the scumbags for every penny we can. 

Reports pretty much say we will get 9-10 million for Maresca and his technical staff. 

Personally I think it is good business. I think the way Enzo plays requires a high level of technical ability and tactical understanding from all players. We will not have that in the premier league. I thought we would be similar to Burnley and play possession football but ultimately get relegated. For now, we need a manager who can keep us in the premier league and set us up to do so. Does not have to be an exciting name but someone who will get the best out of the players that we have. We still have a reasonable squad who are more than capable of finishing outside of the relegation places. 

We saw the consequences of keeping Rodgers for so long when he clearly did not want to be here, Enzo seemed to feel different post January transfer window, and ultimately we will be in a better position because of this. Frustrating now, but in the long run arguably better off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

Exactly. 

That momentum could have been worth 10 points. It’s so typical of us to squander any advantage 

How have we squandered any advantage? Like when Pearson left. Theres nothing to say Maresca would of been successful with us in the Prem, and even if we got a good start like Pearson did in 2014 doesnt dictate the whole season. I think its a blessing, if the board havent got a short list of 3/4 now tho thats where the worry lies. They will want a possession guy, those that think BR has blown 10 years of Infrastructure or whatever, I say look where Villa were 5 years ago and how quickly the two teams have swapped places. We need somebody with something to prove

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

W@nker. Let’s not forget we were on target to smash points records last season until Enzo couldn’t find plan B and persisted with Daka. We know how long it takes for Top to sack a manager, so this could actually save us.

Think it will.  I imagine it will be Corberan 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Just a general comment. Players don't really give a shit about managerial, or player, transfers. 

They'll be fine. It's a selfish business is football. The likes of Winks, KDH, Vesty etc al, who've all benefitted under Enzo,  won't bat an eyelid. 

True I think we will cope, just hope we appoint the right manager I have no idea who that would be though

This could actually be positive in the long run, a more pragmatic adaptive manager will give us a better fighting chance next season. Could be an issue for some players, they loved him 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Joefox said:

He hasn’t been here long enough for me to care tbh.

Feel the same, there's no real attachment there,  not really that bothered that he has gone unlike past managers that left rather than get pushed, just think it's perplexing  more than anything but it opens up some possibilities of milking Chelsea some more with back room staff and player sales :devil: 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Big Blue Maff said:

Chelsea fans saying he’ll be gone by Christmas 

While others are buzzing

The timeline last night was most fans noshing him off already

Edited by whoareyaaa

I'll miss him in the sense that he had a defined philosophy and approach that felt fresh to me (because I don't think we've ever had a manager like him). 

I worry we'll get Corboran, who looked tactically naive against us, but obviously will reserve judgement. 

I also worry that our fans aren't going to accept anyone that plays 'possession' football and we're going to need everyone behind the lads next season. 

4 minutes ago, Big Blue Maff said:

Chelsea fans saying he’ll be gone by Christmas 

What’s this obsession with Christmas. It’s as cliched as plan b. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Just a general comment. Players don't really give a shit about managerial, or player, transfers. 

They'll be fine. It's a selfish business is football. The likes of Winks, KDH, Vesty etc al, who've all benefitted under Enzo,  won't bat an eyelid. 

I'd bet a large sum the same players will claim the next manager is the best they've worked for aswell 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sbfox said:

I'll miss him in the sense that he had a defined philosophy and approach that felt fresh to me (because I don't think we've ever had a manager like him). 

I worry we'll get Corboran, who looked tactically naive against us, but obviously will reserve judgement. 

I also worry that our fans aren't going to accept anyone that plays 'possession' football and we're going to need everyone behind the lads next season. 

West Brom should’ve scored about 5 against us tbf 

Just now, Noahfence said:

West Brom should’ve scored about 5 against us tbf 

Yup. But then also conceded that horrific second goal (at home) against us when they sent everyone up and left us 3 on 1 in injury time, so... 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Yup. But then also conceded that horrific second goal (at home) against us when they sent everyone up and left us 3 on 1 in injury time, so... 

Rather lose 2-0 going for it than 1-0 pissing about tbf. 

I liked us under Enzo though. The people that hate him let's be honest are an ageing generation. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

49 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Even at the Q&A session earlier this year. He seemed genuinely uninterested and very cocky. Good riddance I say. Want someone here who wants to be here. 

He charged about 300 quid to have dinner with him and Guillem. Tone deaf.

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Rather lose 2-0 going for it than 1-0 pissing about tbf. 

I liked us under Enzo though. The people that hate him let's be honest are an ageing generation. 

It was 1-1 at the time. They had just scored a equaliser. 

• Like 1