Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 3-1 LCFC - Post Match

I have to say, apart from a few of really poor individual performances - i'm really proud of the team tonight.  To go up against a team of that quality with 10 changes, including Souttar, Coady and Daka who haven't played a minute of football this season, and not get humiliated, to stick to the game plan and to match them for fitness shows just how much progress we've made.

Annoyingly, a lot of the liverpool pressure came from us misplacing passes, which is inevitable when you have that many reserve or occasion players involved - so we didn't help ourselves in that respect, equally messing up numerous counter attacks for the same reason.  But the fight and awareness to make, what, three goal line clearances - wow - such a difference to last seasons indifference.

Four players for me just don't look capable of playing the Maresca system - nacho, casadei, justin and albrighton - they just don't have the control, the speed of action or the awareness to play such intricate, touch-based passing.  Granted they all put in a real effort, but nothing they did came off.

• Like 3

Result expected….Some players got gametime,and will be ok for this championship early period…

Most of our better/ or considered 1st 13-14 players,were not selected,nor system really adhered to.

one hopes that some of our squad can step up,and be a better side next season.But we will never have

the funds or cache of players that L’pool have.

I do wish Daka would of played from the beginning,if only to see if Enzo has a plan for him in our first team.

I just thought he was just thrown on,without purpose…I didn’t really see an Enzo-challenge tor the fringe players

With Nacho again proving he is a long way finding foot,rythme & place in this new regime….That’s why I would of liked 

Daka to start,and a plan B/C and team set up,,to see if he can fit in,inside that top 12-14 group of players.

I think it’s admirable that we stuck to our philosophy and were brave on the ball.

However, we have to be realistic and acknowledge that we are lucky that that ended 3-1. They are one of the most relentless teams in the world with regards to pressing and that was very evident tonight.

Casadei was poor and Iheanscho was lazy, very disappointed with those two.

Coady looked solid if a bit rusty, McAteer looked a threat and there were no injuries that we know of.

Blackburn is infinitely more important and I think Enzo acknowledged that with his lineup tonight, let’s hope for a result at the weekend.

• Like 1