Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool pre match - EFL Cup

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Is this on tele anywhere in the world? 

Any proper fan would pay a subscription fee... 

Just so you STILL can't watch or listen to the game 🫣 on LCFC.COM TV

Don't be that person 

it's not big and it's not clever 🫣

Bring back ceefax or club call for upto date info 

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

So for what it's worth....

I think it's far too early in the season to be worrying about 'focussing on the league' and actually given that we've had a break from Sat to Weds and then don't play until Sunday lunch, I see no reason why he'd do anything other than make 4 or 5 changes like he has been doing for midweek league games. 

It's all about momentum and learning the style of play. We're in a league where you can win 7 in a row at the end of the season and jump from lower mid table to the play offs, it's ridiculous to be saying 'play the kids', we've no idea what's coming down the road, but surprisingly for the championship there's a rather large gap between us and 4th at this stage!

We've got more than enough of a squad rotate and still be strong. Some area's are a little concerning for sure, for example I wouldn't play JJ if Doyle has got an injury. But other than that I think it'll just be like a normal midweek league game level of rotation. 

Absolutely no reason to change the goalkeeper either! 

I completely agree.

Too early in the season to bin off a club competition, and it gives our players a taste of how 'our style' will fair in the Prem. I think we will play mostly on the counter but I predict there will be space for our players to operate in.

I anticipate some changes but not wholesale - If we do that we may as well forfeit and I dont think Enzo is going to squander the chance to test his players against elite opposition. 

• Like 2

On 24/09/2023 at 08:09, Devonfox1884 said:

Important to get as close to 90 mins as possible in for the likes of Coady, Akgün and Casadei - we’ll need the entire squad to maintain a good level of match sharpness throughout the season.

I’d go:

Stolarczyk

Faes

Coady

JJ

Hamza

Winks

Akgün

Casadei

Ndidi

Fatawu

Daka

Nearly the exact same team I would like to see start, but I would put Hermansen in still. 

• Like 1

Daka won’t play if we have to pay £5m when he gets to his 65th appearance for us. 

I didn’t know if he’d give Souttar a game. 

Stola

Hamza   Souttar     Coady     Nelson

Marcel Casadei Akgun Albrighton

Iheanacho

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

We have enough midweek league games as it is. 

We have 38 league games to play, that’s a whole premier league season but beginning in October. 

We really don’t need this fixture this year. In previous years we could win this competition but right now we can’t. 

Enzo is rotating well though and these championship matches are nowhere near the intensity of the Premier League. I dont think we are going to burn out, our players dont even seem out of breath after a match.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Enzo is rotating well though and these championship matches are nowhere near the intensity of the Premier League. I dont think we are going to burn out, our players dont even seem out of breath after a match.

We seem much fitter this season which is a bit ongoing a sad reflection on Rodgers. The rotation helps of course, but individually we seem far better. It will be an interesting match I think. I don’t anticipate a full strength Liverpool. I still think they will be strong enough and they will come at us, which may play into our hands. 

I for one hope we go for this and win.

The naysayers are forgetting the unbelievably exciting, protracted and nail biting wait for the next rounds draw to take place.

Tension personified

I hope they can stretch it to at least an hour whilst we listen to some absolute dribble from incoherent, ill informed.'pundits.

Be honest. You do too.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tanya said:

I completely agree.

Too early in the season to bin off a club competition, and it gives our players a taste of how 'our style' will fair in the Prem. I think we will play mostly on the counter but I predict there will be space for our players to operate in.

I anticipate some changes but not wholesale - If we do that we may as well forfeit and I dont think Enzo is going to squander the chance to test his players against elite opposition. 

I agree too.  I think this could be a great barometer of where we are. Possibly even more important than that is the need to keep some momentum going and put our relatively new team against better opposition. It may inspire us to lift our game to new levels and if we do imagine the confidence that will bring. Conversely I fear if we put a weak team that we could get spanked and that is never good for confidence or momentum. The team will probably be tweaked anyway based on their analysis of the best way to tackle this game. 

Hermansen

Coady            Souttar           Justin

Choudhury        K D H

Casadei           Ndidi

Akgun                Daka           Mavididi

Edited by FoxinNotts

6 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

No excuse for the hillsborough chants but not sure how singing your own national anthem contributes to you being considered a vile scumbag.

I went to the game and there were no Hillsborough chants.

Just the stupid feed the scousers one.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

anyone that celebrates a song about a group of people that has leeched off this country for centuries and facilitated the murder of its citizens for financial gain may not be a vile scumbag but they are very much a clueless fool. 

that anthem should be removed. 

I'm pretty sure that all the fans singing the anthem were doing it to wind up the scouse fans rather than pledging their undying devotion to the royal family.