Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool pre match - EFL Cup

Another opportunity to embed the footballing style Enzo is trying to get into them. Rotate a few players but 100% play for the win. 

With the squad we have, we should be going for the league and cups. The amount of rotation he's doing in the league games, we won't tire through the season like others. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Another opportunity to embed the footballing style Enzo is trying to get into them. Rotate a few players but 100% play for the win. 

With the squad we have, we should be going for the league and cups. The amount of rotation he's doing in the league games, we won't tire through the season like others. 

I agree. I'd only rotate a couple of players. Give this group a taste of Anfield. I'd absolutely select Fatuwu, Winks, Ndidi, etc. We've got to play to win - it's unlikely Liverpool will play their best players so we do have a slight chance.

• Like 3

He will put a strong team out, think he will see this as an important test. I’d definitely want to rest people personally though, long season ahead.

Think Coady makes his debut.

I’d play:

Stolarczyk

Faes Coady Justin

Choudhury Casadei

Marcal Akgun KDH Albrighton

Iheanacho

I don’t think that is what he will play but there’s a few things I’d want to look at.

- Great opportunity to see Coady whilst recognising that Vestergaard is playing very well

I’ve deliberately chosen Casadei in the deeper role, I’ve not been impressed with him as an 8 but he’s tidy in possession and physical. And I don’t feel we have a lot of cover there until Braybrooke is fit. Good chance to see if he can play that role if Winks gets injured.

- Albrighton comes in to support Justin and Casadei down that side. Gets minutes into his legs, think we will need every body in the squad this season.

- Can’t see Daka getting a look in.

We look light in defence. Can’t see Souttar in the wide CB role.

• Like 1

We have enough midweek league games as it is. 

We have 38 league games to play, that’s a whole premier league season but beginning in October. 

We really don’t need this fixture this year. In previous years we could win this competition but right now we can’t. 

• Like 2

Can see that we should be looking to win but we still have the need get back into the Prem. If we play fringe players and Liverpool do play a strong team it could really knock the confidence of those players... equally, those players could make their mark. 

So for what it's worth....

I think it's far too early in the season to be worrying about 'focussing on the league' and actually given that we've had a break from Sat to Weds and then don't play until Sunday lunch, I see no reason why he'd do anything other than make 4 or 5 changes like he has been doing for midweek league games. 

It's all about momentum and learning the style of play. We're in a league where you can win 7 in a row at the end of the season and jump from lower mid table to the play offs, it's ridiculous to be saying 'play the kids', we've no idea what's coming down the road, but surprisingly for the championship there's a rather large gap between us and 4th at this stage!

We've got more than enough of a squad rotate and still be strong. Some area's are a little concerning for sure, for example I wouldn't play JJ if Doyle has got an injury. But other than that I think it'll just be like a normal midweek league game level of rotation. 

Absolutely no reason to change the goalkeeper either! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m really quite annoyed that winks didn’t just wave an imaginary card at the ref and take a yellow at the end of the game. Would have been the perfect time to take the ban  

yellow cards only count for the competitions in which they are recieved.