Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

This being dragged out doesn’t really affect us unless it goes on right into pre season.
I feel like we will likely have to wait until the points deductions are announced before we get the manager we want. 
I can’t see a serious manager like Potter taking us on without knowing what deductions we are facing.

Unless it’s a young manager like Corberan who would be willing to go down with us and build a project in the Championship I think we need to hold our lines.

In which case we may not be able to recruit until well after the season starts, which would not be ideal.

Points deductions are not announced before Oct/Nov historically. So, I guess we're likely to appoint a 'placemat' manager in the hope they can just keep us up. Are there any more Dyche brothers? 🤔

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Just read Chelsea have to sell first.

Cant wait for his moaning in January when they can't sign anyone.

This is it, and its one of the things that pi55ed Poch off too. 

He doesnt do his due dilligence does he?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

This is it, and its one of the things that pi55ed Poch off too. 

He doesnt do his due dilligence does he?

Wasn't Poch sacked off because he ended up wanting more control of signings too? Makes sense the manager wasn't signing players when they were just throwing money around. Disaster of a club.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Wasn't Poch sacked off because he ended up wanting more control of signings too? Makes sense the manager wasn't signing players when they were just throwing money around. Disaster of a club.

£5M a year in wages will allow Enzo to toe the line and his mate Ballegue to let everybody know how happy and content he is...

• Like 1

Just seen this:

Paying Pochettino off has reportedly cost Chelsea another £10m, but it won’t be quite so lucrative for Maresca if all does not go to plan at Stamford Bridge. To that end, it’s understood that his deal in SW6 will contain various break clauses that will limit him to one year’s pay-off at the most, if the Blues ever decide to sever ties.

Turd Boehly appears to have doubts..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Just seen this:

Paying Pochettino off has reportedly cost Chelsea another £10m, but it won’t be quite so lucrative for Maresca if all does not go to plan at Stamford Bridge. To that end, it’s understood that his deal in SW6 will contain various break clauses that will limit him to one year’s pay-off at the most, if the Blues ever decide to sever ties.

So not as good for Maresca as I thought, basically a clause to just get rid if a better option becomes available lol 

The Chelsea job isn’t so fantastic when you think about it, you get players forced on you and you probably have to play them, plus if you aren’t getting the big payout once sacked, it doesn’t sound so great. 

23 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Just seen this:

I mean, it's still £5m

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bmt said:

I mean, it's still £5m

Is says ‘at most’. Could be less if say targets are not reached:dunno:  Anyhow is he really going to out perform and out date the longevity of the previous 3 appointments? 

I personally very much doubt it, but good luck and thanks Enzo.

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

In which case we may not be able to recruit until well after the season starts, which would not be ideal.

Yeah it puts us on the back foot regardless. I’d imagine if the deduction decision takes too long we will either have to gamble and spend a little bit more money and risk it, or basically build a younger, cheaper squad and just factor relegation into our plans. 

Ideally we just need them to slap us with the deduction now so we can properly plan, you’d think that would be the priority of the league too so we have a proper chance to right the ship. 
If they take too long, we risk going down because of lack of time to plan and execute which would only exacerbate the problem.

45 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Just seen this:

Oh - Boehly putting that out in the media now for all to see.  Class act aren't they Chelsea. Not even fully signed and the Chelsea ownership tell the world they aren't sure.

Oh dear Enzo, what have you done. When the boos rings out at the bridge because you couldn't break down Forest, I hope you remember what that away end was like a Preston.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

His first challenge is getting the current of 50x players into 25.

If he has a good relationship with some people at the club (ignoring the misleading of finances) we may be able to tap into a few cheap loans. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

It is still in most scenarios a no lose situation for Enzo in that he can go through all the usual Chelsea problems and be sacked - and still have his "reputation" intact. 

I feel sorry for him though if he hasn't worked out they've specifically targeted a Championship manager because they think managers on Poch's level have too much of a say. He's going to get a big shock.

I have absolutely no doubt we will be getting Guillem making every accusations about the Chelsea hierarchy in next year or so on Sky sports. I really hope we never see that patronising, arrogant clown ever again.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

This being dragged out doesn’t really affect us unless it goes on right into pre season.
I feel like we will likely have to wait until the points deductions are announced before we get the manager we want. 
I can’t see a serious manager like Potter taking us on without knowing what deductions we are facing.

Unless it’s a young manager like Corberan who would be willing to go down with us and build a project in the Championship I think we need to hold our lines.

That's not going to happen is it though, the points deduction isn't going to be decided when we start pre-season and we can't afford to wait.

Also, I think from a managers point of view the upside to taking us on is that it is a free hit reputation wise.

Keep us up with the squad we have, minimal budget and a points deduction and you will be widely heralded. We go down and it is probably framed as unfortunate but not a failure and it's what a good chunk of the fans expect.

No doubt its difficult and there may be more enticing jobs out there, but what is there to lose?

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

He also didn't want to sell off assets like Gallagher, which presumably Enzo is just going to accept. But based on what these monkeys spend, then same problems will materialise next year.

But Chelsea have made it very clear with the appointment of Enzo - they want a coach who isn't going to meddle in other dealing of the club and this includes transfers. Which makes Enzo's whinge fest about Sensi even stranger. 

I presume Enzo thinks he is so good that he will change them at some point in the future. Not a chance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

That's partly the reason he's got the job. Joe Shields, Co-Director of Recruitment and Talent at Chelsea worked with Enzo at Manchester City doing their Under 23s

Shields is the reason Cole Palmer ended up there - so in the eyes of Boelhy has the knowledge. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

That's not going to happen is it though, the points deduction isn't going to be decided when we start pre-season and we can't afford to wait.

Also, I think from a managers point of view the upside to taking us on is that it is a free hit reputation wise.

Keep us up with the squad we have, minimal budget and a points deduction and you will be widely heralded. We go down and it is probably framed as unfortunate but not a failure and it's what a good chunk of the fans expect.

No doubt it’s difficult and there may be more enticing jobs out there, but what is there to lose?

The main problem is that we would need to go for someone inexperienced or unproven at the top level in that case, since someone like Moyes likely wouldn’t want to manage in the championship. 

It makes it far more likely we end up with someone from the championship or 2nd division elsewhere I’d imagine, but if it’s someone like Corberan I’d be happy enough to give him a free hit providing it looks like we are building something.