Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

Guest ChrisWalken456

Both teams defending excellently. Our attacking decisions can be quite frustrating but if the game opens up 2nd half then I'm sure we'll create more chances and hopefully nick one or two. The home games are going to be harder than the aways this season, unless we get some early goals. 

Guest Col city fan

One of my mates there watching the game today. Has just text to say it was one of the most pedestrian and dull games he’s seen in recent times!

😂

1 minute ago, Oldblueyes said:

And Enzo gets upset with the home crowd. Open your eyes and look at the score and see why the crowd gets slightly frustrated.

Sorry, should Enzo be demanding opposing teams come out and play attacking football against us? They're sitting in, the game plan was just don't get beat, as it will be for the majority of sides that come here this season 

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

This has been a recurring theme of so many managers for well over a decade now, even Nige had this problem, I wonder what it is exactly that makes Leicester City teams so slow to get into games?

It's not all the time.. just seem off it today. Move the ball quicker.. get that right and we'd batter teams like this

This is the deepest block we’ve seen all season. Frequently all 11 Bristol City players are in their own third. Very much attack versus defence. They’ve come for 0-0!

Decision making in the final third has been poor but Bristol are getting tired. We look sharper than against Hull in my opinion. 

This has late winners written all over it. I hope so anyway. Fatawu looks exciting, Mavididi getting the ball a lot too. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

If the other team comes and parks the bus we are going to have trouble against most of these teams at home

Can see our away record being better than our home record by the end of the season 

• Like 1

Just now, Drink Water said:

We are severely lacking a Maddison replacement and this first half is a good example of it.

A Maddison replacement for the Championship?

I think what we have is fine for this formation. Can worry about needing that level of creativity when we are back in the Premier League. We aren't replacing him in any form at this level.

We could go for someone like Chair but I think Maresca wants the ball won back high by this attacking players too. Which Ndidi and KDH do very well. Better than Maddison did too ironically.

Bristol are organised and solid in defence. Many times they'll have 2 or 3 pressing the ball, with very little between the lines. 

That bank of 5 when defending has restricted them to very few opportunities.

It's our final ball that's cost us a couple of chances - we are still wasteful which is fine when you're generating 20+ shots but not when it's tight.

We've looked quick on the break and that's likely where a goal will come from, but that relies on smart decisions from Mavididi and Fatawu...

I'm really enjoying watching us this season but many home games are going to be frustrating like today. We know most teams are going to camp 11 men behind the ball and that's exactly what happened against Hull and same today. One mistake by us can then cost us like it did against Hull and nearly did at the end of the half then. We just need to be more clinical in the final 3rd. The final pass/decision making is often poor but I understand how tough it is when at times, there were literally 11 BC players in their own box. We need a goal to bring them out a bit and open up some space. The longer it stays 0-0 the more I worry it goes the same well as Hull. Not being negative though, we are totally dominant and play some lovely stuff and once we get more clinical, we will dish up some serious wallops this season.

• Like 1

Just now, baldeagle said:

Passing way to slow 

Partly our fault but credit has to go to Bristol, they’ve made it very difficult for us to play any slick passes or build any sort of momentum. Matty James sprinting back to keep up with Mavididi sums up their performance. A very solid display from them so far. 

We miss a classic number 10 who could help unlock teams like this.