Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

3 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

For all the stick Neil Warnock gets on here and elsewhere, he certainly knew how to get sides promoted with far fewer talented players. I am not suggesting for one minute he is a comparable footballing coach to Enzo, obviously not. But Colin could really motivate lesser players and was pragmatic in his understanding of what it takes in the Championship, which is often ugly.

Don't know necessarily about Enzo's motivational talents, but he appears to lack pragmatism when it's crucially needed, like now. Idealism is fine if you're Man City talent. I know he's still learning. Let's hope he's taken enough on board about this division to steer us through the next 9 games successfully. 

Let's judge Enzo at the end of the season. You talk about pragmatism - how about not being able to improve the squad I January? How about the injuries we have suffered? How about Chelsea requesting Caseidi back. Think about those factors before you talk about pragmatism. You prefer Neil Warnock's style to Enzo's? Hahaha What a joker! 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Matt said:

Don’t worry about it, the phrase ‘football snobbery’ springs to mind.

The laugh emoji to the post just saw Warnock and insta reacted

• Like 1

Some of the comments in this thread are absolutely bat shit mental. FFS. 🤦 

We came down after the whole Rodgers debacle utterly defeated. Our best players left. He’s come in turned things around. We’re top of the league!!! It’s a long long season. The players are knackered! The Championship is more competitive than the Prem IMO. 

Suggesting we should get rid of our manager because of a difficult few games is mental!!! Rudkin levels of stupidity 

Neil Friggin Warnock ?!?!? 

Edited by Mr.Bingles
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Mr.Bingles said:

We came down after the whole Rodgers debacle utterly defeated. Our best players left. He’s come in turned things around. We’re top of the league!!! It’s a long long season. The players are knackered! The Championship is more competitive than the Prem IMO. 

Suggesting we should get rid of our manager because of a difficult few games is mental!!! Rudkin levels of stupidity 

Where are the Enzo out posts? I haven't seen any?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

“Get upand get him sacked. “

there were others but I can’t be arsed to go back through all the posts.  All very negative. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by Mr.Bingles

18 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Let's judge Enzo at the end of the season. You talk about pragmatism - how about not being able to improve the squad I January? How about the injuries we have suffered? How about Chelsea requesting Caseidi back. Think about those factors before you talk about pragmatism. You prefer Neil Warnock's style to Enzo's? Hahaha What a joker! 

Another one who can't read or do critical analysis. Next.... 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Neil Friggin Warnock ?!?!? 

Another one who can't read or analyse a post. Keep going. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Exactly. I am certainly not. I certainly never advocated getting Neil Warnock in. God, no!! I simply said he was pragmatic in dealing with what he had and I hope Enzo will be with what he has and needs to be in the final 9 games. The beauty or otherwise of social media where people read what they want to read rather than what was posted. 

• Like 1

I think he has done well so far with the players we have available KDH, Winks and Ricardo have been playing all season with no one to bring in thats not his fault, he identified this and tried to get Sensi but the clubs let him down on that.

We have been top all season and now with a few key injuries and players tiring with the amount of games they have played, even Faes, Vester and Mav have played most games this season. Nididi was a big loss and now Ricardo plus its not like we have cover either.

We have created more than enough chances in most games to win some of the games we have lost as well or made better work of it, you can't blame him for players not taking there chances.

The only issue is some of the subs at times but you can't get it right every time.

People expect to much imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think he has done well so far with the players we have available KDH, Winks and Ricardo have been playing all season with no one to bring in thats not his fault, he identified this and tried to get Sensi but the clubs let him down on that.

We have been top all season and now with a few key injuries and players tiring with the amount of games they have played, even Faes, Vester and Mav have played most games this season. Nididi was a big loss and now Ricardo plus its not like we have cover either.

We have created more than enough chances in most games to win some of the games we have lost as well or made better work of it, you can't blame him for players not taking there chances.

The only issue is some of the subs at times but you can't get it right every time.

People expect to much imo.

Absolutely spot on! 

30 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

You mean the Casadei that nearly everyone slated? 

12 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Casadei was getting slated because he wasn't as good as Wilf and KDH, however he was squad depth and that is something we're seriously lacking and something our competitors have/got during January. Like our lead has gone pretty significantly but in terms of points difference against the first half of the season it's just Coventry (-3), QPR (-3), Sheffield Weds (+2), Hull (+1) = -3 net points. The likes of Leeds have tightened on us because when Summerville and Gnonto go down they've got the likes of James to throw on, when Mavididi or Fatawu go down we have to look to the academy 

2 hours ago, Flappit said:

Aren't the other teams playing the same amount of games as us then? How come they're not tired and leggy? 

We've always missed big chances throughout the season, not just now, and teams now know to pack the middle and let us use the wings as all we do is drift aimless balls over that get easily cleared! 

