Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Scenes if they want it in next year's accounts, we want it in this year's and the deal collapses.

Awkward.

The compensation they pat us would be spread over 5 years in their accounts anyway. Only will the income we get will be fully realised when it goes through.

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

Still getting over the fact that blowing a 17 point lead can still get you a top job.....

We had to put the shift in to get promoted of course, but we had I think the 2nd if not most expensive team in the league so would have been expected to be in the mix at least.  I just can't get over a top half premier league side who want Champions League football and to challenge for titles looked at us last season and went "yeah..that. We don't need a plan B where we chase the game as we never will be right!?" The owners, who I admit I don't know who they are now, have looked at the league table and gone "This guy won a league and knows Pep, therefore if we get him we will also be Man City good." Didn't Top ask Enzo to come here and play Man City's way or something crazy like that too? 

It is weird. But then Kompany just landed the Bayern gig. Silly season!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The compensation they pat us would be spread over 5 years in their accounts anyway. Only will the income we get will be fully realised when it goes through.

Shows what a scummy club they are 

4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It is still in most scenarios a no lose situation for Enzo in that he can go through all the usual Chelsea problems and be sacked - and still have his "reputation" intact. 

I feel sorry for him though if he hasn't worked out they've specifically targeted a Championship manager because they think managers on Poch's level have too much of a say. He's going to get a big shock.

I have absolutely no doubt we will be getting Guillem making every accusations about the Chelsea hierarchy in next year or so on Sky sports. I really hope we never see that patronising, arrogant clown ever again.  

Sadly, he'll get even more airtime now, given the media's obsession with the Greedy 6.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Shows what a scummy club they are 

That's how all players and staff that cost a fee are amortised across their contract. Chelsea did pull a stunt where they used to spread them over 7-8 years but that got stopped.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's on holiday isn't he in Marbella so Chelsea probably won't announce anything till he's back and they have interviews ready etc

Wouldn't mind that as long as the club know what's happening and are interviewing candidates as we speak. Easier said than done when it's our board lol

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's how all players and staff that cost a fee are amortised across their contract. Chelsea did pull a stunt where they used to spread them over 7-8 years but that got stopped.

Ah yeah got it. I do believe they pull any stroke going to bend around the rules 

I mean the fact that most of what built them was corrupt dodgy Russian mafia money anyway but hey ho - they are part of the glamour greedy 6 so untouchable 

3 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I actually have a feeling we may be lining up our next manager so that it’s a dual announcement.

But then it’s this kind of wishful thinking that leads to so much disappointment!! 

We can't get a fax sent correctly. No way the club trying to do 2 things at one time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Do we get any compensation for Enzo taking 5 backroom staff with him.

We've just also lost an assistant manager, player individual coach, fitness coach, analyst and a goal keeping coach.....it's sure going to be a big task filling these positions up.

It’s 8 I think  but it’s not much compo for backroom staff

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I've read that 3 his new staff are already at Chelsea, global goal keeping coach, set-piece coach and development coach poached from other clubs

Ah ok :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Compensation would be amortised over the contract period but that doesn’t mean that the cash itself isn’t paid far earlier even potentially in one instalment 

When this ends badly (Which it will), it will be interesting to see how Enzo rebuilds his management career. I understand it was probably an offer too good to turn down, but perhaps too much of a rushed progression.

Just get it done and we all move on.  If Chelsea are quibbling about £1m or so when they are putting Enzo in charge of a team worth £500m or so, then it doesn’t look great.