Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

id imagine he’s on a much less wage than say Rodgers…

Oh absolutely. Rodgers would never have been the right option. Should have bit the bullet and sacked him wayyyyy sooner.

It's more about the decision made in the summer. 

51 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

At this stage people are still just sleeping with him cos he’s not their ex. Rancid, entertainless football. Get up and get him sacked. 

We simply don't have the players to make this style entertaining. It isn't inherently 'entertainless' (almost certain that isn't a word) as a style.

Our starting 8s are KDH and N'didi, for goodness sake. Both good players with their own strengths, but have you ever seen either get a through ball right? 

Absolutely not, so instead of ceding possession, more often than not our technically limited players play it safe. 

I really don't know why such a large chunk of our fanbase appears to dislike Enzo. It's baffling. I'm all for debate and discussion on potential shortcomings, but it's outright vitriol. We're top lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

We simply don't have the players to make this style entertaining. It isn't inherently 'entertainless' (almost certain that isn't a word) as a style.

Our starting 8s are KDH and N'didi, for goodness sake. Both good players with their own strengths, but have you ever seen either get a through ball right? 

Absolutely not, so instead of ceding possession, more often than not our technically limited players play it safe. 

I really don't know why such a large chunk of our fanbase appears to dislike Enzo. It's baffling. I'm all for debate and discussion on potential shortcomings, but it's outright vitriol. We're top lol

This is where I’m at too. 

We play a system with two number 8s that are key to creativity and neither are number 8s. 

I feel we would be a different beast if we managed to get players in who could play that position.

I also feel a lot of this season our strikers have been crap too.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

This is where I’m at too. 

We play a system with two number 8s that are key to creativity and neither are number 8s. 

I feel we would be a different beast if we managed to get players in who could play that position.

I also feel a lot of this season our strikers have been crap too.

What do you class KDH as then? He's definitely not a 6.

Goodness.. imaging being a person  who wants him sacked despite being 3 points clear in his first season.. bearing in mind the upheaval we are going through and the fact we couldn’t even afford to sign a loan player in January.

Thats like your wife cooking the most amazing roast Lamb and you leave her because she forgot to put the mint sauce on the table.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What do you class KDH as then? He's definitely not a 6.

I’m not his biggest fan. I don’t think he has a  natural position

I think he’s a squad player at PL level as he can fill in across the midfield without doing any of the positions that well to be a starter. 

I’m not sure what he is. He’s not an 8. 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Enzo is a young inexperienced manager who undoubtedly makes mistakes.

He's also a disciple to his principles and has a squad that is nowhere near as good as people on here think, at playing that style.

This is highlighted by the fact he's had to retrain Hamza as an inverted full back and we look so much better when Wilf Ndidi (who himself has been asked to play a role completely alien to him) is available. 

Now, that slavery to a system can be seen as a negative and this season, I think it is.

However, that identity and his ability to coach it to a group of players who do not really suit it (Ricardo, Vestegaard, Mavididi, Fatawu and KDH aside), are also a huge sign that he's highly talented and could go on to big things in the game 

He could, but he could just as easily end up going to clubs that don’t have the players required to play his system and he will either refuse to change there also and get sacked, or he will leave of his own volition. 

If he doesn’t have the players to play a rather complex style of football that most players cannot play effectively, where is he going to find a team that can without requiring a significant transfer budget? 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

I think he’s a squad player at PL level as he can fill in across the midfield without doing any of the positions that well to be a starter. 

I’m not sure what he is. 

I think you're right, he doesn't have a sole natural position anymore. 

He has the ability to play the box to box, it's whether he applies it 

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

I think at prem level he needs to play as a ball winning central midfielder in the middle of a midfield 3. 

atleast then he has half of the pitch directly infront of him and doesn’t need to rely doing 180 turns to move the ball onto his favoured foot, if he’s central he has more range and could even drive through the middle. 

Where he is now all teams have to do is push him onto his right and he either gives it away or turns around and the move is finished.

I will say though he’s been great this season in general output so can’t knock him for that, much better this year than I expected, but I still can’t see him doing it against the premier league teams and I think prem players are intelligent enough to take advantage of his weakness. 

58 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It’s genuinely embarrassing the amount of people that want to turn on him because of a bad patch. 

Generally agree but it's somewhat inevitable considering up until recently anybody who offered even the slightest critique of the style of football was basically called thick and resistant to 'foreign' tactics.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Goodness.. imaging being a person  who wants him sacked despite being 3 points clear in his first season.. bearing in mind the upheaval we are going through and the fact we couldn’t even afford to sign a loan player in January.

Thats like your wife cooking the most amazing roast Lamb and you leave her because she forgot to put the mint sauce on the table.

