Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Rodgers has desensitised me somewhat. The fact that the football is bad but he's not behaving like a complete twat has allowed me to give him a bit of leeway. I still want him gone, but I don't feel anywhere the near the visceral disgust towards him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Rodgers has desensitised me somewhat. The fact that the football is bad but he's not behaving like a complete twat has allowed me to give him a bit of leeway. I still want him gone, but I don't feel anywhere the near the visceral disgust towards him. 

Reckon it is because you don't really fancy the abuse those that called for Rodgers to go got?

Does anyone else think they will reserve judgement on this style of play until we (hopefully) play in the Prem next season?

The reason being, I see most games the opponents sit back so deep that we are trying to find ways through a team of 11 players parking the bus. Even with simple humans who can’t play football, it isnt easy to get the ball to scoring opportunities against such an amount of physical obstacles. I think, they do this as they know what we can do if they don’t.

However, in a higher division, teams won’t sit back against us, as they won’t fear what could happen by doing so, which may play into our hands and the passing game we play gets to the end zone quicker.

Also, as a team grows and improves, hopefully the players do also and we get more players suited to the style and positions. It is all transitional and takes time. 

Just how I see it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Reckon it is because you don't really fancy the abuse those that called for Rodgers to go got?

I know what you're saying, but I think it might be more to do with the fact Enzo is fairly likeable and players seem to like him too. 

I actually think he doesn't really want to be here for long, I've said in another thread I think he'll just about squeeze us up, but everyone should part ways amicably at the end of the season for me.

We are going to need an experienced head to navigate through the shit storm of a summer.

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

It's more because there's a lot I like about Maresca, but I think this football is stifling us. 

I don't want him gone, not at this stage anyway, he gets the opportunity to see it through., But I do want him to show he can adapt and see that he see's the things that are going wrong, not necessarily always wrong but at this moment its not working. 

4 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Does anyone else think they will reserve judgement on this style of play until we (hopefully) play in the Prem next season?

The reason being, I see most games the opponents sit back so deep that we are trying to find ways through a team of 11 players parking the bus. Even with simple humans who can’t play football, it isnt easy to get the ball to scoring opportunities against such an amount of physical obstacles. I think, they do this as they know what we can do if they don’t.

However, in a higher division, teams won’t sit back against us, as they won’t fear what could happen by doing so, which may play into our hands and the passing game we play gets to the end zone quicker.

Also, as a team grows and improves, hopefully the players do also and we get more players suited to the style and positions. It is all transitional and takes time. 

Just how I see it.

The teams in the premier league won’t sit back, but they likely won’t have to, because they are vastly superior defensively, and even though we will have more space, we will also probably have less chances to score due to the overall organisation of opponents being better. 

This coupled with the fact that we aren’t exactly flash with the cash needed to improve, I would rather get rid of him and this turgid football before we have a chance. 

And the main issue for me is “as a team grows and improves” 

Where? Our best games were pre December, we are getting worse. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't want him gone, not at this stage anyway, he gets the opportunity to see it through., But I do want him to show he can adapt and see that he see's the things that are going wrong, not necessarily always wrong but at this moment its not working. 

Not gonna happen, I'm afraid. He's far too wedded to this way of playing. Last night he could point to missed chances from Ricardo, Iheanacho and Daka, but really we should be creating far more chances. 

Completely disillusioned with him now. At least after Bristol City you had hope we were just unlucky because Vardy should have had the game won for us before their goal, but we were completely abject yesterday and looked like we were not up for it at all. We finally looked like we wanted something out of the game in the final 10 minutes or so. Not good enough.

His major flaw last night was not rotating the players who were obviously knackered from the KO, apart from Akgun that was probably his 1st and most played team. Not only did he not rotate he moved players like Ndidi to their weaker side.

I'm sure a few more of our fitter possibly less talented/appropriate 2nd team players would have put on a better more "up for it" performance and got us at least a draw.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Interesting how many I'm reading on here that aren't usually that critical that have had enough. That's usually a pretty telling sign.

Just cross our fingers we fluke our way over the line and then look elsewhere in the summer.

Absolutely no chance this happens unfortunately, wouldn’t dismiss Brenda when we were nosediving towards relegation so definitely wont relieve enzo after promotion.

1 hour ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Just how I see it.

He's worth keeping if we get promoted, let him have at least the first 10 games or so to see if it works in the premier league.

If it doesnt or we don't get promoted this season then it's time for him to go.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

How quick times can change, cpl of months ago we had banners in the ground lauding him like he was the second coming. 

The people that did the banners were still singing for him at the last home game, what's your point?

Should we limp over the line and somehow make promotion, I can't envision him lasting until Christmas when we'll be in the bottom three.

He's frustrating, but I feel pure vitriol towards Rodgers and that's the difference. 

Enzo just seems out of his depth. Rodgers sabotaged the club because he wanted to be proved right. 

• Like 3

I remember when Pearson told the story of Ferguson giving him a ring with some advice. He listened and took it onboard.

I have to wonder if Pep has offered his tuppence worth and whether Enzo has listened. 

Effectively, Enzo is still early in his new career role. He should be listening and learning. In education, we always teach self reflection and trying new methods. When you want people to achieve something and your current way isn't working, you change it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The teams in the premier league won’t sit back, but they likely won’t have to, because they are vastly superior defensively, and even though we will have more space, we will also probably have less chances to score due to the overall organisation of opponents being better. 

This coupled with the fact that we aren’t exactly flash with the cash needed to improve, I would rather get rid of him and this turgid football before we have a chance. 

And the main issue for me is “as a team grows and improves” 

Where? Our best games were pre December, we are getting worse. 

I meant as a team grows and improves over a longer time period not within a few months. Over a couple of seasons. Look at Arsenal under Arteta, it takes time. 

1 hour ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Just how I see it.

I think this is clutching at straws.  No way can we play this way against the top 8-10 teams as they will simply be better than us at keeping the ball.  The rest like a Palace or a Brentford, even a Forest will just sit back and pick us off everytime we overplay ourselves into difficulty.  Lets face it, Middlesbrough, QPR and Millwall have done this to us in the last half a dozen games.

1 minute ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Look at Arsenal under Arteta, it takes time.

And money. Lots of it. Arsenal have got almost limitless resources to acquire the players needed to play Pep-ball. We haven't. We've got a mixture of bottom-half Prem players and decent Championship players. What we're doing is the equivalent trying to put on a production of King Lear, with the cast of Hollyoaks.

• Haha 1