Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Absolutely no way will he survive that ruthless board for 5 years.

It's strange, because despite winning the league, I'm almost more excited for the coming season knowing someone else will be in charge.

Grass often isn't greener, but I lost excitement going to games with his football.

Spot on

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

More to do with the run of 5  wins at the end of season, beating teams they really ought to beat.

Still an improvement because they were struggling to do that before

23 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Thats always been a lucky escape for us

And another example of why giving a manager more say just because we have a poor Director of Football isn't the answer. 

12 hours ago, davieG said:

'I watched every Leicester home game - Here's why Chelsea fans won't like Maresca'
BY
CHRISTY MALYAN
PUBLISHED 5 HOURS AGO
The Foxes may have won the Championship but supporters aren't too disappointed to see him leave.

https://www.givemesport.com/leicester-chelsea-enzo-maresca-tactics-fans/

'But even when facing less competitive opposition, Maresca always seemed to keep the handbrake on. Rather than using possession to checkmate defences into conceding well-crafted team goals, the Leicester boss appreciated it more from an attritional standpoint - constantly moving the ball around to physically and mentally grind opponents down.

Maresca's resistance in moving away from that strategy regardless of the opposition resulted in the Foxes often failing to kill off significantly weaker teams, instead allowing games that could've been wrapped up within the first half-hour to drag on and regress into a keep-ball training ground exercise.'

That's a direct hit of an assesment. 

The annoying thing was that we didn't look like that at the start of the season, and we did score some wonderful team goals:

It just seemed to stall and regress as the season wore on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

In a way I would be glad if Chelsea opt to skip this BS competition.

I wasn’t thinking that at Rennes, Eindhoven or Roma. You’d happily take a place in it at the end of next season.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed as I wanted to see what we could do with Enzo in the PL.

What concerns me is our next appointment and the fact that we don't have continuity, which I think is an often ignored or downplayed aspect of things. 

That said, maybe with the compo and an opportunity to reutilise some assets who haven't had much of a chance under Enzo we can manage to survive.

2 hours ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

More to do with the run of 5  wins at the end of season, beating teams they really ought to beat.

reminds me of us in 2022. should've finishd 15th but ended up 8th due to facing crap opposition in the last few games. look what happened next season lol 

• Like 1

I imagine Vesty will be seriously considering not signing with us until he’s had chance to speak with the new manager. He was truly excellent for us last season, but played in a different system reverts back to be being a liability. 

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People need to realise he would have legged it to Chelsea, even if things were perfect here.

And with a 5 year deal on the table, he'd have been stupid not to 

13 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I imagine Vesty will be seriously considering not signing with us until he’s had chance to speak with the new manager. He was truly excellent for us last season, but played in a different system reverts back to be being a liability. 

One of the many reasons this all needs sorted quickly for our sake - I don’t see any other managers style giving vesty a new contract - it was very unique the way he fit to marescas plan - just can’t see him in any kind of back 4 at prem level without us playing that exact way - even with us playing that way he would need 2 electric quick players either side of him to stand any chance this year - with a new manager we have so much to do and sort - need someone in place in next 2 weeks for me 

19 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I imagine he will be signing it ASAP before anyone gets a foot in the door because it secures his pay and short term and future in a place he’s previously stated his family are very happy at.

10 minutes ago, jv1 said:

One of the many reasons this all needs sorted quickly for our sake - I don’t see any other managers style giving vesty a new contract - it was very unique the way he fit to marescas plan - just can’t see him in any kind of back 4 at prem level without us playing that exact way - even with us playing that way he would need 2 electric quick players either side of him to stand any chance this year - with a new manager we have so much to do and sort - need someone in place in next 2 weeks for me 

This is why the Rich 6 and The Prem absolutely suck! Look how much disruption this is causing us. 
All our first team coaches going too. 
Really pisses me off. 

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

This is why the Rich 6 and The Prem absolutely suck! Look how much disruption this is causing us. 
All our first team coaches going too. 
Really pisses me off. 

Food chain of life - the second tier of clubs that sustain top flight football and relative success are the ones that have a plan and a bloody good one - do we fit into this anymore - I’m not sure - yes we are being forced to be reactive here but we should have replacement lists lined up for everyone if we have done our homework and are ready for all eventualities - recent history would tell us we could be in big trouble here 

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

A stupid analysis from Sky, you'll get minimal from any of this given the complete contrast in quality between the two leagues. 

If anything those stats show that they should of stuck with poch. very similar stats but one is in the premier league and the other is in the championship.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

PMSL if they can't agree terms and Enzo ends up staying here

That's what i want to know.....if this doesn't go through do we have him back?......For me No.

7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If anything those stats show that they should of stuck with poch. very similar stats but one is in the premier league and the other is in the championship.

Yeah but Poch cleary let the board know they were a bunch of tospots who had no idea what they were doing. Enzo won't do that cos he will just coach the team. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Haha 1