Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool pre match - EFL Cup

I think we are going to get a bit of a spanking tonight. I don't think the way we play will work well against a team that are as good at the press as Liverpool. 

Hope I'm wrong and really, I'm not all that fussed about the cup but I think our main focus for tonight would be keep it respectable. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm really looking forward to tonight. 

It's a free hit really with a lot to gain if we do snatch it. I'm interested to see how we perform.

It's one of those rare games with a large potential upside but little potential downside. If we win, I'll be thrilled; if we lose, I'll forget about it within minutes provided there are no injuries. Please let there be no injuries. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sad reality is we have 46 other games this season that are more important than this one in the grand scheme of the club. Obviously success breeds success, it'd be good for confidence, bit of cash in the bacn etc if we do win... but tbh I'm not too bothered if we lose. I suspect Enzos team selection will reflect a similar view. Like others have said no injuries is key and losing by no more than 2 would be nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

I think we are going to get a bit of a spanking tonight. I don't think the way we play will work well against a team that are as good at the press as Liverpool. 

Hope I'm wrong and really, I'm not all that fussed about the cup but I think our main focus for tonight would be keep it respectable. 

They will put the kids out more than likely, as will we. We will probably lose but I don’t think it will be a spanking! 

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd go something like this:

Stolarczyk

Albrighton

Souttar

Coady

Nelson

Casadei

Hamza

McAteer

Yunus

Iheanacho

Daka

Yeah i'd like to see if Albrighton can play the inverted fullback role.

• Like 1

45 mins each for Coady and Souttar, for me. A half is ample for both.  I absolutely would be getting Souttar back involved. He’s easily good enough to contribute, especially given how little defending we are having to do in the league games.  

This was Liverpool's Europa League starting XI last week, i'm expecting pretty much the same to be honest. Worth noting they were pretty terrible until they made changes.

Kelleher

Bajcetic

Konate

VVD

Tsimikas

Elliot

Gravenberch

Endo

Doak

Nunez

Diaz

Diaz and Nunez also played at the weekend, so those two may well swap out for Jota and Gakpo. Similarly VVD has played back to back so it may be Matip in for him.

There's also a young lad called Jarell Quansah who has been getting minutes here and there this season.

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

That's the fear. No matter who plays, Klopp would've drilled them to press high. You only have to look at a team playing similarly to us, Burnley, to see the difference between PL and championship. Head saying easy win for Liverpool, heart saying we win on pens. 

2 hours ago, brookfox said:

Sad reality is we have 46 other games this season that are more important than this one in the grand scheme of the club. Obviously success breeds success, it'd be good for confidence, bit of cash in the bacn etc if we do win... but tbh I'm not too bothered if we lose. I suspect Enzos team selection will reflect a similar view. Like others have said no injuries is key and losing by no more than 2 would be nice.

...46, I am not sure if I understand this part!!!

Surely 40 in the league and F.A. Cup game depending on our progress, so minimum 41.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd go something like this:

Stolarczyk

Albrighton

Souttar

Coady

Nelson

Casadei

Hamza

McAteer

Yunus

Iheanacho

Daka

I think that team would get spanked mate (assuming we're trying to play the same way). Albrighton and Hamza will either hide from the ball or will lose posession or put our CBs under pressure. Either way they would not deal with Liverpool's pressing ability.

Casadei would get ran over and be a by-stander.

All 3 CBs not played.

Personally if the plan is to line up anything like that then I think we may as well save everyone the time and money and just forfeit the tie :D