Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 3-1 LCFC - Post Match

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I also take a glimmer of positivity in the fact they had to bring Nunez and Szoboszlai on to get their 2nd goal.

True but I don't think this was a change born out of Klopp realising we are better than we expected, more than Liverpool couldn't hit a barn door tonight lol
Always good to see them forced to bring out the big guns though!

Glad others picked up on that commentator. Thought I had Liverpool TV on. Even after an attack second half he said we've done nothing 😂 Ndidi had just been in on goal. Arghhh

We did well on the break but could have been overawed on more occasions than we were. Overall that's probably a par performance for that eleven. 

I'd like to see a few more of those players who played tonight now integrated back in. Especially Souttar. Too good to be out the squad like he is. Don't get it at all.

Just now, jayfox26 said:

The commentator genuinely didn't say one positive thing about leicester in the whole game

Maybe its because there was nothing positive (goal aside) from our awful play tonight Shambles and inept does not come close to how awful we were. Yes I known there is a gap but this was the grand canyon size of gap.

I have been pretty shocked how poor the Championship standard is so far, and playing Liverpool tonight has just confirmed that huge gap. 

Luckily, I still feel we have the right Manager and we will invest if we go back up and improve in all areas. 

Credit to Liverpool, but as others have said, I want us to be fully focussed on the Championship. That is our level right now. 

• Like 1

Positives
• Great to get Coady some minutes in what turned out to be quite a combative and competitive game.

• Ditto Souttar. 

• Dolphin played well and will take a bit of confidence from that. 
• We're out, so less midweek distractions and/or injury risks

• McAteer took his goal well, his confidence must be sky-high

• No injuries reported

Negatives
• Daka's appearance – Leicester FB pages will be on another level tonight...

• Haha 1

We gave it a go. Gave minutes to alot of players who needed it. No injuries. Tested ourselves against an elite team.

Ref was shocking. 3 corners which went against us I'm really not sure why. McAteer getting elbowed in the face by Curtis Jones, it seemed to take alot for him to put his cards up for them.

Anyway, that's that. Full focus on the League.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Glad others picked up on that commentator. Thought I had Liverpool TV on. Even after an attack second half he said we've done nothing 😂 Ndidi had just been in on goal. Arghhh

We didn’t create anything since the 3rd minute and spent most of the match trying to play out from the back no matter how much pressure was there, usually giving chances away.

Nacho and Casadei disappointed again. 

Souttar, Coady and Akgun looked good despite the scoreline.  

Both Nacho and Casadei need  to step up their performances quickly, as they will be rightly pushed behind other players in the pecking order if they don't. 

They have to earn their starts, and neither have so far. 

• Like 3

I genuinely thought we played well tonight.

What other team never mind the championship has the balls to pass it round the back 4 in the box, granted we could of conceded a couple from it.

some positive performances tonight, considering we’re not arsed about the trophy, i thought the lads showed up tonight but ultimately Liverpool’s class was telling towards the last 20-25 minutes.

Nothing wrong with that at all, onwards & upwards, we are getting there!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonny_wright said:

Casedai a concern, at this point I’m glad it’s a loan 

Yeah he was poor tonight but its really stupid to make a judgement call on a performance against Liverpool. Whether we like them or not, they are masters of their craft and press relentlessly. We did well to play through it at times. 

Yes he was also poor against Norwich. But let's give him at least some time before passing a full judgement. 

2 minutes ago, sishades said:

Maybe its because there was nothing positive (goal aside) from our awful play tonight Shambles and inept does not come close to how awful we were. Yes I known there is a gap but this was the grand canyon size of gap.

We made 10 changes, 2 CBs never played together before. Liverpool strikers are full international worth 100m+ they played one of England's brightest Midfield talents, full internationals all over the pitch and play a style which is relentless. 

Personally I'm glad we kept trying, glad we kept playing out. 

We are a project only 3 months in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Aside from the result and the ref, the most horrific thing tonight was the commentary. The commentator genuinely didn't say one positive thing about leicester in the whole game but was wanking himself over every little thing Liverpool did. The media bias in this country gets worse which I didn't think was possible. Just because the bigger clubs have a bigger fan base, why does the media think that everyone wants 90 minutes of talking about them and totally ignoring the opposition. Just glad I don't actually pay for sky as they are all a joke! 

Agreed I genuinely had to check if my stream was using in house commentators or I wasn't streaming lfctv

1 minute ago, sishades said:

We weren't great but we were playing against one of the top teams in the country. The goal wasn't our only good thing. We defended really well at times, threw bodies on the line, should have had a pen and could have had other chances had our decision making, touch/final ball been better. We didn't deserve to win or draw but we also don't deserve to be completely disrespected by and unbelievably biased commentator. I'm not normally arsed about commentary and don't always take notice of it but it pissed me off no end tonight.

2 minutes ago, sishades said:

Actually thought our 2nd string defence (and backup keeper) held themselves to account well. After soaking a lot of pressure (pretty well), instead of praising the defence the commentator said we were playing like a 'deer in headlights'. Really didn't justify such one sided nonsense. 

• Thanks 1