Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

10 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

When this ends badly (Which it will), it will be interesting to see how Enzo rebuilds his management career. I understand it was probably an offer too good to turn down, but perhaps too much of a rushed progression.

Nah, free hit for him. Chelsea job is tainted, so if he fails, big if, then everyone writes it off as the owners' fault. 

Surely that's just made up.

The only thing from that that could ring true is the fact that Pep leaves in a year and Kompany just got the Bayern job after a shit season. So logically a season with us ending in relegation might not stop him taking over from Pep.

38 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Nah, free hit for him. Chelsea job is tainted, so if he fails, big if, then everyone writes it off as the owners' fault. 

Thing is, if he fails he’ll be tarnished in the eyes of the big clubs and they’ll be unlikely to touch him. 

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I've read that 3 his new staff are already at Chelsea, global goal keeping coach, set-piece coach and development coach poached from other clubs

It's a curious one, there's an article today that said he was already trying to bring in a set piece coach at Leicester for when we were in the PL. The development coach (Roberto Vitiello) is who was supposed to be coming in as assistant manager last summer to us, who he had with him at Parma but think there were issues with his visa. That role is interesting, possibly something he was alluding to in what needed to change at Leicester too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Just seen this:

Paying Pochettino off has reportedly cost Chelsea another £10m, but it won’t be quite so lucrative for Maresca if all does not go to plan at Stamford Bridge. To that end, it’s understood that his deal in SW6 will contain various break clauses that will limit him to one year’s pay-off at the most, if the Blues ever decide to sever ties.

Turd Boehly appears to have doubts..........

Where did you see this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terraloon said:

Compensation would be amortised over the contract period but that doesn’t mean that the cash itself isn’t paid far earlier even potentially in one instalment 

Yes. My response was to the poster who wondered whether Chelsea wanted this to be from 1st July 2024 for PSR reasons and we wanted it before 30th June. For us that would be beneficial as the full compensation would be recognised in 2023/24, but for Chelsea it would be £10m across 5 years, so would only be saving £2m in 23/24 by delaying to 1st July.

4 hours ago, sdb said:

Most annoying thing about this is how perfect Fofana will be in his system. 

I can't begrudge him making the move. He did a good job here, saved us total obliteration after 2 useless managers set us on a downward spiral. I also think his system would've seen us taking a fair few spankings. 

I certainly didn't want him to go but if we can attract a Potter or Moyes then I'll be really happy with it all. 

Their back four will be brilliant to be fair.

Fofana Badiashile Colwill is pretty much the perfect back 3 for his system in posession. No idea where. Reece James fits though. I doubt he could play the Ricardo role.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Can't be true......can it?

Screenshot_20240530_204032_Facebook.jpg

That's gotta be bollocks

Edited by Tuna

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Find it mad that some people are somehow believing a Facebook mum account...

...And even more mad that people are talking like this about a manager who's been broadly good for us? Even if you're indifferent - "This ****?" You're embarrassing yourself.

It's an opinion bud that's all

i genuinely don't give a flying fvck about embarrassing myself. I'm honest and passionate about Leicester City not some fly by merchant who sells us the big dream he is here for years as a project to fvck off the minute he sniffs the barmaids apron 

50 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Fofana Badiashile Colwill is pretty much the perfect back 3 for his system in posession. No idea where. Reece James fits though. I doubt he could play the Ricardo role.

Cucurella will probably go there. 

Unless any of the other chelsea players can invert from right back. 

Caicedo

Madueke Palmer Enzo Mudryk

Jackson

Will probably be their forward line?

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Cucurella will probably go there. 

Unless any of the other chelsea players can invert from right back. 

Caicedo

Madueke Palmer Enzo Mudryk

Jackson

Will probably be their forward line?

Caicedo and Enzo would swap.

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I edited that post because I thought you might have meant Balague but you actually mean the manager don't you? Again, I get indifference completely.

But genuine vitriol? The "I can't wait for that **** to **** off" as if he's end of tenure Rodgers or Peter Taylor absolutely, properly reeks. He's left us in better shape than he's leaving us. I think yapping about him like that is properly shit.

No dramas I accept your opinion

mine is wanting what is best for Leicester City. Thanks for last season but not impressed by pissing off at the first chance 

like I say just my opinion and you aren't going to change that 

56 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Nah, I'd have Colwill at LCB, Fofana in the middle, James at RCB and Gusto or Cuccarela inverted.