Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CharlieTraveller

Live Match Streaming Service - Failure with No Refund

I.watched the game in Paris and had no issues at all apart from a few seconds buffering at one point in the first half. I would not be happy if there was no service and you don’t get your money back irrespective of who is at fault otherwise it’s a bit like going to the pub, paying for a pint and being given an empty glass as they have no beer pumps working.

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I live in Austria and only experienced some minor issues last SaturdaY. Generally all the previous games have been fine.  May be you have an internet issue? 

LCFC themselves posted several times on social media that it was an issue their end that they were looking to resolve with the provider.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I live in Austria and only experienced some minor issues last SaturdaY. Generally all the previous games have been fine.  May be you have an internet issue? 

No internet issue - I finally received a notification that 35 minutes of the game was not broadcast due to a technical issue on their side. This is not the first time.

The point I have is why should it even be a question as to whether I get a refund or a credit?

LCFC are putting the blame on StreamAMG and asking if refunds will be given.... whilst my money - as do many others - sits in their account.

It's a no-brainer - if you advertise a service, and I pay for it but don't receive it as described, I should get a refund or at least an option of a credit for the next live game.

I'm just waiting to read from them '...at least you would have seen the penalty!' :)

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

I.watched the game in Paris and had no issues at all apart from a few seconds buffering at one point in the first half. I would not be happy if there was no service and you don’t get your money back irrespective of who is at fault otherwise it’s a bit like going to the pub, paying for a pint and being given an empty glass as they have no beer pumps working.

Exactly!

1 hour ago, CharlieTraveller said:

For the second time in two weeks the Fox Hub overseas live match service failed. I live in northern Europe and the highlight of my week is following the Foxes.

The service had 'technical problems' for the first 35 minutes of the game but by that time we all headed out into town to see if we could find it playing anywhere else.

I paid for a service - and now LCFC administration is seeing whether I can receive my money back from StreamAMG media - which is in itself a joke as this service is promoted by LCFC and therefore it is their responsibility. LCFC receive a licence fee from AMG.

If anyone else suffered problems then let me know.  A County Court Judgement for a tenner seems ludicrous but if there are hundreds of us all suffering from having our money taken but not receiving the service, then maybe City Admin might take note.

I buy a gameday passes…I complained 10,20 & 30 mins into the match,say this was the 2nd time I had lost part or like Saturday the whole match..They responded with technical problems,leading most likely to no service..

Asked why no online chkpoints & other technical facts that they haven’t used..

I am ex telecoms & Brdcast tech…I told them for Saturday I expect a full refund,within or before 16:00 hrs ( gmt) I received my PayPal payment including at 

The normal echange rate..I paid €12.58—received that back into my account.

I complained over all platforms..told them my Anglo Saxon thoughts,They apologised and service Center confirmed refund would be immediately actioned.

In my mail on the technical side,I told them they should implement 15 minutes before game a chk brdcast pt,showing when you actually have access over Fox hub,then brdcast action is valid ,play an old video. Or inform customer of problems with a chk point info note/card.

Bloody 40 yrs ago It-broadcast messages and cheap ticker lines were automatically part of the packages,and available , plus post-macro patches within relevant program packages .Any customer clicking on the file/arrow does not want to be repeatedly shown, just the marketing sales routine Passes. once payed they should at least lead customer to another wait card,So the customer knows what to do,and not leave him blind…and not showing again how to pay for choice of Passes he has already payed for..!!  It’s pathetic,poor technical know how, and far from customer friendly.

That why  only pay for day passes…I don’t want to be conned out of a years payment without service expected..

PS..I don’t know why KP interfaces themselves,don’t help out.

One hand washes the other..And KP business Must have contact to Asian brdcast partners. Asian markets would be experienced in Sport broadcasting routines..Most likely they might be selling,implementing ,troubleshooting  such systems world wide..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I had problems on Saturday trying to log in 5 mins before the game and  eventually got on during half time, so only saw the second half. 

Last Wednesday I logged 45 mins before the Norwich game and got through straight away, whereas my son in Canada tried to log in 5 mins before and never got on at all. We both have Seasonal Game Passes. It's really unacceptable.

From now on I'm logging in as early as possible as that seems guarantee you get in.  However that's no excuse, the club should be making a statement about what happened over the last two games and what they intend to do about it. Their silence is deafening.

Edited by ultrafox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CharlieTraveller said:

For the second time in two weeks the Fox Hub overseas live match service failed. I live in northern Europe and the highlight of my week is following the Foxes.

The service had 'technical problems' for the first 35 minutes of the game but by that time we all headed out into town to see if we could find it playing anywhere else.

I paid for a service - and now LCFC administration is seeing whether I can receive my money back from StreamAMG media - which is in itself a joke as this service is promoted by LCFC and therefore it is their responsibility. LCFC receive a licence fee from AMG.

If anyone else suffered problems then let me know.  A County Court Judgement for a tenner seems ludicrous but if there are hundreds of us all suffering from having our money taken but not receiving the service, then maybe City Admin might take note.

There was an additional tweet about contacting providers and refunds.

Edited by FoyleFox

3 hours ago, CharlieTraveller said:

Ask the service provider for a refund, and if that doesn't work, ask your credit or debit card provider to do a charge back.

1 hour ago, Uncle Monty said:

I live in the US and had the same issue with not being able to watch the first half.

Same here.

First couple of games were flawless, but have been experiencing issues lately. With no other options, here’s hoping it improves as the season progresses.

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

There was an additional tweet about contacting providers and refunds.

There was also this tweet as well so it was good to see they had priorities in order so while you couldn’t watch the match you could still buy your merchandise and match tickets 

• Haha 1

I just wish they'd got in touch, one way or another. I'd be fairly patient if they had.

I always tried to avoid illegal streaming, but, having moved abroad, it's proven very reliable over the past week, as opposed to the legal means that I paid for in good faith.

So I've learnt a lot from that. The outrageously wealthy people who sue poor people for illegally streaming should learn something too. If you toe the line, as I did, the one clear upshot is that breaking the law is way more effective, and that the supposedly moral way of paying for a product is inferior to the free one.

If you want to get rich off selling these products, do it properly. Or at least send me a bloody message when you screw up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I got an email but it just said sorry about the issues and that they are working to resolve them in the future. 

Not really good enough when you charge per game :dunno:

So you get a refund if you pay for one game. But if you make a bigger commitment to the club's products, no refund and - in my case - not even a polite message. To me, it's shocking treatment. And, to be honest, my expectations of the club weren't at all high. Years ago I'd have felt let down, but after what I've seen in recent years I really should have known better.

I've never made much of an effort with social media. But I'm going to go out of my way to let people know that they're not going to get what they paid for if they make the same mistake I did.

• Like 1