The tiredness thing irritates me too as everyone has been playing the same amount of games. But doesn’t take 30 + games for teams to figure us out. We just aren’t playing as well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

lol. I thought that until he decided to give Hamza the armband, straight after being charged for drink driving (yet another black mark on his record)? Realise he probably didn't have the luxury of dropping him but that was such a disappointing message, which is a real shame since it had probably been his biggest selling point; what he was doing to the culture of the club. Even Brenda dropped players for being complete tools which says a lot.

Yeah that's a really solid point, on one hand it's a private matter, I wouldn't want you sacked if you were drink driving, but at the same time they are paid extortionate amounts and are role models for so many people and ultimately should be held to higher standards. I will say i've mentioned multiple times that Hamza shouldn't be on the pitch for what he did for a while but I mainly meant principled in the context of his approach to football, but strong point nontheless. 

2 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I don't believe that nearly everyone slated him! Only the dum fuchers! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

role models for so many people

Really don't get this. I'm football obsessed. It's the main convo with my kids too. But I'd never expect my kids to treat players as role models, as demi gods. 

Anyone basing their life choices  on a random footballer unknown to them is crackers. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KP Fox said:

I do get that, but I think that is where the fundamental divide in the fanbase appears. Whilst I respect that you feel his not being able to strengthen in January is contributing to why we may be suffering a bit now, the flip side is that we have the best squad in the league, and should not need to be strengthened in order to outplay teams like Sunderland or Hull. Just play to the teams strengths and we should not need to, so for example, our system relies heavily on good central players being able to find passes. If we are short in that department, then any other pragmatic manager would try something else, like, for example, telling JJ or Ricardo/Hamza to overlap,
But we don't, we constantly push the ball to the wingers and more often than not we offer them absolutely no support on the overlap forcing them to turn back and pass back to the defence to recycle the ball. 
Fundamentally that isn't "wrong" but it just shows a real lack of flexibility in the management and in the system. We have 2 of the most dangerous left and right flanks in the division and yet we don't even overlap, something the vast majority of top coaches would come into this squad and implement I would imagine. 

Strengthening would have been great, but how strong do we need to be to win this league? we already have more than enough imo, and more pragmatic coaches would have recognised that.

Edit: I'm obviously well aware that Fatawu and Mavididi have scored goals and created chances this season, but we usually are relying on them being able to create something on their own whether it be taking on a defender or creating some space for themselves, rather than the team creating space for them in the example of the overlap, probably not the best analogy but you get the idea. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Really don't get this. I'm football obsessed. It's the main convo with my kids too. But I'd never expect my kids to treat players as role models, as demi gods. 

Anyone basing their life choices  on a random footballer unknown to them is crackers. 

I don't get it either, more a judgement on modern society where fans idolise celebrities. It's the way we are going, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

The tiredness thing irritates me too as everyone has been playing the same amount of games. But doesn’t take 30 + games for teams to figure us out. We just aren’t playing as well. 

I thought the way we played ,endless passing around etc supposed to save our energy and knacker the other  side out ,seems like its having the opposite  effect with other teams seemingly having more energy and us looking leggy.

Enzo’s done a phenomenal job whether we go up or not. Remember the state Brendan left us in.  Some things such as the officiating, injuries to key players for extended periods have gone against us and may ultimately cost us. I loved it that he was clearly an angry with that incompetent fool yesterday and gave him both barrels. He’s got the passion that we so lacked for the last 2 years with Brendan. I think he’ll walk out on us before we look to move him on. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

…I the flip side is that we have the best squad in the league

….

and should not need to be strengthened in order to outplay teams like Sunderland or Hull. 

See this a lot, and I am not having a go, but who says we have the best squad in the league? The media say it’s us, then it’s Leeds, then Southampton, it’s not quite so cut and dried I think, as those teams have quite a few players who were in the Premier League last season.

I am also glad you added the second point, as if we have this great squad (we don’t, we have great, really great, first team players) but when they are injured we are average, such that teams who graft and get in our face, can often get joy, teams such as Hull and nearly Sunderland.

12 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Enzo’s done a phenomenal job whether we go up or not. Remember the state Brendan left us in.  Some things such as the officiating, injuries to key players for extended periods have gone against us and may ultimately cost us. I loved it that he was clearly an angry with that incompetent fool yesterday and gave him both barrels. He’s got the passion that we so lacked for the last 2 years with Brendan. I think he’ll walk out on us before we look to move him on. 

Don’t agree with this opinion of him doing a phenomenal job if we don’t go up. We’ll of bottled a 10+ points lead if we don’t go up automatically. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

but what if he doesnt get this side promoted? cant see him being a very popular choice for clubs

• Like 1