Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

This is the deepest block we’ve seen all season. Frequently all 11 Bristol City players are in their own third. Very much attack versus defence. They’ve come for 0-0!

Decision making in the final third has been poor but Bristol are getting tired. We look sharper than against Hull in my opinion. 

This has late winners written all over it. I hope so anyway. Fatawu looks exciting, Mavididi getting the ball a lot too. 

Hope not as I can see a late winner going against us.. come out firing, move the ball sharper.. early goal and quickly double the lead and put it to bed. 

If we score early we'll grab a couple more when they push out 

• Like 1

Just now, Manini said:

Nige has had back surgery hasn’t he? 

I assume he's had it, it was scheduled for the October international break but had to be brought forward, as far as I saw he was expected to be missing in the dugout for a couple of weeks though, so either he's had it and recovery has been good or he's not yet had it and it's only managable with crutches right now.

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

A Maddison replacement for the Championship?

I think what we have is fine for this formation. Can worry about needing that level of creativity when we are back in the Premier League. We aren't replacing him in any form at this level.

We could go for someone like Chair but I think Maresca wants the ball won back high by this attacking players too. Which Ndidi and KDH do very well. Better than Maddison did too ironically.

We can get promoted without a Maddison replacement.

Then spend the big money on the right player when the time comes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is the deepest block we’ve seen all season. Frequently all 11 Bristol City players are in their own third. Very much attack versus defence. They’ve come for 0-0!

Decision making in the final third has been poor but Bristol are getting tired. We look sharper than against Hull in my opinion. 

This has late winners written all over it. I hope so anyway. Fatawu looks exciting, Mavididi getting the ball a lot too. 

Totally agree 

poor final passes or passes or passes in the final third letting us down

Not surprised to see us controlling the game given how deep they’re playing but to expect us to just rip through them is simply naive 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

One of my mates there watching the game today. Has just text to say it was one of the most pedestrian and dull games he’s seen in recent times!

😂

Your mate must be facing the wrong way. 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Hope not as I can see a late winner going against us.. come out firing, move the ball sharper.. early goal and quickly double the lead and put it to bed. 

Even if we go a goal up, I would expect them to play the same way and then look to nick an equaliser late on 

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

That didnt hit Vestys arm.... Rolled over his body.

I am watching on robins tv and they seem to think it did, it clearly didn’t 😂

They had nothing to say on the one 5 seconds later that clearly bounced up and hit their players arm, albeit outside the box

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

I feel the same. We need to fly at them as soon as the 2nd half kicks off and get a goal as early as possible. The longer it stays 0-0 the more I fear Hull all over again 

5 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

And Enzo gets upset with the home crowd. Open your eyes and look at the score and see why the crowd gets slightly frustrated.

Its a catch 22 !!

The team play better when the fans are behind them but the fans are only behind them when they play better.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Finnegan said:

JJ is coming on. Please god say Ricky isn't broken. 

Ricky is made of marshmallows. I’m surprised he’s lasted this long tbh

Watching the little river and we're clearly a level or two above these. We're quicker, fitter, better on the ball and play more sophisticated football.

That's not a surprise to anyone, least of all Bristol City. That's why they've come and parked the bus. Their aim is to come here and grind out a draw or nick a smash and grab 1-0 win. They don't owe anyone failed attempts to match us pass for pass and ending up getting spanked 6-0 in the name of entertaining football. We have to get used to it and find a way to counter it, because most teams will do this at our place.

Edited by Bilo