Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

19 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Fvck knows what Cannon must think when shit like Daka start’s or comes on ahead of him. Same as Coady and Souttar with Faes starting. Find Enzo baffling with his comments and team selection. 

The standard man management is as bad as Rodgers. 

You never know when you're going to need to turn to these players because of injuries. At least involve them.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Fvck knows what Cannon must think when shit like Daka start’s or comes on ahead of him. Same as Coady and Souttar with Faes starting. Find Enzo baffling with his comments and team selection. 

Especially when he’s going to be the only striker out of the current bunch here next season 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Souttar and Coady at the back....most Championship teams would die to have those two characters in their defence.

They cost us 22.5m combined but are frozen out 🙄

Yet excuses are made for scheduling.

Use your squad!!! 

The squad might not be as good as the starting 11, but the squad would walk into most other teams starting 11's in this league, they're more than good adequate to be used and rotated.

In fairness am I right in saying Souttar is injured? But he's not been injured all season!

If it's a case of those players don't suit your style or philosophy then stop thinking it's beneath you to alter or change tact to get the best out of them.

Don't bemoan your players are being ran into the ground when there are options on the table, options that are chosen not to be used.

We can moan about players sitting on contracts and not moving on but this club gives those contracts out then equally ruins players and their careers.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Use your squad!!! 

The squad might not be as good as the starting 11, but the squad would walk into most other teams starting 11's in this league, they're more than good adequate to be used and rotated.

In fairness am I right in saying Souttar is injured? But he's not been injured all season!

We can moan about players sitting on contracts and not moving on but this club gives those contracts out then equally ruins players and their careers.

Souttar is injured but never used anyway. Remember when he came on v Birmingham to close out the win at their place? Never seen him since.

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

In fairness am I right in saying Souttar is injured

53 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Souttar is injured but never used anyway

He played for the Socceroo's just 2 weeks ago....did he pick up a injury? Because he played the full 90mins. 

Just looked at his twitter and interestingly there's no mention of Leicester city 🤔 just the Socceroo's and his previous club Stoke 

10 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

All managers complain about scheduling, yes. 

The problem here is in the same press conference he’s also referenced a perfectly capable promising young striker who he is choosing not to utilise. That alongside a very experienced CB in Coady, a RW in albrighton. 

We’ve also seen very little of Souttar, Wanya (after a perfectly acceptable performance against PL Bournemouth). 

There is a genuine concern re: utilisation of squad and sort of dilutes the “we have too many games” argument somewhat. 

I like Enzo but there are issues with his management which I think is down to experience - he’s got a lot of good about him so if he can develop those, he will be a good manager for someone. 

Correct. This is my moan. It's not dissimilar to Rodgers' moaning about the conditions against Brentford last season when he made one sub. He's chosen to not use lots of the squad and rotate despite doing so earlier in the season, despite a largely rotated side winning at Bournemouth.

I can't escape the idea he's lost the enthusiasm for this. Probably quite easy to when you see some of the shitshow going on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I absolutely hate that attitude and statement from Enzo.

It may be true, but in this crucial moment in the season, I want to hear him talk about how our players are warriors and ready to battle for promotion.

What is the point of his statement? It’s not going to change the schedule. It just prepares an excuse for him and the players and gives them the wrong mindset.

It really feels like we are tumbling over the finishing line here and Enzo is part of the reason why.

If he does get us promoted and stays on. I hope he learns some big lessons from these last few months, as he has not adapted to this challenging period well at all IMO.

We are all flawed and need to learn... and that includes enzo.  If he learns lessons from this season it will be valuable.   However, my worry is that most coaches are stubborn... it takes a lot of self belief to be a coach and this can inhibit learning.  I hope I am wrong in enzos case.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s an interesting quandary and makes me wonder who would be the ideal candidate. It’s easy to say Pearson as a builder,  but is that that the type we need right now? This feels like a strange job against such uncertainty and restriction, someone to make us survive against the choppy times maybe.

