Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CharlieTraveller

Live Match Streaming Service - Failure with No Refund

13 hours ago, CharlieTraveller said:

No internet issue - I finally received a notification that 35 minutes of the game was not broadcast due to a technical issue on their side. This is not the first time.

The point I have is why should it even be a question as to whether I get a refund or a credit?

LCFC are putting the blame on StreamAMG and asking if refunds will be given.... whilst my money - as do many others - sits in their account.

It's a no-brainer - if you advertise a service, and I pay for it but don't receive it as described, I should get a refund or at least an option of a credit for the next live game.

I'm just waiting to read from them '...at least you would have seen the penalty!' :)

Your contract is with Foxes Hub, not with anyone else.

If it's StreamAMG's fault then Foxes Hub should refund you and seek compensation from them.

You never paid StreamAMG for a service.

Seems pretty basic contract law stuff. If your shirt's got a whole in it you take it back to the shop, not the Ben Sherman factory.

• Like 3

I tried accessing from the US. Tried on my phone (worked), iPad (said I didn’t have a subscription?!) and tv via browser (didn’t work, until I clicked ‘desktop site’). Missed first 25 minutes ****ing about with it. First time it’s been a problem…

Their whole response sounds  like it was written by chat gpt … or did they keep Brendan on in the excuses capacity? lol

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the error encountered during your use of our service at the weekend.
We acknowledge the frustration it may have caused and assure you that we have addressed the issue with the utmost seriousness and worked hard to resolve it.

Our team identified the root cause and implemented a solution. In terms of recompense, we will provide an update on refunds accordingly, so please keep an eye on your emails. 

Meanwhile, we have taken proactive steps to minimize the impact of the error on your service”

426119:1653531

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Watching down in Argentina and couldn’t get it on till the half time either, so it definitely isn’t an internet issue 😅 to be honest I didn’t realize if the games are on sky then we can’t get to watch them either. How the fook is that possible, you pay for a subscription on a private football club but they can’t show their own stream because of sky. 

7 minutes ago, Foxes99 said:

Watching down in Argentina and couldn’t get it on till the half time either, so it definitely isn’t an internet issue 😅 to be honest I didn’t realize if the games are on sky then we can’t get to watch them either. How the fook is that possible, you pay for a subscription on a private football club but they can’t show their own stream because of sky. 

Because the Club receives revenue from the Sky-EFL deal.  Logical really.

Edited by mozartfox

On 25/09/2023 at 10:50, CharlieTraveller said:

No internet issue - I finally received a notification that 35 minutes of the game was not broadcast due to a technical issue on their side. This is not the first time.

The point I have is why should it even be a question as to whether I get a refund or a credit?

LCFC are putting the blame on StreamAMG and asking if refunds will be given.... whilst my money - as do many others - sits in their account.

It's a no-brainer - if you advertise a service, and I pay for it but don't receive it as described, I should get a refund or at least an option of a credit for the next live game.

I'm just waiting to read from them '...at least you would have seen the penalty!' :)

Your contract is with the club, they refund you, the streaming service refund them. If you've paid by credit card or used an overdraft you can get a refund through the bank or card provider under s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. A lot of effort for a £10 though.

If affected check emails as This has been posted by someone on Reddit 

“Dear Supporter,

The Club is aware that supporters have encountered issues affecting their ability to access live streams of Leicester City’s two most recent Sky Bet Championship matches on Foxes Hub.

Fans have contacted the Club to report difficulties accessing broadcasts of last Wednesday’s match at Norwich City and the home fixture with Bristol City on Saturday.

These were related to issues concerning external service providers and were beyond the Club’s control.

Leicester City would like to express its apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused supporters attempting to watch or listen to these matches on Foxes Hub.

Fans are reassured that these issues have now been rectified ahead of upcoming Foxes Hub broadcasts.

Supporters affected are able to claim a pro-rata refund for the interruption to the service to which they were eligible during the games specified by emailing [email protected]. Please outline which game you were attempting to access in your email to help us process your refund.

Fans are advised that increased broadcast restrictions were in place for the Norwich City fixture, which would have restricted access to audio only in sold territories.

BRISTOL CITY Fans are advised that this match was unrestricted internationally, so all supporters who purchased a pass will be entitled to a pro-rata refund.

NORWICH CITY Fans are advised that increased broadcast restrictions were in place for the Norwich City fixture.

