Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Would you have him back if he's seen the light and it's all been a terrible mistake or can the tw@t do one? 

I would probably have him back yeah on account of him being our manager, and forking out a load of money to sack him for having the temerity to apply for a better job would not be very clever I don't think

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Guest said:

I would probably have him back yeah on account of him being our manager, and forking out a load of money to sack him for having the temerity to apply for a better job would not be very clever I don't think

Way too rational 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ShepshedFox1884 said:

No but when the payment is made might do 

Well that's kind of what I was getting at. But yeah. Maybe just waiting until it's all official for the coming seasons accounts.

2 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

The day the fans stop buying into my style of play is the day I leave 

He said that day one. Do you think he turned up and wanted to go before a game had been played?

5 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

No but when the payment is made might do 

We need this to be in this years accounts, Chelsea will want it in next seasons, both for PSR reasons

Not arsed if he stays or goes, almost totally indifferent, which is a really strange feeling to have about a manager, normally a position which inspires very binary feelings. Probably says it all tbh!

2 minutes ago, bmt said:

There's no point in engaging. Some people just irrationally hate him

lol

I quite like him, and wanted him to stay - Even when there was a real pile on towards the end of the season.

Just calling fans entitled for having a different opinion is a bit silly...and you hardly have to read between the lines to see that he wasn't particularly happy here. 

• Like 1

Just now, James_lcfc said:

lol

I quite like him, and wanted him to stay - Even when there was a real pile on towards the end of the season.

Just calling fans entitled for having a different opinion is a bit silly...and you hardly have to read between the lines to see that he wasn't particularly happy here. 

Fair, my bad. 

I don't agree he was angling to leave, just acknowledged some frustration at not being in the loop re: finances etc.

Still getting over the fact that blowing a 17 point lead can still get you a top job.....

We had to put the shift in to get promoted of course, but we had I think the 2nd if not most expensive team in the league so would have been expected to be in the mix at least.  I just can't get over a top half premier league side who want Champions League football and to challenge for titles looked at us last season and went "yeah..that. We don't need a plan B where we chase the game as we never will be right!?" The owners, who I admit I don't know who they are now, have looked at the league table and gone "This guy won a league and knows Pep, therefore if we get him we will also be Man City good." Didn't Top ask Enzo to come here and play Man City's way or something crazy like that too? 

14 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

The day the fans stop buying into my style of play is the day I leave 

spot on and frankly I'm glad he's going. He got us up and I'm grateful for that, but I didn't like his comments as above. I want a pragmatic manager not an obsessive zealot.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He said that day one. Do you think he turned up and wanted to go before a game had been played?

After spending a bit of time with Rudders, you never know :dunno::sweating:

16 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Still getting over the fact that blowing a 17 point lead can still get you a top job.....

Shall I focus on winning the league or a disappointing period which we emerged from? 

You do you!  lol

Most annoying thing about this is how perfect Fofana will be in his system. 

I can't begrudge him making the move. He did a good job here, saved us total obliteration after 2 useless managers set us on a downward spiral. I also think his system would've seen us taking a fair few spankings. 

I certainly didn't want him to go but if we can attract a Potter or Moyes then I'll be really happy with it all. 

47 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Will the timing of announcements have anything to do with the changeover from one seasons accounts to the next?

I wonder whether the club would prefer to receive Enzo's compensation in the 23/24 season or the 24/25 season?

If we're going to breach for 23/24 anyway and we can't bring in the amount of money to avoid that, do we sack 23/24 off and wait for 24/25 and start from scratch in that year, giving us the best chance to use that money wisely to help keep us up?