Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool pre match - EFL Cup

Daka could be useful on the counter in this one, although not sure we’ll see him for us again. Iheanacho if not.

Imagine they’ll rest quite a few but could still serve as a decent barometer of how we’re doing.

Stolarczyk      
          Nelson - Coady - Justin

Hamza - Winks

Fatawu - Casadei - Akgun - Mcateer    
                            Daka

10 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I don't see why we can't take this seriously and make a few changes. I want us to go as far as we can in any competition so I'm not agreeing with those happy to just get dumped out for the sake of the league. 

Agree, I don't think we will get through and the league is obviously the main priority but let's give it a bloody good go! Would love a cup win against Liverpool! Let's not just throw it! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Stola

Faes Coady Justin

Hamza Ndidi 

Wanya Casadei Yunus Fatawu

Daka

Maybe Albrighton for Fatawu and Nelson for Faes but this will be there or thereabouts you’d say. 

• Like 1

Important to get as close to 90 mins as possible in for the likes of Coady, Akgün and Casadei - we’ll need the entire squad to maintain a good level of match sharpness throughout the season.

I’d go:

Stolarczyk

Faes

Coady

JJ

Hamza

Winks

Akgün

Casadei

Ndidi

Fatawu

Daka

Edited by Devonfox1884

It's a shame we got such a hard team this early on. If we got them in the Quarters or Semis (assuming we got that far), by that time we could have really given them a game. To be honest, I feel like we could give them a hell of a game now, but it seems like there's too much to risk putting in a guts and glory effort when the games come so thick and fast for us in the league.

You'd expect a loss, but I wouldn't put it past us to cause a surprise here. They probably don't care about this cup, given they've got Europa this season. I think they will play a strong team, but it will be players that aren't so familiar with the system yet. The problem is, we will probably do the same thing!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Koke said:

Can't be bothered with this game tbh. Looking ahead to Blackburn instead.

Can’t agree.

It is not just an important test to see where we are at Premier League level (yes they will play some kids though), but if we play well it will be a good confidence booster into the next phase of the season because everyone has been comparing us still as a Premier League team. If we just give up, it will be bad for mentality - “what? so we can’t crack it afterall and we are not good enough to get promoted?”

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I don't see why we can't take this seriously and make a few changes. I want us to go as far as we can in any competition so I'm not agreeing with those happy to just get dumped out for the sake of the league. 

Agree. Loser mentality otherwise. Let’s not be Brendan Rodgers here.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's a shame we got such a hard team this early on. If we got them in the Quarters or Semis (assuming we got that far), by that time we could have really given them a game. To be honest, I feel like we could give them a hell of a game now, but it seems like there's too much to risk putting in a guts and glory effort when the games come so thick and fast for us in the league.

You'd expect a loss, but I wouldn't put it past us to cause a surprise here. They probably don't care about this cup, given they've got Europa this season. I think they will play a strong team, but it will be players that aren't so familiar with the system yet. The problem is, we will probably do the same thing!

If Enzo is the type of manager I like him to be, he will go for this one with a positive mentality and try to win. If we can be competitive, it will give everyone a good confidence booster that we are good enough. If we try to dodge this, it is tapping back in to the loser mentality Rodgers had long installed into this team. Foxes should be fearless. Why should we fear? 

We don’t have to win, but Enzo will gain a bit more respect from me if he shows a winning attitude.

Edited by Tom12345

Rest as many of the 11 who we intend to start next weekend. With the injury to Doyle, I would not be risking Justin in this game. Coady, Nelson and Soutter would all start at the back  for me. Choudhary in the Winks role, with Casadei and Yunus in front of him in midfield. Marçal and Albrighton on the wings with Iheanacho up front. Thus still leaves us one player short at the back, but I'd be happy to give another u23 player a run out as well as having a couple more on the bench.