Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

12 hours ago, JimJams said:

It's probably just a cheaper 5 years than paying a more established name 3 or 4.

I have a feeling that if clubs give players ( possibly managers too ) loooong contracts then it helps with their Fair Play Finances as the costs aren't linked to one specific year....but I may be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Coalman said:

I have a feeling that if clubs give players ( possibly managers too ) loooong contracts then it helps with their Fair Play Finances as the costs aren't linked to one specific year....but I may be wrong. 

Limited to 5 years after the Chelsea shenanigans. 

Under Todd Boehly's ownership, Chelsea has spent over one billion pounds and has been unconventional in its business, drafting its agreements to exploit the now-amended UEFA rules on amortisation in the 2022/23 and 2023/24 seasons. 

By spreading the cost of players over the period of their contracts in their accounts, the club was able to operate within FFP and PSR. For example, Mykhailo Mudryk (£88 million) and Enzo Fernandez (£106.7 million) were given 8.5-year-long contracts with the club. This works out to an annual expenditure of £10.4 million and £12.5 million on each player, respectively. 

Amortisation has allowed Chelsea to sign players such as Moises Caicedo (£115 million), Wesley Fofana (£72 million) and Raheem Sterling (£50 million), all while staying within the £105 million PSR threshold.

Following UEFA and the Premier League's FFP and PSR changes, clubs are now capped at spreading player costs over five years. 

On 04/05/2024 at 08:37, ramadaone said:

I will be amazed if he is in charge at the start of next season

Fully admit I didn't see the Chelsea job coming but the writing was on the wall after his outburst regarding FFP ( which was totally understandable )

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I can’t see Enzo buying any of our players, but do you think he might come in for any of the out of contract players?

Ndidi and Vestergaard have both played key roles in the way he like to play. 
FFP will mean Chelsea won’t have a lot to spend - unless they go down the Man City route if we don’t give a feck.

Nope

they have way better players there already who are fairly recent buys and therefore not likely to be moved on 

4 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Fully admit I didn't see the Chelsea job coming but the writing was on the wall after his outburst regarding FFP ( which was totally understandable )

This has nothing to do with FFP. He was never turning down a 5 year contract at Chelsea. 

6 hours ago, davieG said:

'I watched every Leicester home game - Here's why Chelsea fans won't like Maresca'
BY
CHRISTY MALYAN
PUBLISHED 5 HOURS AGO
The Foxes may have won the Championship but supporters aren't too disappointed to see him leave.

https://www.givemesport.com/leicester-chelsea-enzo-maresca-tactics-fans/

I think this sums up how a lot of fans felt;

“Perfect' football has a tendency to sterilise and sanitise - it's the imperfections that create chaos and make games so exciting.”

• Like 4

7 hours ago, davieG said:

'I watched every Leicester home game - Here's why Chelsea fans won't like Maresca'
BY
CHRISTY MALYAN
PUBLISHED 5 HOURS AGO
The Foxes may have won the Championship but supporters aren't too disappointed to see him leave.

https://www.givemesport.com/leicester-chelsea-enzo-maresca-tactics-fans/

Excellent piece. Well written. Soundly backed up with facts. And very observant. Top notch.

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

Would like to know if the board have learnt anything after this though.

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

Dick Stair did call this on his podcast 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Dick Stair did call this on his podcast 

Unfortunately, because it’s Chelsea taking him, takes the spotlight off those who are responsible for the lack of transparency.

Have to say that was a great article. Pretty fairly sums it all up. Don’t think many Foxes fans felt any deep affection for Enzo. Did his job but seemed a bit touchy and, at times, the possession football was mind numbing. Wish him well. We move on. 

• Like 2

Personally I'm not in the least sorry to see him go, l watch football to be entertained and frankly his style is a combination of boring and frustrating.

He got the job done and thats it.

Now we are odds on to be bottom 3, at least lets try to be entertaining!

Relegated and boring would just about do for me!

Enzo was so like his predecessor in his "my way or the highway" philosophy, we were simply a rung on his ladder and frankly he never gave a damn about us spectators, his focus was always about one thing - his career progression.

We are in a one season world now, anyone we employ as head coach WILL be poached if they do well and sacked if they don't, a team like us can't build in this scenario, only the greedy 6 can afford to buy and fail, rinse and repeat.

Another case of rules made to suit themseves.

Personally l find this all so disheartening, not the Enzo Chelsea thing cos those entitled pri*ks deserve his style but the prospect of finding a talent and him being bought off and probably discarded after 6 months.

• Like 2

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Only for fans that didn’t like him.

I was more than happy with Enzo.

Yup. Seems those that didn't like him now get the say on how he was viewed by the wider fan base.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

A stupid analysis from Sky, you'll get minimal from any of this given the complete contrast in quality between the two leagues. 

It's even more pointless because we had only 3% more average possession and yet we were patient and they were gung-go... Not sure that stacks up

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

A stupid analysis from Sky, you'll get minimal from any of this given the complete contrast in quality between the two leagues. 

Missing the fact that one manager was in the Premier League and one was in the Championship.

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Comparing apples with oranges, truly pointless 

14 hours ago, JJD_LCFC said:

Reports pretty much say we will get 9-10 million for Maresca and his technical staff. 

Personally I think it is good business. I think the way Enzo plays requires a high level of technical ability and tactical understanding from all players. We will not have that in the premier league. I thought we would be similar to Burnley and play possession football but ultimately get relegated. For now, we need a manager who can keep us in the premier league and set us up to do so. Does not have to be an exciting name but someone who will get the best out of the players that we have. We still have a reasonable squad who are more than capable of finishing outside of the relegation places. 

We saw the consequences of keeping Rodgers for so long when he clearly did not want to be here, Enzo seemed to feel different post January transfer window, and ultimately we will be in a better position because of this. Frustrating now, but in the long run arguably better off. 

At least that will go towards our overspend !!

51 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Will Maresca just become another "one season wonder"?

At Chelsea, every manager becomes a one season wonder..