Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

25 minutes ago, Vazman said:

So come on Dahnsouf tell us did you enjoy the Match Tuesday night? and is the team, are tired due to too many matches a genuine gripe, or is it not the same for those at either end of the table? Do we or do we not have an experienced bench of substitutes that do or dont get used?, it's easy to say let's wait and see the facts etc,  I'm not disagreeing with you or your point of view, but i can see why some are not happy, after Tuesday's woeful encounter with Millwall, I am at a loss for words, with the team, resources, training ground, depth of squad, experience, facilities, etc etc that are a bit better than say, Millwall's we should be playing better, I'm not saying we should win, but should absolutely be playing better than we did, they did not perform or show any desire, and it's not the first time, if the manager is complaining about being tired that will work it's way into the team, he is supposed to be motivating a tired team, getting the max from them etc, Millwall were everything we were not Tuesday hungry desire to win motivated.  If your waiting for the facts to be able to lose ur shit, then you'll be waiting a long time we still have no insight into the results of the review after relegation, people are right to say it how it is Tuesday nights match motivated me to say how shit we were because  we were.

1. No, Tuesday was dreadful, proper dreadful but I soon realised post pissing my pants that my unexpected anger achieved the square root of sod all, as it turned out Enzo was not listening to the sound of my sodden trousers and yet worse still,  would not deign to wash my sodden pants.
  2. Not saying it is wrong to lose our shit, but if that’s all there is, then yes, it kinda is as it a self gratifying pity fest.

edit sorry, seem to be in a bit of a mood today. :)

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Each of the teams pushing for the top 2 spots are finding the run in hard. Form is going to be inconsistent for everyone. We had a very good game against Norwich, an OK game with a brilliant ending with Brum, and a very poor game against Millwall.  Ipswich look totally spent in their 2nd half against Watford, and Leeds looked poor against a ropey Sunderland. Maybe all the top 3 win their next games, or maybe we all continue to have stinkers.

No one is going to say they were happy with the Millwall game (i think it was our worst performance of the season), but the players are not going to be immune from the pressure and there is an astonishing level of arrogance in thinking that we should just blow a Millwall away.   I don't actually think players weren't motivated - i saw no evidence of that. Millwall played out their tactics perfectly but we still created chances and we should have come away with a draw. Also, Millwall would have seen as a free hit (kind of how Sunderland would have viewed the Leeds game) - in that situation, the pressure is off.

Just because Tuesday was shit doesn't mean the 2 games before were also shit, and doesn't mean the next one will be. All 3 of the top teams are going to drop more points in the final 4/5 games. Any fan who thinks they are going to blow every team away is going to be dissapointed.  

That's your opinion and some of what you say is true and some negotiable, I disagree with the motivation and desire, Millwall displayed it we didnt, and lost, I never said we should have won, because that's arrogant and entitled to say so, I said we should have played better than we did, I also agree we played well against Norwich 100% we did.

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

That's your opinion and some of what you say is true and some negotiable, I disagree with the motivation and desire, Millwall displayed it we didnt, and lost, I never said we should have won, because that's arrogant and entitled to say so, I said we should have played better than we did, I also agree we played well against Norwich 100% we did.

I 100% agree we should have played better. Even if Nacho could have directed that header anywhere other than the only spot it could be cleared it would have papered over an exceptionally poor game.

There is a formula to stifling us and Millwall both executed it and scored one of their 2 shots on target. 

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:
  1. No, Tuesday was dreadful, proper dreadful but I soon realised post pissing my pants that my unexpected anger achieved the square root of sod all, as it turned out Enzo was not listening to the sound of my sodden trousers and yet worse still,  would not deign to wash my sodden pants.
  2. Not saying it is wrong to lose our shit, but if that’s all there is, then yes, it kinda is as it a self gratifying pity fest.

edit sorry, seem to be in a bit of a mood today. :)

We all deal with stuff differently, I am not anti Enzo, far from it, but I expected better Tuesday evening, I appreciate people have their own opinions as to why we didnt play well but I just can't think of 1 that justified the shit show that's all.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vazman said:

We all deal with stuff differently, I am not anti Enzo, far from it, but I expected better Tuesday evening, I appreciate people have their own opinions as to why we didnt play well but I just can't think of 1 that justified the shit show that's all.

Tbh, I was horrified with that performance on Tuesday and I totally expect better, but will we get it? I am not convinced, but whilst he is here he has my support, as there can be no change at this point, personnel or mentality.

Sorry to be so laissez faire, but I cannot get wound up by him at present due to the reasons above.

• Like 1

I’ve had it with him now. Get him gone. 

possession for the sake of it. Don’t look like scoring in most games and have zero patterns or creativity. 

the squad he’s got and we look completely out of ideas. 

• Like 3

There are people on here much more clued up on patterns of play, more modern tactics than simple give and go’s etc.

BUT can someone please actually explain what Enzo’s current tactics are.

We have no ideas on the pitch, we play with a high line but don’t seem to press as a team. 

Daka is playing like a competition winner and Ndidi can’t run (which he’s in the team for), Abdul and Stephy seem to slow everything down and we concede goals for fun 😢

I'll say it once more before turning o er to the golf and hoping we win. We are ****ing Toilet and are carrying 5 or 6 absolute garbage players. With a manager who can't won't or hasn't got the imagination to do anything about it.

**** this.

I feel like we're getting our just desserts for deciding we're too good for this league and picking the manager that projects the club's delusions of grandeur over taking an approach grounded in reality.

With the players available a solid manager with a proven track record at this level would have seen us comfortably promoted.

Instead we have a bloke who has never had a proper management job losing game after game because his style has zero pragmatism.