Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Other teams so far…

Cov and Cardiff looked decent but we gifted them a few opportunities with the system we we’re playing,  which we seem to have tweeked a little so that isn’t happening. 

Really hard to say. Hull were organised as were Bristol City but neither really offered much going forward. Granted we lost to Hull. 

It's difficult to judge teams at the moment as they either come with a different game plan to their norm and park the bus or if they try to out play us, they get taken apart.

I've not been overly impressed with any team we've played so far, but it's still early season, relatively. When we play Leeds, Ipswich and maybe Sunderland, I'm hoping to see how we cope with teams that should give us a more challenging game.

14 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Devensively most teams have come over as fine, less so Southampton. But i have not been nervous when any of the teams we have played so far have come into our area. You just know when they shoot its more likely to end up in row z then in the back of the net. 

Yeah you definitely don't get punished like you do in the prem. Also Mads barely spills anything which is a massive improvement on last season

• Like 1

I think Leeds will come good with their strength, but could depend on their injury record. Just very glad we've built up such a gap for now. 

Sunderland I think will stick around. And there's always one team that starts poorly but recovers and ends up around playoffs, think that team will be Cov. Surprised they've only won one all season. 

Plymouth seem quite well set up, as do Ipswich. But wonder what their squad depth is like and how much momentum will take them forward... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

It’s a terrible league … when judging it on the standard of football 

it’s a HUGE leap now between 17th in premier league and champions of the championship 

But you know what I love the Championship 

it’s fun again 

We are comfortably better than Luton, Burnley and Sheffield United.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Izzy said:

This.

I didn't realise just how big the gulf in class is between the PL and the Championship. Lots of hustle and bustle in the EPL but the quality of our opponents has generally been pretty shite so far IMO

You need only look at the current PL table to see the gulf…..3 points from 15 games for last seasons promoted teams!

Apart from Hull’s deflected effort it seems that all teams take at least 3-4 exceptional chances to even test our keeper.

Whereas you’d know in the Prem (even the mid to lower teams) would have punished us every time.

My biggest worry so far is that I see so many people saying: “… when we get out of 2nd gear”, “…. when it clicks…” and “… when we get used to the new style” etc.

What if it doesn’t get better? What if this is our peak? Would it be enough? It has been so far …. 

• Like 1

Talent-wise (and maybe manager-wise) Leicester and Leeds seem the clear elite.  Hull is built like a classic Championship contender and well-coached, and I suspect they'll be top six in the end.  Ipswich looks somewhat dangerous, and who's to say Preston can't keep this up?  The mystery team is Southampton, who have plenty of talent to finish top 3 but a manager who may drag them down the table if the players quit on him.

26 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

It’s a terrible league … when judging it on the standard of football 

it’s a HUGE leap now between 17th in premier league and champions of the championship 

But you know what I love the Championship 

it’s fun again 

The championship is different gravy. 

Yesterday I watched our game an celebrated us getting given the pen. No apprehension about if the decision would be over turned, no worry about anything "being looked at". 

I watched some of the late kick off game in the Prem. Saw the VAR incident into Brentford's goal, show them looking at offside for the goal for well over a minute, then when they showed the ball moving forward from the pass it didn't even go to the player they were putting lines too. An absolute farce, 2 minutes looking into a goal that was fine, I'm so happy we don't have VAR, And not looking forward to it returning if we get back to the Prem. 

But of all the teams we have played none have stood out, as others have said, some are organised but lacking quality. 

• Like 1