He wouldn’t probably be interested now and cost too much but last summer I (and some others) were suggesting Mark Robins as it was obvious we needed a rebuilding job (even though the extent of the finances were not apparent then) and he had picked up Coventry at a low point in league two and had year on year improvement with them. I and those others were laughed at as clearly he wasn’t a fancy enough name but he’s having another top year with them lot and I think he’d have been a very good shout to navigate us through this time.

• Like 3

It’s a good job he isn’t managing Truro City. Imagine what his thoughts in scheduling would be….

1 Apr Chippenham Town 0 - 0
4 Apr Hemel Hempstead Town 0 - 2
6 Apr Aveley 1 - 1
8 Apr Torquay United 1 - 2
10 Apr Eastbourne Borough 0 - 0
11 Apr Yeovil Town 0 - 2
13 Apr Maidstone United 3pm
16 Apr Dover Athletic 7.45pm
18 Apr Weymouth 7.45pm
20 Apr Dartford 3pm

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Use your squad!!! 

If it's a case of those players don't suit your style or philosophy then stop thinking it's beneath you to alter or change tact to get the best out of them.

Don't bemoan your players are being ran into the ground when there are options on the table, options that are chosen not to be used.

And that ladies and gentlemen is his biggest problem in a nutshell.

I've posted similar countless times.

Even some of the staunchest EnzoBall lovers have hi-lighted that players in certain positions aren't up to the job and lack the technical aspects to make EnzoBall tick properly.

But even though the hi-lighted part of Matt's post is just good old fashioned common sense to get the best out of any situation.

It's not the way we play.

It's not the identity.

It's not EnzoBall.

9 hours ago, weller54 said:

IMG_20240411_213318.jpg

To which Ian Foster manager of Plymouth Argyle replied: "Does that involve walking the ball around at the back, giving my players time to get back into defensive shape, and parking the bus, whilst you attack at pace equaling the speed of a tortoise, having Daka miss 3 open goals, and then Wout Faes giving the ball away so my strikers can run at your goal to get ahead".

Enzo now fears there may be a mole in the dressing room giving away pre match tactics. 

• Like 1

He blames fatigue , travel etc well he has a squad and he can rotate the team more, you have players there that can perform at this level: the likes of Albrighton / Coady etc , come on Enzo shake it up a bit.

• Like 1

Apologies if this has already been said but I am so fed up of disliking the manager & supporting a team that is genuinely really hard to like. The lack of professionalism, ruthlessness, excitement isn't acceptable for a side with 10 times the spending power of the teams at the other end of the table. 

You've got plonkers like Mavididi coming out and saying 'I just love proving the haters wrong', then putting in a performance like the one he did on Wednesday. Pathetic.

Then you've got an attitude from the top which is *AGAIN* shifting blame from themselves to somewhere else with Enzo talking about the schedule. Genuinely Enzo, get ****ed. It's the same for everyone, however not everyone has a squad of 15+ international players in the sodding championship. 

If you're so worried about the schedule then utilise your coaching ability to make your £100m reserves capable of playing the way you want them to play, or, god forbid, experiment with different ways of playing so that you can rotate your squad and use the likes of Souttar, Coady, Stolarczyk, Praet, Yunus, Cannon, Kelechi, etc etc. 

I'm so fed up of not one person (Potentially Vardy aside) standing up and taking some accountability at this football club, and then acting on it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Apologies if this has already been said but I am so fed up of disliking the manager & supporting a team that is genuinely really hard to like. The lack of professionalism, ruthlessness, excitement isn't acceptable for a side with 10 times the spending power of the teams at the other end of the table. 

You've got plonkers like Mavididi coming out and saying 'I just love proving the haters wrong', then putting in a performance like the one he did on Wednesday. Pathetic.

Then you've got an attitude from the top which is *AGAIN* shifting blame from themselves to somewhere else with Enzo talking about the schedule. Genuinely Enzo, get ****ed. It's the same for everyone, however not everyone has a squad of 15+ international players in the sodding championship. 

If you're so worried about the schedule then utilise your coaching ability to make your £100m reserves capable of playing the way you want them to play, or, god forbid, experiment with different ways of playing so that you can rotate your squad and use the likes of Souttar, Coady, Stolarczyk, Praet, Yunus, Cannon, Kelechi, etc etc. 

