Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The desire people have here for some oaf at the back to just put their foot through the ball to some lamp post up top at every oppotunity is truly unbelievable. 

Not exactly, the desire for any form of entertaining football more like. 

Results were decent this season but you honestly can't say you watched every game and enjoyed it? Even the last game.ofnthe season we were all sitting there just waiting for the trophy and get the shit game out of the way.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I desire a manager who can read a situation and adjust tactically, so if that involves a lump up front for 30 mins and going direct, so be it. Not a stubborn mule who insist on just one way of playing like Teflon Brendan and Pound Land Pep. 

He didn’t play football like Brendan. Let’s not be childish. 

• Like 2

Just now, ChrisFilter said:

You’re right. He meant he was stubborn like Brendan. My mistake. 

When I reread yours, I assumed it was just a dig at Brendan which made me laugh. I’m going to get some coffee ️ 

I was actually dreading this season with him setting us up to get slaughtered.

Important thing is now that we get the new manager in, let them shape the squad the best they can (loans could be vital this season wink wink Enzo) and plan meticulously for a very tough season.

Earlier the new manager is in the better, nightmare scenario would be them joining late 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I was actually dreading this season with him setting us up to get slaughtered.

Important thing is now that we get the new manager in, let them shape the squad the best they can (loans could be vital this season wink wink Enzo) and plan meticulously for a very tough season.

Earlier the new manager is in the better, nightmare scenario would be them joining late 

True, but let’s not rush into it for the sake. It’s crucial we have the best fit possible from the small number of candidates that will want to start a season with a point deficit. 

Posted (edited)

I remember going to the Northampton friendly and thinking wow, this is an awful watch.

Put it down to being a friendly but unfortunately, whilst the results were there a lot of the time, it remained an awful watch throughout. 

Bye 

Edited by adejo92

Alway liked a man of principle.

Enzo spend weeks tell LCFC how they should work off the field and how they should be structured.

To going to Chelsea were he'll have little impute on anything other then coaching the team.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Shall I focus on winning the league or a disappointing period which we emerged from? 

You do you!  lol

You can get away with it in the Championship when you have a team like we did. You won't get that luxury at Chelsea. 

9 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

You can get away with it in the Championship when you have a team like we did. You won't get that luxury at Chelsea. 

I understand, reckon playing as we did last season with no change in system would have seen us easily undone. Would we have changed? Who knows  :dunno:

Doesn`t matter now!! 

I didn't want him to go.  I don't know why.  I was bored watching some of our games.  The inverted rb was becoming annoying; it became wonder goal from the left practice for opponents. 

But he won the league and the players liked him.

But he's gone.   Could be for the best

9 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I remember going to the Northampton friendly and thinking wow, this is an awful watch.

Put it down to being a friendly but unfortunately, whilst the results were there a lot of the time, it remained an awful watch throughout. 

Bye 

Talking of reaction to a friendly. 

For some reason I was thinking of Leuven away when we looked an utter shambles at the back and in goal. The season played out exactly like that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majaco said:

I didn't want him to go.  I don't know why.  I was bored watching some of our games.  The inverted rb was becoming annoying; it became wonder goal from the left practice for opponents. 

But he won the league and the players liked him.

But he's gone.   Could be for the best

You make a good point about the inverted right back. It's yet another example of why the bullshit philosophy don't work. It was supposed to give more protection to us in the transition. 

It made it so easy for the likes of even Millwall and Plymouth to defend against the Wingers too because there was no overlapping wing back. 

Give me a Klopp type gegenpress anyday. Even he started to try the inverted bullshit in the end to accommodate TAA's lack of defensive ability and the Liverpool fans were slating it. 

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

You make a good point about the inverted right back. It's yet another example of why the bullshit philosophy don't work. It was supposed to give more protection to us in the transition. 

It made it so easy for the likes of even Millwall and Plymouth to defend against the Wingers too because there was no overlapping wing back. 

Give me a Klopp type gegenpress anyday. Even he started to try the inverted bullshit in the end to accommodate TAA's lack of defensive ability and the Liverpool fans were slating it. 

I don’t think it’s bullshit, just quite hard to get right and needs players to be near perfect all the time. It’s gives overloads in midfield when it works, it’s like having the GK become an extra CB, it allows overloads. It is such a Pep ploy to seek overloads all over the place, it was hardly surprising that Enzo nailed his colours to that particular flag.

Struggle to be too critical of him as we won the league albeit eventually after somewhat of a meal of it,  but then it turned around.

Anyway,  he is gone and just hope we get someone who is different than we have seen before, because as tedious as it could become until Enzo, I also would prefer personally not to revert to times gone previously and innovate a bit.

Good riddance.The players won the league

despite him and his bullshit boring style.

Good job Jamie rallied them over the line

by telling them to mix it up  bit and move the ball forward more quickly at times.

We would have been humiliated playing enzo ball in the Premier league and being caught in possession in critical areas.

When he gets found out at Chelsea it will be back to putting out cones and handing out water bottles for him.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ChrisFilter said:

He didn’t play football like Brendan. Let’s not be childish. 

It was based around the same principles, the difference is Enzo executed it better, as i've said numerous times, I somewhat enjoyed it, there was a reason for it in the Championship and I understood that and this is coming from someone who despises possession based football and playing out from that back but it was the same principles, ideologies and he wouldn't change when it clearly needed changing - So much so he was publicly disappointed when we won 5-0 with our best performance of the season....WBA under Rodgers ring any bells....Red flags everywhere.

The coming season in the Premier League would have been ****ing disgusting and awful and there would be no reason to play like it.

I predict pmcla26 laughs at this.

Edited by Matt