Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 3-1 LCFC - Post Match

13 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Glad we're out of it and it's distraction. Concentrate on the league and promotion now.

I so wanted to beat them last night but as you say it’s a blessing in disguise as that Ref was never going to allow Liverpool to lose with his biased display, we got out of it injury free and McAteer scored another goal, plus Akgun had a decent first half and Cody looked excellent ibut not quite not fully fit yet…

• Like 2

I think the game wasn't just about who we had missing, no doubt Mags and Winks would've made a difference, but who we had on the pitch too. Nacho and Casadei were absolute passengers. You can't go to Anfield and expect to get something, without all your players giving 100%. All in all I'm glad it's over, I hate playing them.

We had two starters last night who played in League 2 last season.

For me it shows how impressive their performances were last night (still happy with Stol despite a few errors)

But most of all it shows utter mismanagement from the club. We did it so often last season and whilst we were in the Prem, why as a Premier League club did we send 20 year olds out to League 2? Both were more than good enough for lower championship sides but we just couldn't be arsed at shipped them to whoever asked nicest. 

And those two clubs happened to be strugglers with poor managers.... good work guys... 

• Like 2

The Tory thing originated from a video of about 10 fans singing “Boris Johnson will take your benefits” at Goodison Park in the 19/20 season.

That sparked a lot of stuff and it’s got worse ever since. We never used to get this nonsense before then. 

I do think a lot our fans are too thick to understand the connotations of “always the victims” though. 

• Like 2

Although I  think the boys did OK, I'm getting a bit frustrated that we don't have a Plan B 

Playing against teams that have a High Press means we play ourselves in to trouble. 

Last night was not the first time I've watched our keeper play a poor ball to a player who's hurried and made a poor decision or been caught in possession.

Apart from that Glad we're out and we can concentrate on the Division  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Last night was not the first time I've watched our keeper play a poor ball to a player who's hurried and made a poor decision or been caught in possession. 

Its a risk / reward approach. The process has led to more good attacks than it has goals conceded. It is going to happen - we see the best make this mistake. Last night was worse because we were playing one of the best pressing teams out there and a 2nd string keeper / defence that haven't ever played together before. I'm actually glad we stuck to it - there was no better learning experience playing this type of system.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This plan B talk is utter nonsense. 

The plan is to play football in a way that Enzo wants too.

What is plan B anyway? Lump it up field? 

Modern football is all about problem solving within a game, this is what the game has evolved into, having a “plan b” is all part of that philosophy, if something isn’t working the system can be tweaked with the plays on the pitch… the majority probably won’t recognise it because it isn’t smashing the ball into a channel or a big man. 

We will continue to play this way, mistakes will be made but eventually we will probably be fairly comfortable at this level and just dominate for 90 minutes, much like Bristol. 

Entirely agree. It seems “plan b” is an expression born out of the lazy pundits we all slate, and then repeated.

We’re a dozen games into playing an entirely new style. That style will take years to implement thoroughly and yet a month or two in we’ve got “plan b” being banded about.

This style is plan A-Z, we’re implementing the basics of the first phase, finding out which players can adapt and coaching them.

Personally I love having a style of play that’s obviously being worked on.

• Like 2

My view on us sticking to the tactical approach is that we will get more proficient and less clunky in when we switch  formations etc as the season progresses. 

the point about us not being able to deliver it in the prem implies that we wouldn't recruit new players into the squad if/when we return. We'd clearly sign about 7 or 8 players to upgrade capability to deliver the tactics, so it's kind of a moot point. I'd rather us create a succesful way of playing and then recruit to that blueprint.

If we are on, say,  14 wins after 16 games (ie same again as we have just achieved) then i think Top, Rudkin etc will start looking prettyy early toward 24/25 season at 'who do we bring in that would upgrade us at CB,  low pivots, number 8's etc).

I think we can already see that there are 2 or 3 new players in the set up that have potential to be premier league quality ie Fatawu, Akgun, Doyle, Winks, Hermansen - and McAteer if he continues to progress.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Although I  think the boys did OK, I'm getting a bit frustrated that we don't have a Plan B 

Playing against teams that have a High Press means we play ourselves in to trouble. 

There was one point (because the crowd was silent) that you could literally hear Enzo shout 'Kick it long' and got very angry when Stol didn't..... he is flexible but the players need to know when to bail out too. It's on them when they're on the pitch. 