If you owned an International Video Game Pass (monthly or seasonal) but were attempting to access the Foxes Hub stream in a ‘sold territory’, please note that your refund will be for the audio package only.

‘SOLD TERRITORIES’ EXPLAINED A sold territory is where the EFL have an appointed rights holder (broadcaster) in the territory you are based.

This is the package which was available in your territory for the Norwich City game and will be refunded based on a pro-rata rate of the Seasonal/Monthly Audio Pass. This applies to you if you’re based in a territory listed below:

Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Chad, Djibouti, Somalia, Palestine.

USA

France and French Territories Andorra, Monaco, and The French Overseas Départments and territories which consist of Clipperton; Guadeloupe; Guyane Française; Madagascar; Martinique; Mauritius; Mayotte; Nouvelle-Calédonie; Polynésie-Française; La Réunion; Saint Barthélémy; Saint Martin; Saint-Pierre et Miquelon; Terres Australes et Antarctiques Françaises; and Wallis et Futuna.

Scandinavia Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Iceland

The Baltics Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania

Poland Iceland The Netherlands Turkey

Please contact [email protected] and include the game(s) and package for which you are requesting a pro rata refund.

LCFC”

Has everyone using this from abroad been a full time overseas supporter, or can you use it easily enough if you are UK based but away on a holiday etc? I'm off on a work trip abroad soon, so I'm going to miss a couple of games, so if this has a decent chance of working I'll try using it if possible - my LCFC.com account has obviously got a UK address associated with it.

On 27/09/2023 at 13:55, Lambert09 said:

Their whole response sounds  like it was written by chat gpt … or did they keep Brendan on in the excuses capacity? lol

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the error encountered during your use of our service at the weekend.
We acknowledge the frustration it may have caused and assure you that we have addressed the issue with the utmost seriousness and worked hard to resolve it.

Our team identified the root cause and implemented a solution. In terms of recompense, we will provide an update on refunds accordingly, so please keep an eye on your emails. 

Meanwhile, we have taken proactive steps to minimize the impact of the error on your service”

426119:1653531

The Z in minimize is a dead giveaway….

• Like 1

13 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Has everyone using this from abroad been a full time overseas supporter, or can you use it easily enough if you are UK based but away on a holiday etc? I'm off on a work trip abroad soon, so I'm going to miss a couple of games, so if this has a decent chance of working I'll try using it if possible - my LCFC.com account has obviously got a UK address associated with it.

I was on holiday in Europe for the Bristol City game and paid for the game using my LCFC account that has my UK/Leicester address attached.

So yes, it does work which it is good….although I did experience the same issues as a number of other users on the day, with the stream working for a couple of seconds here and there first half but worked fine all second half.

But in principle, yes you’re good to go.

• Thanks 1

Guest Col city fan
On 25/09/2023 at 13:42, Strokes said:

The stream I had was direct from Foxes Hub. No issues.

So I’m guessing it was maybe 1 or 2 of a few servers?

It must have been, that’s the only explanation 

🤷‍♂️

Guest J-FOX

I signed up on the first day for the season pass to watch from Japan. The promotional rhetoric and advertising did NOT make clear the limitations of the service.

So while they accepted payments and cards from Japan the small print said that video was unavailable in Japan. I complained immediately and was given a full refund.

Shameful service, misleading advertising and a product that is not ready for consumption - GREED always wins..... see recent shirt scandal.

On 26/09/2023 at 01:30, Bourbon Fox said:

Your contract is with Foxes Hub, not with anyone else.

If it's StreamAMG's fault then Foxes Hub should refund you and seek compensation from them.

You never paid StreamAMG for a service.

Seems pretty basic contract law stuff. If your shirt's got a whole in it you take it back to the shop, not the Ben Sherman factory.

I took my shirts back to Ben Sherman factory and got 5 Tank-tops..

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

If there are any issues tomorrow during the Blackburn game I'm not even going to complain, I will just issue a chargeback via PayPal for the full amount.  

That's basically how I started..

"Just in case"  sameday game pass..

So far promised refund(s) I got with no hassle

.plus I let all providers in the chain know,I was very disappointed & angry.

So last week's debacle,at least All apologised,over the afternoon..Though has mentioned fox hub was the refunded.

I might try again this afternoon over Belgium...

I still believe they should allow beforehand 15 minutes grace,so one can check if one has connect to/for the brdcast..