Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 3-1 LCFC - Post Match

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I have to say, apart from a few of really poor individual performances - i'm really proud of the team tonight.  To go up against a team of that quality with 10 changes, including Souttar, Coady and Daka who haven't played a minute of football this season, and not get humiliated, to stick to the game plan and to match them for fitness shows just how much progress we've made.

Annoyingly, a lot of the liverpool pressure came from us misplacing passes, which is inevitable when you have that many reserve or occasion players involved - so we didn't help ourselves in that respect, equally messing up numerous counter attacks for the same reason.  But the fight and awareness to make, what, three goal line clearances - wow - such a difference to last seasons indifference.

Four players for me just don't look capable of playing the Maresca system - nacho, casadei, justin and albrighton - they just don't have the control, the speed of action or the awareness to play such intricate, touch-based passing.  Granted they all put in a real effort, but nothing they did came off.

Agree with all this apart from Justin. I think he will be just fine in that role a division below. Ricardo and Justin had tough asks tonight. Personally think Nacho needs benching for a long time and we persist with Vardy and Daka until Cannon is ready. Albrighton just not made for all this, and Casadei is probably a years development behind where we need him to be. 

Worth pointing out we are not coming up against anything like Liverpool (albeit with changes) unless we draw something tough in the FA cup. This is as tough as its going to get for us.

22 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

I missed them singing until the 95th minute.

Least self aware fans ever, at least most of the other big clubs know the wider football community hate them

I swear i've never before heard a home support audibly groan every time a decision (and there weren't many) was given against them.

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Anyone know why that Ben Doak is so angry? He reminded me of a typical school yard bully who always angry and hates everyone for no reason. Proper odd little creature. 

Scottish. Never going to play in a world cup. Understandable 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

I never knew they hated us this much? They generalise a whole club over a few chants...

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Have a scouse season ticket holder in my team. Every week they play 'the worst ever fans'.  Everyone complete disrespects etc etc. Just plain weird. 

IMO..too many of us concentrating on the ref…What did you think about our game,our players,being it seemed

it was a selection of players,in Enzo’s 2nd thoughts. Did he have any real belief in giving it a go,or just wanted to

get gametime in individuals legs, & gave it up as a lost cause,before a ball was kicked..

12 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I have to say, apart from a few of really poor individual performances - i'm really proud of the team tonight.  To go up against a team of that quality with 10 changes, including Souttar, Coady and Daka who haven't played a minute of football this season, and not get humiliated, to stick to the game plan and to match them for fitness shows just how much progress we've made.

Annoyingly, a lot of the liverpool pressure came from us misplacing passes, which is inevitable when you have that many reserve or occasion players involved - so we didn't help ourselves in that respect, equally messing up numerous counter attacks for the same reason.  But the fight and awareness to make, what, three goal line clearances - wow - such a difference to last seasons indifference.

Four players for me just don't look capable of playing the Maresca system - nacho, casadei, justin and albrighton - they just don't have the control, the speed of action or the awareness to play such intricate, touch-based passing.  Granted they all put in a real effort, but nothing they did came off.

Doesn't have an issue with Justin but you seem to dig him out a lot

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

He's Scottish and spent a lot of his youth in Liverpool. He's a classic scrote 

Probably best mates with that other scrote Robertson. Liverpool and Man U always seem to have really unlikeable players. Don't even get me started on that little rat Jota. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

These lot would argue with themselves in an empty room. They are an incredibly bitter fan base. Still never got over when Choudhury dared to tackle Salah and he got injured and Klopp full on went in on Hamza after the game and then he ended up getting death threats from some idiot Liverpool fans. Still cannot believe that Klopp did not get done for his post match interview after that game, it was absolutely disgusting! 

Where do they get this Tory tripe from. It is because we play in blue! Last time I looked Leicester returned Labour MPs. Ignorant.

Their fan base are something else but looking at the team there isn’t a likeable 1 amongst the them, not even from the British contingent who are some of the worst thinking they are up there with some of the old legends and swan about as such because they wear the shirt.

There has always been a few decent guys in their team but this lot are a bunch of kn0bs.

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

Where do they get this Tory tripe from. It is because we play in blue! Last time I looked Leicester returned Labour MPs. Ignorant.

I've no idea, they are a very odd bunch. Don't understand why they have so much hatred because of some stupid football chants. The only chants that I feel are unacceptable are anything to do with disasters. Getting upset over feed the scousers is just pathetic. 

• Like 2