• Like 2

I think in nearly every game so far this season, I’ve seen at least something positive from Enzo/the team. Yesterday was no different. Very positive goal. Great movement. I think as we develop more, we will start adapting our style to these sorts of games. Would’ve been mad to have done it last night with plan A being so new to the players. 

First time in a long time I’m excited for us. All down to Enzo.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Interesting I didn’t have that take at all really. Looked very comfortable on the ball and was coming well for crosses.

Very shakey on his shot stopping. Parried an easy save to Doak first half who should of scored. Almost teed Liverpool up a few times in the second half aswell

Edited by South Shire Fox

We played well imo. Lost to the better team that happens to be one of the best teams in the world right now. That play the perfect way to counter the way we play. Lost in a respectable way, sticking to our principles and giving it a good go at that. After making 10 changes. 

Proud of the performance last night. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Corky said:

The Tory nonsense only appears when we play the club with the self styled biggest social and political conscience. Strange, that.

I find the whole thing tedious and our fan base is, at best, mixed politically given the city/ county split. Liverpool, by sheer weight of numbers, probably have more Tory fans than we do

Considering half their fans are from the home counties this is probably true.

I've posted before that I love the Tories / Scouse not English stuff just because I can send it to my many acquaintances from SE England who support pool. Really eats them up, I love it

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

We had two starters last night who played in League 2 last season.

For me it shows how impressive their performances were last night (still happy with Stol despite a few errors)

But most of all it shows utter mismanagement from the club. We did it so often last season and whilst we were in the Prem, why as a Premier League club did we send 20 year olds out to League 2? Both were more than good enough for lower championship sides but we just couldn't be arsed at shipped them to whoever asked nicest. 

And those two clubs happened to be strugglers with poor managers.... good work guys... 

Or nobody else was interested and thus some league football was better than no league football. You can't force clubs to take your players.

2 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

I think the point is that we still need a lot of coaching in Plan A. Which is what last night was, and why we stick to it. Which is absolutely right. 

edit: didn’t realise this point had already been in a much more articulate way by several others. 

Edited by ChrisFilter
Not reading

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Or nobody else was interested and thus some league football was better than no league football. You can't force clubs to take your players.

I just don't buy it, especially given we failed to find Kasey ANY loan for the first half of last season.

Took Enzo five minutes to realise we had a player there!

We've had good relationships with the likes of WBA (desperate for players last season), Huddersfield and Luton in the past. Maybe Luton aside there's no way to other two didn't have a need for him last season. 

At the very least league 1, I stand by the fact if you have any feeling that you might have a good player on your hands they should never go out on loan more than two levels below your current level.

You only have to look at the fact he played left back at U21 level (and also in an FA Cup game for the useless midget) to know we didn't have a clue.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

This plan B talk is utter nonsense. 

The plan is to play football in a way that Enzo wants too.

What is plan B anyway? Lump it up field? 

Modern football is all about problem solving within a game, this is what the game has evolved into, having a “plan b” is all part of that philosophy, if something isn’t working the system can be tweaked with the plays on the pitch… the majority probably won’t recognise it because it isn’t smashing the ball into a channel or a big man. 

We will continue to play this way, mistakes will be made but eventually we will probably be fairly comfortable at this level and just dominate for 90 minutes, much like Bristol. 

All Good points, Plan B might be to get the Players to recognise when it needs tweaking then  :thumbup:

25 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

All Good points, Plan B might be to get the Players to recognise when it needs tweaking then  :thumbup:

They will, it’s all reactionary and proactive. As a group they will guided by the manager, who won’t move away from his philosophy. Enzo and his team will probably think if most scenarios that arise in a game and have set plans to combat them, and then there’s the spontaneous scenarios too.

Football isn’t a simple as having a plan A and a plan B anymore. The system is designed to be fluid. What you can account for is the quality of the opportunity….. Liverpool are in a different world to us at the moment. 

In terms of the Championship, since the international break, we’ve been quality, we’ve played some good stuff and have beaten some of the better teams. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We played well imo. Lost to the better team that happens to be one of the best teams in the world right now. That play the perfect way to counter the way we play. Lost in a respectable way, sticking to our principles and giving it a good go at that. After making 10 changes. 

Proud of the performance last night. 

First team one of the best in the world  however it was also Leicesters second string although most of Leicesters will undoubtedly get more game time than Liverpools