I'm so fed up of not one person (Potentially Vardy aside) standing up and taking some accountability at this football club, and then acting on it. 

Bang on fella. Only question I have is, does Enzo properly have a cob on about scheduling and is just whining. Or is he trying to deflect the heat off his players. Both he's doing poorly. But I'd be interested to understand his mindset. 

People need to stop seeing what they want to see as it really makes no difference if you have a massive cob on now or at the end of the season, so why not wait until we have facts to deal with and loose our shit then? (if required)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

People need to stop seeing what they want to see as it really makes no difference if you have a massive cob on now or at the end of the season, so why not wait until we have facts to deal with and loose our shit then? (if required)

So come on Dahnsouf tell us did you enjoy the Match Tuesday night? and is the team, are tired due to too many matches a genuine gripe, or is it not the same for those at either end of the table? Do we or do we not have an experienced bench of substitutes that do or dont get used?, it's easy to say let's wait and see the facts etc,  I'm not disagreeing with you or your point of view, but i can see why some are not happy, after Tuesday's woeful encounter with Millwall, I am at a loss for words, with the team, resources, training ground, depth of squad, experience, facilities, etc etc that are a bit better than say, Millwall's we should be playing better, I'm not saying we should win, but should absolutely be playing better than we did, they did not perform or show any desire, and it's not the first time, if the manager is complaining about being tired that will work it's way into the team, he is supposed to be motivating a tired team, getting the max from them etc, Millwall were everything we were not Tuesday hungry desire to win motivated.  If your waiting for the facts to be able to lose ur shit, then you'll be waiting a long time we still have no insight into the results of the review after relegation, people are right to say it how it is Tuesday nights match motivated me to say how shit we were because  we were.

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We are at the stage where every word get hyper analysed and people are just making up what they want from what they are reading. I imagine most commenting on the fatigue point haven't seen the press conference anyway.

Lets get behind the team and get this over the line. 

21 minutes ago, Vazman said:

So come on Dahnsouf tell us did you enjoy the Match Tuesday night? and is the team, are tired due to too many matches a genuine gripe, or is it not the same for those at either end of the table? Do we or do we not have an experienced bench of substitutes that do or dont get used?, it's easy to say let's wait and see the facts etc,  I'm not disagreeing with you or your point of view, but i can see why some are not happy, after Tuesday's woeful encounter with Millwall, I am at a loss for words, with the team, resources, training ground, depth of squad, experience, facilities, etc etc that are a bit better than say, Millwall's we should be playing better, I'm not saying we should win, but should absolutely be playing better than we did, they did not perform or show any desire, and it's not the first time, if the manager is complaining about being tired that will work it's way into the team, he is supposed to be motivating a tired team, getting the max from them etc, Millwall were everything we were not Tuesday hungry desire to win motivated.  If your waiting for the facts to be able to lose ur shit, then you'll be waiting a long time we still have no insight into the results of the review after relegation, people are right to say it how it is Tuesday nights match motivated me to say how shit we were because  we were.

Each of the teams pushing for the top 2 spots are finding the run in hard. Form is going to be inconsistent for everyone. We had a very good game against Norwich, an OK game with a brilliant ending with Brum, and a very poor game against Millwall.  Ipswich look totally spent in their 2nd half against Watford, and Leeds looked poor against a ropey Sunderland. Maybe all the top 3 win their next games, or maybe we all continue to have stinkers.

No one is going to say they were happy with the Millwall game (i think it was our worst performance of the season), but the players are not going to be immune from the pressure and there is an astonishing level of arrogance in thinking that we should just blow a Millwall away.   I don't actually think players weren't motivated - i saw no evidence of that. Millwall played out their tactics perfectly but we still created chances and we should have come away with a draw. Also, Millwall would have seen as a free hit (kind of how Sunderland would have viewed the Leeds game) - in that situation, the pressure is off.

Just because Tuesday was shit doesn't mean the 2 games before were also shit, and doesn't mean the next one will be. All 3 of the top teams are going to drop more points in the final 4/5 games. Any fan who thinks they are going to blow every team away is going to be dissapointed.  

Edited by Chelmofox