Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Just a general comment. Players don't really give a shit about managerial, or player, transfers. 

They'll be fine. It's a selfish business is football. The likes of Winks, KDH, Vesty etc al, who've all benefitted under Enzo,  won't bat an eyelid. 

Yep.

The players that have had good seasons will carry their confidence and momentum into the next. The manager is irrelevant in that regard.

Loads of players have since said they were gutted when Pearson left before the 15/16 campaign. Yet the momentum clearly continued.

People worry too much. We have more chance of survival without Enzo. He will not (or can not) adapt when it matters. Great PR team though.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I can't remember which thread it was in, but some months back I made the point that you often remember players/managers for a single thing.    It might not be fair or representative of what they did; it's just something that sticks in your mind.

James Maddison was great for us, but I remember his hideous back pass at home to Bournemouth and saved penalty v Everton more than his goals.  I know that's not really fair, but it's just the way it is.   What you do near the end, is more likely to be remembered than most things earlier on.

And it's the same for Enzo.   Of all the things I'll remember about him, it's his post-match interview on Radio Leicester after we'd smashed Southampton 5-0.  By far the most pulsating/fantastic win of the season, and he wasn't really happy as we hadn't won it "his way".   That was the "thanks for all the fish" moment for me.   Byeeee!

I’ve got break up vibes

We had a good time for a year but long term I’m sorry it’s not going to work out. 
I think you may have found someone else and that’s ok because I never really liked you anyway. 
Its not you it’s me. 

ohh yeah and I’m looking forward to someone new too. 

8 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Getting rid of Enzo's pet dog Balague has to be one of the greatest silver linings in the history of clouds. 

Balague is like one of those characters in a movie who you think is your mate then half way through you realize he is the bad guy

Jjdm.gif

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

The worse thing about this is that he will probably make Chelsea good again.

Lot of work to do now on our end

Meh, even if he does it will be temporary, they are that bat shit crazy.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Perhaps no Euro football for Enzo next season...

When you think you’ve nabbed the job of a lifetime and can’t believe your luck and then realise it isn’t the job it’s always been.

Better manager than Poch?

Better than Potter?

Tuchel?

The answer needs to be yes to all of these or he's gone by xmas..

The answer is 99% no.

I'll take the payout any day.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Ruins the integrity of the sport if stuff like that is allowed to happen. When you're in a competition you play in it

In a way I would be glad if Chelsea opt to skip this BS competition.

39 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Ruins the integrity of the sport if stuff like that is allowed to happen. When you're in a competition you play in it

I’m struggling to remember when there was any integrity in football ….it’s been a while 

44 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

If these clubs want the rules changing to allow them to be in Europe if they have a bad season then they can get punished if they’re in it or not. 

Wonder if they told enzo that before he signed the contract. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I can't remember which thread it was in, but some months back I made the point that you often remember players/managers for a single thing.    It might not be fair or representative of what they did; it's just something that sticks in your mind.

James Maddison was great for us, but I remember his hideous back pass at home to Bournemouth and saved penalty v Everton more than his goals.  I know that's not really fair, but it's just the way it is.   What you do near the end, is more likely to be remembered than most things earlier on.

And it's the same for Enzo.   Of all the things I'll remember about him, it's his post-match interview on Radio Leicester after we'd smashed Southampton 5-0.  By far the most pulsating/fantastic win of the season, and he wasn't really happy as we hadn't won it "his way".   That was the "thanks for all the fish" moment for me.   Byeeee!

What did he *actually* say though? 

'I watched every Leicester home game - Here's why Chelsea fans won't like Maresca'
BY
CHRISTY MALYAN
PUBLISHED 5 HOURS AGO
The Foxes may have won the Championship but supporters aren't too disappointed to see him leave.

https://www.givemesport.com/leicester-chelsea-enzo-maresca-tactics-fans/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

'I watched every Leicester home game - Here's why Chelsea fans won't like Maresca'
BY
CHRISTY MALYAN
PUBLISHED 5 HOURS AGO
The Foxes may have won the Championship but supporters aren't too disappointed to see him leave.

https://www.givemesport.com/leicester-chelsea-enzo-maresca-tactics-fans/

Well written, interesting.

On another note.. how did this person manage to see every game when they only moved to the city in 2021?

I can’t see Enzo buying any of our players, but do you think he might come in for any of the out of contract players?

Ndidi and Vestergaard have both played key roles in the way he like to play. 
FFP will mean Chelsea won’t have a lot to spend - unless they go down the Man City route if we don’t give a feck.