Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 3-1 LCFC - Post Match

Whilst I will berate the officials and abysmal commentary, I cannot dispute the scoreline. Other than the goal in the third minute, it was virtually one-way traffic and something had to give.

We played our way to the end and we leave Anfield with credit and heads help high. 

Now, back to that promotion chase...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

The fact Liverpool fans are back singing tory chants is quite simply hilarious that we are still in their heads. That Christmas loss really hurt bless them 

I missed them singing until the 95th minute.

Least self aware fans ever, at least most of the other big clubs know the wider football community hate them

Tonight was a match we did not really have much to play for, i'd happily sacrifice every cup this season to focus on the league. Overall I thought we were pretty poor albeit "comfortable" in the first half. Tonight was all about how we applied ourselves and how our tactical system would stack up against one of the best counter pressing teams in Europe. In the end i'm still unconvinced by us, over time I'm hopeful that we iron out these creases, but the mistakes we continue to make week in week out are not really to do with our tactical approach, they are amateur mistakes.

Positionally we are poor, every time we gifted Liverpool an opportunity we had players scattered all over the place with no structure.
There is something fundamental missing from our play right now, we get cut open with simple passes, switch off too easily, every single position on the pitch making really simple mistakes and consistently choosing the wrong option, we have barely anything in the final third.

Overall I can't expect too much from us, and maybe this looks harsh, but there were some bright moments tonight, Akgun and Hamza were great tonight, Hamza has been a breath of fresh air since stepping back into the side. Souttar thrown in and made some errors but on balance he stopped more chances than made errors. Great goal from Mcateer continuing his fire form.
In the end it's a fair result, we were thoroughly outclassed which I fully expected, just very disappointing by how unstructured we seem to be when we lose possession, I made the comparison to Burnley as a team to watch this season as Kompany also has some elements of his style from Peps tactical approach, and the similarities of how unstructured they look is strikingly similar.

We keep riding our luck, hope Enzo can find a solution as it could easily have been 7 or 8 tonight.
One of the most corrupt Refereeing performances I've ever seen tonight.

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 2

Just now, Corky said:

Genuinely the most tedious aspect of the last three/ four years. Was really hoping we'd have a year off from it.

Yep, the lack of listening to utter claptrap from the brainwashed zombies who support the big six has been welcome. 

Seriously don’t think I have met a Liverpool fan who talks a good game. It’s like they don’t even like football

4 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Made 10 changes against a side that, though they made changes, still cost a lot of money. Quality showed in their goals.

Saw one of the most bizarre and biased refereeing displays. 

And still had them worried for the majority.

On we go in the league. :scarf:

Only had them worried first 5 mins..then they wised up to that. 

At no point after did they look worried. 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

We have been miles behind Liverpool for a long time to be fair 

To make 10 changes with two CBs who hadn't played all season we put on a decent show. 

It wasn’t long ago we were better than them. 

They made loads of changes too. 

im not complaining about tonight but it just shows where we are. 

• Like 4

Restwd Mads, Faes, Vestergaard, Winks, Vardy and Mavididi for Sunday, and KDH, Wilf only played a minor part, minutes for Coady and Souttar ( who we will need now Doyle is out) are other pluses. 

As for the game, the first three minutes were good, the rest was a horror show, got a way with it not being 6 or 7. You would think they wouldn't try and pass it around in their own box when they're pressing with 4 or 5 each time. Even Man City wouldn't do that, we needed to be smarter and could have had more joy in the counter. But nevermind we were never going to win this cup, we need to get out of this league and focus turns to Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aside from the result and the ref, the most horrific thing tonight was the commentary. The commentator genuinely didn't say one positive thing about leicester in the whole game but was wanking himself over every little thing Liverpool did. The media bias in this country gets worse which I didn't think was possible. Just because the bigger clubs have a bigger fan base, why does the media think that everyone wants 90 minutes of talking about them and totally ignoring the opposition. Just glad I don't actually pay for sky as they are all a joke! 

• Like 2