Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

Just now, Finnegan said:

He's 100% definitely coming on he's got his kit on and doing an intense warm up. 

I dont remember Ricky looking hurt so hopefully not that? 

Abdul was doing a lot of the defensive work on the right so possibly. Ricky didn't look to be struggling but maybe precautionary

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I feel the same. We need to fly at them as soon as the 2nd half kicks off and get a goal as early as possible. The longer it stays 0-0 the more I fear Hull all over again 

Yes exactly.. we've seen how Pearson works when he was in charge here in the first PL season. Kept us in games as long as possible and then hope for a chance.

It'll be 2-0 leicester by 60mins in Enzo I trust

We need someone with pace to catch them on the counter. The few times we've been able to counter there's been space to put the ball into for someone with pace to run on to but vardy hasn't looked up to it. We've had the ball wide on half way line a few times where someone could just push it through or over the top but nobody been on the shoulder of last man. 

Just now, Bilo said:

Watching the thread and we're clearly a level or two above these. We're quicker, fitter, better on the ball and play more sophisticated football.

That's not a surprise to anyone, least of all Bristol City. That's why they've come and parked the bus. Their aim is to come here and grind out a draw or nick a smash and grab 1-0 win. They don't owe anyone failed attempts to match us pass for pass and ending up getting spanked 6-0 in the name of entertaining football. We have to get used to it and find a way to counter it, because most teams will do this at our place.

It's a shame really, from what i've seen on the OTIB forum, Bristol City fans understand Pearson now after a few rocky seasons and seem to really love him and buy into his system (as we did) and he's just being completely hampered by lack of investment. I hope Nige sticks it out and gets the investment needed as I've no doubt he could get them where they want to be if he was given money. Shame that he has to come here and park the bus.

I saw a comment saying Nige got a back injury trying to push the club uphill lol

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Even if we go a goal up, I would expect them to play the same way and then look to nick an equaliser late on 

Tbf you're probably right, but I'd like to think once we find a way we'll do it again whether they sit in or not

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Totally agree 

poor final passes or passes or passes in the final third letting us down

Not surprised to see us controlling the game given how deep they’re playing but to expect us to just rip through them is simply naive 

This is the point. Southampton and Norwich played pretty open so the chances and spaces were there. When a team puts 11 behind the ball it doesn't matter who you are, it's not going to be easy.

You are going to see this type of game every week at the KP!