Imagine being 10+ points clear and everyone saying only a few weeks ago we were up and now only 3 points clear…..

Not calling for him to be sacked but we’ve fvcked it up massively. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

Similar was said when Rodgers got us fifth in his first season after having a 14 point lead. We have thrown away our points lead on second, Enzo really needs to show he knows how to turn around a poor run of results as he wont leave this season with much credit if we finish 3rd or even second really.

We will find out if we have ****ed it up at the end of the season.

Personallt, I doubt we have. Everyone has stumbles and now it is about pulling ourselves together and getting across the line.

Is it a good system? People are debating this and questioning how we will manage if we go up with this team. Well, I personally hope we improve the squad and get some new players in who can play the system in the positions.

In my opinion, if we improve the quality, then we can progress brilliantly as this is modern football with the right players. 

• Like 3

Just now, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

We will find out if we have ****ed it up at the end of the season.

Personallt, I doubt we have. Everyone has stumbles and now it is about pulling ourselves together and getting across the line.

Is it a good system? People are debating this and questioning how we will manage if we go up with this team. Well, I personally hope we improve the squad and get some new players in who can play the system in the positions.

In my opinion, if we improve the quality, then we can progress brilliantly as this is modern football with the right players. 

We all hope we can improve, but the same people who are saying “we can improve in the premier league” are often ones that are berating Rudkin every time we concede 😂 

We can’t have it both ways, either Rudkin is going to do the business or we are taking a huge risk attempting this against premier league opposition. 
Hopefully Enzo has a good team who can spot a good cheap player. Because we are going to need Brighton level bargains of the decade if we are going to stick within our budget and sign the 10+ players needed to play this way and survive the top flight.

Guest glasgowfox
19 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Imagine being 10+ points clear and everyone saying only a few weeks ago we were up and now only 3 points clear…..

Not calling for him to be sacked but we’ve fvcked it up massively. 

Every side in every league goes through a bad patch...FACT....

Edited by glasgowfox
Spelling

Enzo has his faults, personally so far I think he’s a very one dimensional manager.

But in terms of his philosophy and the style he plays, I’d seriously be questioning whether our squad is technical enough for his style, because right now I don’t think it is. 

We have a solid core of Hermansen - Vestergaard - Winks, those three are absolutely vital to the way we play. 

The players around those three all have their limitations. 

Faes can be an absolute bombscare at times. He really needs to cut out the occasional rashness from his game, it’s holding him back from becoming a pretty good defender. James Justin has gone way downhill. Doyle has been a bit hit and miss imo, while he might not even be here next season. 

He’s converted both Ricardo & Ndidi into new roles, both have adapted well this season, but are they the long term solution to their current positions, I have my doubts. 

KDH statistically has been our most creative player, but would you class him as a highly technical midfielder, probably not. We saw in the Premier League that he has certain limitations. 

Mavididi & Fatawu both blow hot & cold, personally I don’t see them as regular starting wingers should we get promoted. 

Then you come to the strikers, where I’m still not sure who’s better in a Maresca type system. 

If Maresca is still here next season, more changes are needed to make his philosophy properly flourish.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I just see similarities with Rodgers and blowing finishing top 4 twice. Sides have got used to how we play second half of the season and we have a manager who is both naive and stubborn without a plan b. 

I just see similarities that neither manager was backed by Rudkin in the transfer windows

44 minutes ago, bovril said:

Generally agree but it's somewhat inevitable considering up until recently anybody who offered even the slightest critique of the style of football was basically called thick and resistant to 'foreign' tactics.

It’s more the fact people are just waiting for us to fail so they can criticise it and say its rubbish boring ineffective etc I get it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but be consistent. 

51 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Glad it's not just me. He's such an odd footballer. For somebody who scores so many goals, his technical ability is so limited.

His main attributes are pressing, speed, and finishing. He'd probably make a better striker than a midfielder. His touch is awful, vision limited and weight of pass verging on laughable.

• Like 3

I'm quite concerned by his refusal to use his subs (and often only one or two).  People try and chalk it up to injuries but this was an issue even when the squad was pretty healthy.  It's an unfortunate trait he shares with Fraudgers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I just see similarities that neither manager was backed by Rudkin in the transfer windows

Rodgers spent a little over £250m during his tenure, hardly not being backed. Compare that with previous managers. 

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Rodgers spent a little over £250m during his tenure, hardly not being backed. Compare that with previous managers. 

I'm trying to suggest that in recent times neither manager was backed when it mattered. The fact Enzo couldn't sign a single player in January could be costly. Similarly, Rodgers only signed Bennett in January, which probably cost us champions league place.

Edited by MGLCFC